Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PSV Eindhoven have sealed the transfer of Partizan Belgrade’s 20-year-old Yugoslav forward Mateja Kezman in a $13.1 million deal, according to reports in the Yugoslav press.

In addition to the transfer fee, PSV sponsors Philips have agreed to revamp the lighting system at Partizan’s stadium.

Kezman is considered to be the most promising talent in Yugoslav football. He scored 27 goals for Partizan last season.

How did they get this deal ? :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
I thought Bayern Munich were going to by him :confused:

And newspapers reported the new striker PSV were going to sign was Inter's Adrian mutu. :mad:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, i only read this news on the internet ans Mutu is going to Verona according to the press.

I think Kezman would be a good buy for PSV. He is a good and talented young striker and it's also a good choice from the player because at least here he has to chance to play.. If he joined one of the top-teams who were after him he wouldn't have the chance to play and again that would be a waste of talent.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
He will play until March. Then vNistelrooij returns, and whoever is the new striker, he'll be on the bench. vNistelrooij and Bruggink are first choice.

And about that deal of Philips and the lighting system in Belgrade: I have this feeling politics will prevent this to happen...
And something else: Philips isn't PSV's sponsor. It's PSV's owner. The P in PSV stand for Philips.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
And my feeling was a bit very right. In fact: politics will probably not only prevent the light-deal, but also the money-deal...

·
Registered
234 Posts
and i have a feeling u r very WRONG! about everything u just stated, to the point where u dont have a clue. the deal has gone through 100% Kezman is in holland with his new Mercedez and apartment and phillips are not just revamping the lighting at the Partizan stadium but the whole stadiums increasing capacity to 40 000 , making covers over the stadium rebuilding the sound system and new tv screens, & to top it off a new training ground. this from the money that they bought Kezman for and a program which gives PSV special priority to the cream of the partizan crop in the future. how about that! to top it off i read it all in n english newspaper and it was all quoted by the director of PSV! Oh and it has all been cleared in the dutch parliament

and please dont judge Kezmans ability till u have seen him play! thank u!

SO i guess...

IT REALLY is a hard world out there if you are
A Dutch FCB fan

[Edited by Nick54 on 18-07-2000 at 19:10]

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I haven't read anything about in the Dutch press. There is no Dutch newspaper bringing the news the political thing is over. In fact: the Dutch government can't do anything about it, because it's a EU-sanction. The money deal can be worked out, but then PSV can only pay to an account the serbs can only reach when the boycot is over. This is all Dutch press said about it, and I think Dutch press knows better what's going on in Holland than the crap what's calling themselves press in England. And the opportunity I had to see Kezman lasted for only 40 seconds. Van Nistelrooij will be first choice for sure, and Bruggink was the first striker in Dutch league to score 4 goals in one single game since ROMARIO. So trust me, Kezman will be on the bench after February. Especially because Kezman is a deep striker, and Bruggink isn't. Kezman will have to compete with Ruud van Nistelrooij. So he will be on the bench, you can put an easy bet on that. But after next season Ruud will probably leave and Kezman will have his chance again.

Life isn't that hard when you're A Dutch FCB Fan....
But why should it be hard when Kezman comes to PSV? I have nothing against this guy. But I think he will be on the bench. Especially now also Claudio returned to PSV.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Dutch FCB fan: Do you think that Van Nistelrooij will be 100% when he returns from surgery? I think it will take a little while for him to get his "game" legs back. He's an awesome player, but human physiology dictates that it should take him some time to get back. You will like Mateja in the interim however, I guarantee it ;). He's fast, and has a great nose for a goal. Two things that are a knock on him are 1)he doesn't run back all that often to help the midfield and 2)he doesn't play well in tight zone markings. One on one he's devastating, but a tight zone defense around him pretty much nullifies him. He's only 21, so he'll learn. And what better place than THE developer of the world's talent PSV! The "extra's" that my countryman Nick has mentioned are true as well. PSV and Partizan have inked a deal where PSV has first dibs on Partizan talent, in exchange for lights, training ground, etc. I'm a little sad to see him leave my beloved Partizan, but I wish him all the success in his new European career.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read the same thing as Dutch FCB Fan here in Belgium about the deal. The fee will be put on a special account and Partizan will only get the money when the problems with EU are solved.

About the eventually starting place. Bruggink is good and i saw him several times playing on tv etc.. I've only heard thing about Kezman so i really can't judge the player. For me it's wait and see who will be in the line-up.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Ruud will be able to start the practices at the end of January, so he will be 100% in March.

About the two points you mentioned, Grobar>
1> He doesn't have to run back to help the midfield. That's Bruggink's job. That's why I said he wouldn't be fighting with Bruggink but only with vNistelrooij.
2> Don't worry, we don't have many tight markers here in Holland. And when we meet some accidently, we always have Bruggink for close support and Bouma and Rommedahl on the wings. So don't worry, the necessairy space will be created.

PS. for the guys who don't know: My favourite Dutch side is PSV, so I'm following this very closely.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
And about the electronic systems:
I think it's the same with them as with the money: It can go to Belgrade after the EU-sanctions are ended. Until then....

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
A Dutch FCB Fan said:
I Van Nistelrooij will be first choice for sure, and Bruggink was the first striker in Dutch league to score 4 goals in one single game since ROMARIO.
First PSV-player to score 4 goals in one single game since Romario. Machlas and Makaay did it too a couple of years ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts