Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
23,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone play this game? If so, is it worth picking up?

·
Registered
44,805 Posts
Wow, that is ridiculous.

Looks really interesting...but it doesn't seem like my thing. While I don't mind a game that can go on endlessly, the lack of win conditions coupled with the massive time sink means I'm out.

Some people may be turned off by permadeath. It's not a dealbreaker since the game seems to be more about building a large group of units (like an RTS) rather than specific important individuals.

·
Registered
44,805 Posts
Btw, can you ask Angry Joe to play this and then kill his team?

Weregonnalose made the guy legit rage and it was glorious.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, that is ridiculous.

Looks really interesting...but it doesn't seem like my thing. While I don't mind a game that can go on endlessly, the lack of win conditions coupled with the massive time sink means I'm out.

Some people may be turned off by permadeath. It's not a dealbreaker since the game seems to be more about building a large group of units (like an RTS) rather than specific important individuals.
Yeah, it seems to be a bit like Mount & Blade in that regard. I suppose wiping out all of the other factions could be seen as the end goal. Otherwise you'd have to install mods to create a "purpose" with the game.

·
Registered
44,805 Posts
Have you played this?

This game probably deserves its own thread. Sounds spectacular but seems like it could be a supermassive black hole for your time. This review shows how mind-blowing this game is though...seems like the possibilities are endless:

·
Greta joke sharer
23,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you played this?

This game probably deserves its own thread. Sounds spectacular but seems like it could be a supermassive black hole for your time. This review shows how mind-blowing this game is though...seems like the possibilities are endless:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FW23bamIZI
I've seen that video, it seems hilarious but I'm not sure if I have the time or patience to play the game.

Neither the graphics nor the controls seem very intuitive, so I assume getting into the game takes quite some time. I also haven't been able to figure out if your fortress manages itself to some extent or if you have to micro manage everything yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts