Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as important as any signing we might make this summer, Keown has finally agreed and signed his 2-year deal.

I just couldnt imagine him playing for West Ham or someone...

·
Registered
886 Posts
It`s fantastic news. I think Keown is one of the best defenders in the world when he is in form. I don`t think Keown ever have understood the word pain and I`m sure all strikers in the league fears him like a beast.
I will buy an Arsenal shirt this seasone for the first time since the 97/98 shirt and I`ve been thinking about wich name I should have on the back and today I decied that it will be Keown. It was bettwen Keown, Cole and Pires but Keown is the man !

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It is great that Keown has finally signed the contract, but was their really any doubt? How can you go from winning the double with Arsenal and then go and play for Everton or Fulham. So with Campbell, Cygan, Keown, Upson we are well covered in the center back position.

Oleg Luzhny has also signed a new contract, it is not so great news, but I guess it is news so I thought I'll inform you about it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Oleg was never a great player but he will provide cover for Lauren who it now seems is our permanent RB.

I was just wondering........
We have a prob on the left side of mdifeild for teh start of the season how would this sound...

Play Upson at LB and move Cole forward into that Left midfeild berth as he is any way a very attacking player and could also move back to defend?

Any comments?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
finally he signed
we always knew he would
but new cygan and keown means no hofland
so i think the 2 signings will be van bommal and aghahowa

1 - 7 of 7 Posts