Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, it sometimes is usefull for the players to go out earlier. Of course for the good of the club is to keep the best players, but money is not enough in order to keep them. Bulgarian clubs sold two very promising talents to Bayern and Herta. I'm sorry that these guys didn't reach my favorite team, but they'd receive a better condition there. They'd learn how to be real winners, and they'd get more money. As far as I know Zvezda received 23 mil DM for Stankovic, enough to attract several young talents for the present team, and to pay attention to the youths of the club because if the club can transfer one player for such a price, then it is stable financially and has more chances to keep their players in the future. And Partizan also has some stability- this guy Delibasic impressed me really. But if you sell them for a nice prize there would be new guys coming soon, and you'd have a greater chance to keep them.
It is the same here, the team sells a player and it can keep the others as Levski does- our squad is unchanged for three seasons. In the summer we'd sell one or two of our stars, but I already see their substitutes in the team. It is so because we don't have so much money.

G

·
0 Posts
I hear that Milan are definatly going to buy Kezman and Boskovic for the next season...
Is this true(I hope it is :))?

M

·
0 Posts
Your right it is exciting but you have to look at realisticaly.How much time is Kezman going to spend on feild and Partizan is also going to lose out because were going to sell the best player in the league.(RS forever dont even think about disagreeing with me)

G

·
0 Posts
As far as I know, Beirhof(sp?) is leaving Milan after this season. That could give Kezman quite alot of playing time :)...

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I don't disagree, if you exclude Boskovic, Pjanovic, Vukomanovic, Gvozdenovic,Dudic, Lerinc you would be selling the best player in the league... :) :)
Now, Grobar-Otago, I must admit that I can't see why you are getting excited, those players will hardly get the chance to play and even if they do, wouldn't you rather they stay in your team so that it can build up into a respectable team in Europe??
What would be the point of, lets say Partizan selling Kezman, then next year in a European cup they get kicked out in the first round...
I for one certainly don't want to see Boskovic go..he's too young and will finish like one of the many talents that left our country too early (Ognjenovic, Ciric, Tomic,Isailovic..)
Even Stankovic, who even though he is going through a crisis still is one of the best talents to come out of our country in 20 years, after 2 years hasn't got a reserved spot in the starting line up...think about that..

G

·
0 Posts
Unlike you red star forever, I'm not expecting European succsess from my club. A Champions League spot would be enough...

And if Kezman goes, Partizan would get quite a good amount of $$$ to get great new players, and that brings me to another point...

Why do our clubs not buy great, talented players form Africa, Asia or even South America. I know you think why would anybody come to Yugo to play their football, but why not? I mean Yugoslavia is better of the most African countrys and also some Asian and South & Central American nations...we could get these players in, and when they become stars sell them to the bigger European clubs form England, Spain, Italy, Holland... :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard about that news, and I got excited also, not only because I'm a fan of Yugo football, but because I support Milan too. I'd rather see Kezman in the attack than some pseudo stars. And may be Branko should stay in Zvezda for one more season, you are right he is too young. Anyway, players like Stankovic and Ognjenovic will succeed in Europe don't worry as will Mateja.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Yes, and then they sell those great players to buy other great players and then of course sell those to buy another "package" and in the meantime you'll keep on getting humiliated in Europe, it's a neverending cycle.. :(
About that idea of buying African players, it isn't bad but do our clubs have the money to send scouts over Africa, and I really think that those players wouldn't be that cheap anymore since a great number of them are going to rich European clubs and don't you doubt it, they get paid much better than our clubs will ever afford...
I think the best way is to keep our own talents, but really KEEP them and let them play together for a couple of years, and when they achieve some success in Europe the money will come by itself..

G

·
0 Posts
I agree with you there RS Forever, but how the heck do we stop players refusing multi-milion dollar deals, to play for a big club in a rich country? :(

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
By signing 6 year contracts with them when they're 17 or 18, but I'm hoping that the examples from the last couple of years(which I have mentioned) will teach our present players a lesson and that they themselves will be wise enough to realize that it is for their own good to stay in Yugoslavia and play another couple of years until they mature as players...

M

·
0 Posts
RS Forever I agree with you(first time ever)but what your saying is absoulutly correct if they want to play for zvezda or Partizan you have to stay a minimum of 5 or 6 years.It may take 3 or so seasons to see any improvement but you will see an improvemnt because our biggest problem is that our players dont play long enough together to get any sort of rythim going like Man Utd, they have been playing together for a few seasons know and they learnt to play together.But you see many times its the teams decision to sell the player and the player cant do anything about it.So how do we stop the clubs from selling our talents.I think there is no way.

D

·
0 Posts
Unless our league takes a dramatic turn for the better, I cannot agree that our players should stay. We have 3 quality teams in our league, and that's it. Teams that don't really compare to big clubs in Europe, and as our track record would show, teams that don't compare to mid sized clubs in Europe. My point is, if you have this brilliant talented player in your team, sure he will rock in your league if your league sucks. He will score heaps, and look brilliant, but that doesn't mean that he will be able to develop his game to reach superstar status, so it is in this case that I think he should be sold. Sold to not a big club (ie Ognjenovic to Real..umm hello, bench warmer no surprise) but to a small to mid sized club in a huge soccer country (Italy, Spain, England, Germany, France, Holland, Portugal---in that order) This way the player get's exposed to higher levels of competition than ever, and on a smaller team, he would have way more of an opportunity to play, to develop, to mature then to eventually be sold to a huge club. I think Kezman should go to like Udinese, or Bologna, some middle of the pack team where he will play a lot and against the best players in the world....
On the other hand, if we develop our league into something respectable, where we can secure our young talent, create 5-6 europe quality teams, with europe quality stadiums (not livade) with europe quality money, then the players should stay, dare I say they would want to stay. But for this to happen, a lot of different things must happen first, things that don't have anything to do with football.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts