Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we can say so with certain nominee now.

he won 2 states in the south last nite with big margins.

clark dropped out
so really only delusional dean and edwards are left

thoughts? comments?

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its true :)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i agree

at first i liked him cuase i though a general would pull in lots of republicans and independents, but a terrible speaker, and not good at campaining.

but he would of continued clintos policys and that i felt was better for country then the bush plan.

really i have no preference among any of the candidates.
they all have thier faults and i have yet to hear something that incites me to work on their campaign.

though my policy is ABB

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It's going to be Bush vs Kerry in November... well, actually within a few weeks. Dean and Edwards are just opening acts for the main attraction, Kerry; Kucinich and Sharpton never stood a chance, and everyone else has dropped out.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I just can`t take this guy seriously. Bush must be delighted that the Democrats can`t find a more credible opponent for him than this.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Lav, in the end, why don't you just go out and vote for the Green Party? They should have a candidate come election time...:D

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
He seems to change his mind about things a lot, in an effor to appeal to voters on both sides. Problem with this is that he comes across as lacking conviction and not being sincere. Nobody wants a president that bases his views on the latest poll results.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Problem with this is that he comes across as lacking conviction and not being sincere.
Ugh. We can't have that. Actually lacking conviction and being insincere is fine, but you can't come across as being that way. That's crossing the line.

There's hope yet, with 10 months to go, he can get a damn good speech/communication coach.

Democracy is wonderful.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Purple Floyd said:
I just can`t take this guy seriously. Bush must be delighted that the Democrats can`t find a more credible opponent for him than this.
actually kerry is much more credible then bush

and if bush wasnt an incumbent kerry would hammer him in an election.

bush should be very worried

the republicans tried to blast him in 96 senate campaign but kerry came back 6% points in the last few weeks and won by 8%.

and they used all the same stuff.

i actaully think bush is the one who is worried here

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think Bush has much more of a problem with credibility than Kerry. Not only will Bush have to answer to the question of whether or not he misled the American public by using inteligence he did or didn't know was faulty, but he is now having to answer the questions about his military status during Vietnam. This White House has a huge credibility issue.
Kerry, on the other hand, may have to answer some questions about his votes for the war and the 87bil., but he can easily defend those by placing the blame on Bush's faulty inteligence.
Bush is gonna be one-and-done, just like his daddy.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
i read somewhere recently that Kerry is the senator or congressman that has taken the greatest amount of financial contributions from business interests and pressure groups over the last decade or so....that must take some doing!

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
I actually follow politics (I know its sad) and I cannot say that I can point to one thing the guy's ever done. Perhaps people who live in his area of representation might be more familiar with him, but I am racking my brain to think of a bill or proposal he's authored or co-authored. Other than the whole Vietnam thing, which was like 32 years ago, I just cannot think of anything he's ever done. Except run for the nomination, of course. And take the special interest money. Oh yeah, and according to the Enquirer with I was reading in line at the supermarket, bagging some big 80s names like Morgan "Flamingo Road" Fairchild and Catherine "I WAS on Dynasty" Oxenburg. ;)

He is a terrible speaker (but then its not like Bush or the other Bush were Willaim Jennings Bryant making the Cross of Gold speech), reminiscent of ol' Mike Dukakis (I supose its the Massachussets accent). Plus he's got lousy speech-writers. Edwards, for all his Keane child looks and Southerness is a much better speaker--having been a trial lawyer he'd best be good with his voice--and acctually has some good ideas and plans. But I suppose by the time we get to the California primary it'll be all over but for the shouting--again! They oughta push our primary up to the first week of February.

RIO

·
Registered
395 Posts
Whether or not Kerry is a great speaker or an interesting politician is besides the point. The 2004 election is going to be more of a referendum on Bush than a two-person election. People are going to vote, or not vote, for Kerry based on their feelings towards Bush, not vce-versa.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fangul,

nice to know u take waht the enquirer says to heart.
as for bush....he relased a report that doesnt say anything new....

and does anyone relaly think he went? common guys.....not a chance in hell.

rio,
i agree he hasnt done much, but then again, apart from ted kennedy and john mcain who does anything in the senate? Newt Gingrich did something and look wha thappened? the best senators dont do nothin ;) it the only way to get re-elected.

Aguante is the only one that gets it....this is the ABB campaign (ANYBODY BUT BUSH)....and thats kerrys appeal....taht ppl will vote for him over BUSH. the election is a referendum on Dubaya's performance.

·
Banned
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fangul, I guess its more important to you to know whether or not Kerry ****ed an intern than whether or not the President lied to the American people about a war that has now claimed the lives of more than 500 people.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts