Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Liverpoolfc.tv

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Kenny Dalglish today joked that he wished Robbie Fowler had never rejoined Liverpool from Manchester City in January.
The Kop legend was responding to newspaper reports this morning that he'd be making a congratulatory telephone call to Fowler after the current Reds striker overtook him as the club's fifth highest goalscorer on Saturday.

Speaking exclusively at the Liverpoolfc.tv offices earlier today, King Kenny's famous dry wit was evident as he told us: "I won't be ringing him. He's now scored more goals than me so I'm not talking to him. In fact, I wish he hadn't come back, who's bright idea was that?"

The esteemed former Liverpool player and manager then added, in a more serious tone: "Nah, it's a fantastic achievement for Robbie and I'm delighted for him, he's a great lad.

"Once he returned it was inevitable he was going to overtake me and I have no problems with that. It's not like I was the top scorer of all-time. That title belongs to Rushie and he'll take some beating."

Is he just joking around? :googly: can't tell if he is seriously dissapointed Fowler overtook him to be fifth top LFC scorer... :)

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
--o_O--> ouch! said:
Liverpoolfc.tv

Kenny Dalglish today joked that he wished Robbie Fowler had never rejoined Liverpool from Manchester City in January.
The Kop legend was responding to newspaper reports this morning that he'd be making a congratulatory telephone call to Fowler after the current Reds striker overtook him as the club's fifth highest goalscorer on Saturday.

Speaking exclusively at the Liverpoolfc.tv offices earlier today, King Kenny's famous dry wit was evident as he told us: "I won't be ringing him. He's now scored more goals than me so I'm not talking to him. In fact, I wish he hadn't come back, who's bright idea was that?"

The esteemed former Liverpool player and manager then added, in a more serious tone: "Nah, it's a fantastic achievement for Robbie and I'm delighted for him, he's a great lad.

"Once he returned it was inevitable he was going to overtake me and I have no problems with that. It's not like I was the top scorer of all-time. That title belongs to Rushie and he'll take some beating."

Is he just joking around? :googly: can't tell if he is seriously dissapointed Fowler overtook him to be fifth top LFC scorer... :)
C'mon lad your cant be that fickle, read the article again :)

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I finally get it ok :tongue: just joking around :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
You never know!! I believe anything can happen after Fowlers return :)

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
--o_O--> ouch! said:
Liverpoolfc.tv

hmm

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's Kenny's style, typical Glaswegian, with a very dry sense of humour, a lot like scousers. :)

As for Fowler breaking Kenny's record, good on him, that's what he's there for.

Imagine how many Fowler would have for Liverpool if he hadn't had the injuries!!! :dazed: :dazed: :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts