Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key to beating Man U is not being afraid of them. They have a great midfield and with the form that Scholes is showing I actually rate him now.
Macca and Savio are the keys to try and get at Neville and Irwin who are nothing special.

Anelka could play a part but from the bench.

I hope that Carlos does not play as he should listen to his adviseres or he could do himself a serious injury.

Salgado should actually defend for once and rest of the defence should do what they always do, cross their fingers.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

D

·
0 Posts
We have to give Anelka this one chance. Manchester United is gonna want to score first but they would be thinking twice before attacking us cause they know Anelka's a threat on the counter. If we score first, they're gonna spend the rest of the game trying to outscore us, making Anelka all the more threatening.

Our wingbacks are gonna play a special role in this one (God, heal Roberto Carlos' knee, please). If they time they're runs well and make Man U's wingers defend instead of attack, then Man U are gonna have a really hard time scoring.

Our central defense need to win the aerial battles (our weakness) specially the crosses and corners. We should be specially wary of their set pieces from corners cause, if you remember last year's final...

X

·
0 Posts
man utd weaknes is the defence..only stam is hard to get through..but if real puts a strong and very quick man in front ..he'll have soe problems..
his partnership with sylvestre is very poor and raul should make the most of it..

also bosnich is in poor form this season..

but the most important man in manutd is roy keane..he's the dynamo in the team and without him man utd is nothing!!
forget about beckham...the key is to control roy keane!!!

G

·
0 Posts
This is the most important game of the season, united will be looking to score a hatfull incase madrid get their away goal...

United are unbeaten at Old Trafford for over a year and a half and are scoring goals for fun...

Goals come from anywhere Giggs, Becks, Scholes, Keane, Dwight and cole, our problems have been keeping clean sheets Anelks pace will be a problem but being at Home i see united pressure taking us thru 4-2..

COME ON YOU REDS

M

·
0 Posts
We cant just go there and play an all out defence strategy, we need to control the midfill in order to not let beckam and giggs do any damage from the wings.
I think Anelka should get a chance to prove himself in this game as this could be a match that fits his playing style.

LETS GO MADRID WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I find these comments quite surprising. IMO as little as possible should be changed from the game at the Bernabeu, because it proved a very good tactic. We outplayed Manure and this is the way to keep it up. I hope Roberto Carlos is capable of playing, because like I said only he will crush Beckham, completely neutralize him, and that is very important. The other thing is not to play Nicola$ Anelka. So what he got us the penalty on saturday! I don't know how many of you saw that situation, but an in form Nic would have put that away and not dived - yes! he actually dived. So pathetic in a one on one with the goalie :( :( :(

Ou formation should be the same as two weeks ago, only change could be...nah! Don't change anything.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is that Man U are playing at home and will be a lot better.
R Carlos should not play as he has an injury and has been advised to stay out for a month. I would rather that he doesn't play and we go out than him playing and really doing himself a lot of damage.

About the Anelka incident - I thought it was a pen but he did make a meal of it. I also thought that the Zaragoza team should be cautioned for their protests. (I had a heart attack as I thought the ref would change his mind).

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
PLEASE Real, beat the crap outta ManUre! They mustn't win another CL, they're unbearable enough as it is!
How to do it is more tricky though..
I must say I agree with Labas. At the Bernabeu you outplayed them in every position. RC made a tasty snack out of Beckham on the wing. (He really shouldn't be pressured into playing if he's not fit)
United are in top form right now but if Real gets the first goal it's your game I'm sure.
What bothers me is that your defence will run into trouble if ManU starts pumping in crosses into the box.
But you can do it! GO REAL! Ass whoop ManU home and away!!!!!!

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

E

·
0 Posts
Only way, cut through Beckham's flank, Closed down Scholes(man U most dangerous man). Take lots and lots of long shots at both sides of the posts(need not to care, if Man U goalkeeper is there)English goalkeepers are not as strong as the 80's, 70's . Handling is very poor, cannot catch the ball properly!!!
Giggs??? just send someone dazzle through his side, He cannot tackle and defence as good(not even half as good) as his attack.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I found in Valencia board, they also talking about how to defeat MU. They gave some good points.
>MU's defence is slow, in sum, 3 crap+Stam, so that they afaird of speedy forwards, such as Anelka. Yet problem is no one knows how to coordinate with him well except Raul and Guti sometimes.
>Wingers are their most dangerous part. Carlos can stop Beckham. We all knew that's true. But he is doubtful whether can play, so that we must stop Keane's pass to Beckham.
>Starting the attack from center. When we go over Stam, we almost face empty gate. To make them put the strength to central field and cleave their wings.
>left deffender is one of their weak places...

Also, I think the first round's foramtion is mighty, just keep it. Anelka will be the sub of Mori, our secret weapon...

D

·
0 Posts
We can't count on Guti against Manchester. He didn't even travel with the squad cause he's still injured.

These injuries have really been our achilles heel all season. Guti's unable to play in either match against Man U and Roberto Carlos, whom many say was our best player in the first leg, is doubtful. If he plays tomorrow, we all know he's forcing it. :(

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Roberto Carlos will play, according to Daily Soccer. Believe me he's fit; it's another one of those smoke screens del bosque keeps setting up. We can do it, but we have to get a goal early!

G

·
0 Posts
You all asume its so easy to stop beckham playing watch and learn how great Becks is on wednesday he dosnt have to beat a player hes so accurate with his delivery..

Scholes , giggs and keane all capable goal scorers and all good tackling back they work well as a team to defend, unlike real who are all individuals..

Stam is a rock, silvestre may play he has the pace to fend of anelka...

looking forward to wiping the floor with you lot i think youll score but its united 4-2

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The left defender spot is a weakness? Who told you that? Irwin is there and over the last 10 years has been the most consistent defender in the EPL. Macca will still skin him though but my message is that Salgado must do his defensive duties. If he does not then Giggs, now he is fully fit will tear us apart.

The key is to attack them with the midfield and R Carlos if fit. Bring on Anelka with 30 mins to go if all is well and sit back and laugh.

One thing to remember with Stam is he is clumsy so if Savio, Raul, Mori and Macca get near him they should push the ball past him (Stam is slow on the turn) and hope that he will get himself booked early on.

Keane will have a good game and there is no stoping it but pressurize Scholes. Don't give him time to shoot as he will punish.

Here's a revalation that Real also seemed not to know in the Zara game - if you shoot it is liklier that you will score. They have dodgy keepers and Bosnich was just lucky last time.

We also need the commited but sensible Campo to turn up tonight. Let's all hope that the clumsy fool that is likely to appear in Campo does not.

Casillas needs protection from Beckham crosses so Carlos and Savio will need to do a little defending together.
Also I don't think that it is necessary to warn anyone about giving free-kicks near the box.

We can do it.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Geff! I'm just wondering if you saw te game in Madrid two weeks ago. Roberto Carlos destroyed Bex then and he will do it again tomorrow permitting his injurey leet's him play 100%. Our only problem is seriously the center - Keane and Redondo. i pointed this out before the game in madrid, but our Redondo really had a great night then. But I wouldn't count on it happening twice :(

About Stam: He is a player of whom RAUL in my opinion can take great advantage of. Our Raul has amazing agility and that will prove a big plus, when he takes on the Dutchman. IMO Silvestre is absolute crap, so if he starts I'll be even more confidant of getting a good result. But we can't atke anything for granted. i won't put my money on sayin Campo-Karanka is a better pair then Stam-Silvestre(Berg). We have to be soluid at the back and not let a goal drop in right at the start. If we lose a goal quick our team will beak down like they did in Muchen. Got forbid the referee(pierluigi Colina incidentalY) making a mistake like the one in that game :(

G

·
0 Posts
Labas i saw the game but tonight will be uniteds game with home advantage, becks will show what class he really is, a long with giggs, i just hope united show real what they are capable of after the ****e performance we put up in madrid....

At the end of the day theyre both great teams and can potentially beat anyone on their day..its just whos' day will it be..???

should be a cracker

S

·
0 Posts
lets win this match!!!!

I am a member of another board(http://www.worldsoccerboard.com) so I am not posting very much here.
I like it because there is Bosnian forum too and all members have more freedom
I am moderator of Real Madrid there.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
As the moderator i have to ask waht does that forum that ours doesn't have? What should we introduce Sergio? And please don't make a anti-post here, or we'll lose all our subscribers :( Seriously it would be nice if you informed us what changes should be introduced and I'll pass them along to Jan...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts