Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
The Juve players and management should read the rules. No way in hell the last minute incident was a deliberate handball - so no penalty.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Why is the whole Juve organization crying murder? They are not used to half calls going their way that it feels like a robbery for them?

I thought it was common knowledge that it is not a foul if the ball hit the arm after deflecting from other part of the body as it is almost impossible to do that intentionally.

Was it deliberate?

This is where the handball rule gets misinterpreted. For a handball infraction to be called, a player must deliberately handle the ball with their hand or arm. A referee must determine if the player intentionally handled the ball. Nowhere in the FIFA Laws of the Game does it state that an unintentional handling of the ball is an infraction. So if a player has their back turned to a crossed ball that hits their hand, there is good reason to believe that it is not a handball. Even if a player gains an advantage after touching the ball with their hand, it is not a handball if the handling was unintentional.

The interpretation of FIFA Law 12 tells referees to consider a few things when determining handball infractions. First, the movement of the hand is considered. If the hand moved to the ball, then the handling of the ball is most likely intentional. But if the ball moved to the hand, it may not be intentional. Second, the distance of the player to the ball is considered. A handball that occurred from a ball played close is unexpected and most likely unintentional. But when a ball is played from far away, a player has time to anticipate the ball and avoid handling it with their arm or hand. Finally, the position of the hand is considered. Touching the ball with an arm that is hanging away from the body is not necessarily an infraction. Once again, the handling of the ball must be intentional.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ycn-8987393

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
Wow...Roma fans talking about Juventini being cry babies...and a Napoli fan opens the thread. It seems you forgot who the crybabies were after the Supercoppa, huh? ;)

Oh the irony! :howler:

Keep it up guys, this is pure entertainment. :D

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow...Roma fans talking about Juventini being cry babies...and a Napoli fan opens the thread. It seems the Supercoppa still hurts, eh? ;)

If we wanted to see butt hurt we would go to the Juve forum after today. :rimshot:

And Marotta saying a ref from Napoli shouldn't ref Juve games? :shakepalm:
:drunk:

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow...Roma fans talking about Juventini being cry babies...and a Napoli fan opens the thread. It seems the Supercoppa still hurts, eh? ;)

If we wanted to see butt hurt we would go to the Juve forum after today. :rimshot:

And Marotta saying a ref from Napoli shouldn't ref Juve games? :shakepalm:
:drunk:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
what the rule says is about Intentional or Unintentional.

Most of penalties are Unintentinonal. Why do refs give them. Hand to ball or ball to hand. Hands out.. means they are given. Almost all.

Juve got screwed by refs and they make refs do it. They want to in the victim club for once. Whatever comes next year or the next ten years... they can say 'see we were also screwed... seee'

The table shows that they can play a reverse trick once in 20 years.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
I thought it was a PK and was shocked when it wasnt called...especially since the match was in Turin. I think its clear the defender didnt deliberately play the ball with his hand but the fact is he put himself in position where his stretch to clear the ball resulted in him barely getting a touch on the ball and him stopping it with his hand. I say this regardless of the result and other incidents in the game. We all know the refs make calls on a game by game basis with no real consistency. Something like this will happen next week and it'll be a PK.

·
Oje vita mia...
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought it was a PK and was shocked when it wasnt called...especially since the match was in Turin. I think its clear the defender didnt deliberately play the ball with his hand but the fact is he put himself in position where his stretch to clear the ball resulted in him barely getting a touch on the ball and him stopping it with his hand. I say this regardless of the result and other incidents in the game. We all know the refs make calls on a game by game basis with no real consistency. Something like this will happen next week and it'll be a PK.
Even so we have a CLEAR PK that wasn't given to Genoa. They shouldn't be crying. :sob::wee:

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Granqvist should be investigated by FIGC/Lega or whatever. Own goal and a handball, hmmm... looks like he was trying too hard.. might be the new Masiello.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
I don't understand how can people keep saying they think it's a penalty when the rules are right here to read.

My mind is blown.

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
Chiellini and Conte have both publicly apologized via their social media pages. The matter is behind us. Unlike drama queens (Allegri) we wont cry Il Gol di Muntari for the next six months. (in our case Il mano di Granqvist)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts