Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I'm not putting this in the rumours thread is because it is so big, IMO it deserves its own thread. :D

This is on the newswires at the moment:

Dutch international Kevin Hofland says he will consider a move to Premiership champions Arsenal.

PSV Eindhoven's Hofland is rated as one of the best defenders in Europe and has attracted interest from Arsenal and Manchester United.

But discussions about a fee seem to have taken place between the London club in their attempts to bring the 23-year-old to Highbury.

"There hasn't been more contact between Arsenal and PSV and between Arsenal and my agent other than the question about the transfer money," Hofland told the L1 television station.

"Arsenal are one of Europe's top clubs and I have told PSV that if a top club wanted me that I will think about a transfer."

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hofland had a poor season last season compared to the high standards he has set with previous seasons and international football, but if he came to Arsenal he would blossom under Wenger and he will form a rock solid partnership with the 'Rock' himself. It would be a great buy for Arsenal and I really hope it goes through.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It is definately a good news.
I think the problem is only his price. But still, PSV would not ask for crazy price if he had poor performance last season.

We have a better chance than MU of signing him, coz he has his buddies in Highbury. It would make easier for him to settle.

H

·
0 Posts
yeah,giovanni van bronckhorst and dennis bergkamp will ensure that.He knows that Arsenal is the best english team,they never lost a game away.That shows their quality and depth.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Considered it done...

Arsene has to prove that he is serious of making Arsenal the team of the millenium... By bringing in players like Hofland Nakata and Bommel... It not only strengthens the squad depth but it shows a form of security to other players that Arsenal is a Big club like anyone else. We have so many players retiring in a couple of years time... It will be a worrying situation if Arsene does'nt get the team to communicate well among themselves if he doesn't start from now!

I strongly support the move!

H

·
0 Posts
Another problem is the no. of strikers.We have 6 quality strikers,Bergkamp,Wiltord,Jeffers,Henry,Kanu and Aliardere.We need to sell some of them preferably Kanu.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Kevin Hofland: Arsenal want me!
and you want arsenal!
jhaha
well it seems like it!!
be so happy if he comes
maybe he can bring along van bommal!
the more the merrier
i heard both of them could come for 23-25million!

Another problem is the no. of strikers.We have 6 quality strikers,Bergkamp,Wiltord,Jeffers,Henry,Kanu and Aliardere.We need to sell some of them preferably Kanu.
really think kanu and wiltord will be the ones going.
not so much wiltord
but i think kanu

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
more and more hofland ruomours out
i think the move will be announced after the world cup most likely

H

·
0 Posts
Why can't they discuss the transfer now since Van Bommel and Hofland are not involved in the WC.

·
Registered
270 Posts
A problem with Hofland, is that he is so pure 100% left-footed. His passing and (worse) his defending on his right side is very weak. In the Dutch league this is not a big problem, but I wonder how this will work on a higher level...

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eddy Fräser said:
A problem with Hofland, is that he is so pure 100% left-footed.
This is not such a problem. Arsene has always said that he prefers to have an equal division of left and right footed players in the team - it provides a better balance.

Sol is right-footed and plays on the right of central defence. Kevin would play on the left. It would work perfectly.

·
Registered
270 Posts
GarethUK said:

This is not such a problem. Arsene has always said that he prefers to have an equal division of left and right footed players in the team - it provides a better balance.

Sol is right-footed and plays on the right of central defence. Kevin would play on the left. It would work perfectly.
I mean, that in a one-on-one situation, he is easily passable on his right side...

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i dont think its much of a big deal. he can still play very well. i think silvinho was only left footed or something?
and wiltord is very able with both of his feet when you see him play. always uses only one of them to dribble and turn.

i cant think why they cant sign hofland now. maybe no one will take much notice? i am pretty sure it will happen after world cup and not during it.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're desperate for this signing aren't you Swift!! :D

I hope he signs as well, but I don't mind waiting until after the WC :D ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts