Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kezman turns on Chelsea teammates after Man City blank
tribalfootball.com - February 8, 2005

Chelsea striker Mateja Kezman has turned on his teammates after drawing a blank against Manchester City on Sunday.

"I think I had a good game, worked hard for the team but I did not get enough balls," he said.

"Strikers need crosses and the players need to use me where I am best and that is in the box.

"I only had two crosses in the box all game. It was a difficult match for us but I will keep going."
www.tribalfootball.com

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I think this is the end of his career at Chelsea

Complaining about something like that and disrupting team harmony, something Mourinho will certainly take action against?

And missing an open goal? Not enough chances?

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
although am supportive of him, i think he will be loaned/sold in july...

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Eventhough, i had supported, even adored, Kezman for some 6 years now, he is just not good enough for Chelsea. He killed it for Partizan and absoloutly demolished it for PSV but that cannot continue in a stronger league due to his ability. He simply isn't good enough. Our only hope (Serbia) is the young forward, Vucinic, that plays in Lecce. He even out shone Bojinov this year. (Thats why i think it wasn't such a big deal for them to sell him to Fiorentia)

:)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I dont trust stories from that website. Even when the quote a player, the quotes are rarely found in any other media.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
vedz said:
Our only hope (Serbia) is the young forward, Vucinic, that plays in Lecce. He even out shone Bojinov this year. (Thats why i think it wasn't such a big deal for them to sell him to Fiorentia):)
Vučinić did't really outshone Bojinov, but that's not important. He's playing well and scoring, that's what matters. But to be honest, Vučinić is taking advantage of Zeman's mindless attacking tactic, he probably wouldn't score as many playing for another team.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Trust you voka to be so negative even about Vucinic.

Bad idea by Kezman but I think most Serbs know (except maybe the most hardcore Partizan fans) that other players like Vucinic, Ljuboja, Delibasic, Lazovic, Zigic all have a lot more potential than him.

He got to this level more through hard work than pure talent.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
like someone stated before if this is true then it will be the end of him at Chelsea

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
He did say that on ChelseaTV

But it's kinda true, Chelsea are not playing to his style. Nothing wrong with syaing that.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
If Kezman did say that then he's a goose,C'mon coming out and rubbishing your teammates like that is never a good thing.He should wake up to himself.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The headline assumes he is dumping on his teamates, when its not really the case. He is just asking for more support so he can contribute. I've seen him get the ball at 30 yards....what the hell he is gonna do from there? useless as RVN or Trez are from that plate. Of course he needs to pot the chances he gets also.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
He hasn't turned on his teammates at all. The name of the article is totally wrong with what it says in it.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Well the papers usually distort things,It's quite unusual for a player to say something like that.He may've said something like the boys tried but the ball just didn't arrive.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Like the chance he had yesterday for us against Bulgaria, missed from 5 yards out!! And as good as an open goal.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
Like the chance he had yesterday for us against Bulgaria, missed from 5 yards out!! And as good as an open goal.
Give the guy a break,He's virtually played a game for ages and is pretty rusty.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Kezman should and will leave at the end of the season. Even though he has not played in many games, I think chelski can do better provided the financial quality they've got :thumbsup:

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
No matter how rusty a player is, he should be able to score an open goal from 5 metres out. He has been missing way too many of there and although I love the guy for his commitment, work rate and mentality at the minute he is not performing well enough to even be considered for the NT. He is lucky however that our other strikers aren't scoring either or are in our league and so Kezman is picked higher.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts