Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Well.. I saw this guy in a game last year, really didn't pay attention to the game - but this young blonde caught my eyes with his speed, trickry and passing. well some time passed and I totally forgot about him.. but I just happened to watch a game of his team and the first game of the season(KRC Genk) and just seen how much better he has gotten and how he improoved, and just loved what I saw from him in the other 2 games...after todays game I just had to make him a thread.

He's a 18 year old(in about 40 minutes he's 19) attacking midfielder, whos usually playing more on the left-side comming inside with his right foot although he's very versetile and can play all attacking positions... he has very good pace, great vision and passing ability, lots of creativity and trickry - goes at players and dribbles past them with ease in a simple fake or trick, and always trying to do positive and create for himself or his friends.

He also has just a rocket of a right foot, with such accurasy and power that it's amazing from almost any range.

He started this season with a bang, with 3 goals in 3 games, 2 of them today, as Genk leads the Belgium league with 9 points and +10 goal diffrence.

He won't be staying at Genk for long thats for sure, and he had lots of intrest from the Belgium powerhouses such as Anderlect and Standart and also from Everton..but this guy is defenetly someone to keep a very close eye on.. he's gonna be huge, as the title says, one of many supertalents growing in Belgium.. they're up for a very bright golden age.

3QJYJYt2hEc

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
His best attributes are his shooting and passing, think he'll turn out decent but not a supertalent. Although Milan and Man City scouted him thursday vs Porto so who knows.

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
According to De Bruyne himself, negotiations with Chelsea are going well and chances are good he'll soon sign for them. He'd stay in Genk on loan for another season though.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
From the 4-5 match on Saturday between Club Brügge and Genk.

xCjXEp0lyIo

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
Genk statement saying he'll sign for Chelsea this week but will stay on loan in Belgium until the end of the season.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Officialy moved to Chelsea for around 9.5 milion euros, and he'll stay at Genk on loan and I gather he might even move on loan to another better team next year before joining Chelsea.

Been a bit dissapointed with him at times to be frank, showed some bad attitude imo at times although I haven't followed him weekly.. understandable though when for so long you got a massive club knocking on your door, it affects alot of people.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Saw it myself as well, Yashimi. Pretty damn impressive game.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
zoric, do you want him loaned next season like Courtois? It's pretty sure Chelsea will send him on loan next season.

Extremely high hopes for the belgians at Chelsea.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You'd be wiser to loan him to an EPL team imo.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rumored with a 60 million euro move to Bayern in the summer.

Really proud of him for forcing to go to Wolfsburg and prove himself, even if taking a 'step back' in terms of the quality of the team.

The move to a powerhouse club is now definitely justified and he'll prolly be Bayern's catalyst for a quite a while, if the move does go through.

Kid's just a special player. His progress has been immense.

·
Banned
863 Posts
Can't say that KDB was given a fair crack of the whip at Chelsea. He returned after a promising loan spell, one of Chelsea's best pre-season performers, MOTM debut, ... yet after the MUFC match his chances were limited ... more time on the pitch was promised but not given ... KDB and Hazard could have worked out well for Chelsea but hey-ho.

So far KDB has provided 24 assists

- 16 in 26 Bundesliga matches (and 9 goals)
- 2 in 3 DFB-Pokal matches
- 5 in 10 Europa League matches (and 5 goals)
... and 1 in 3 EURO2016 Qs (and 2 goals)

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what's the opnion about him moving to City?

I guess the price-tag he'll come with will make sure he won't be another Nasri and fall between the lines - but he's just a better and much more influential player then the Frenchman so I guess that's not a real concern.

If reports are true he's about to become the most expensive EPL transfer ever.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
I don't think it would be more expensive than Di Maria to United would it?

I guess the only concern would be whether he and Silva will step up each other's toes.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seems on the verge of signing with City for 80 million euro, not including add-ons that could take it close to 90.

Crazy sums of money.

·
Banned
863 Posts
"It's not about money. Man Utd offered more money, they're desperate to make a statement. Man City did things properly." - Kevin De Bruyne.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Silva on the right, Sterling on the left.

In fairness we had to pay whatever it took to get him in. We've sold Jovetic and Dzeko basically on the understanding KdB is joining, and changed our system based on that. We only have Aguero, Bony and Kelechi up front now, so we needed a stellar attacking midfielder. This should relieve some of the pressure on Silva to be the creative focus of the team. Nasri is too unreliable, when we win the league it is when Nasri plays well. Silva plays well every season, but he cannot carry the team, De Bruyne is there to share the load.

Sterling and Silva currently are linking fantastically.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts