Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kelly confirms Celtic testimonial

Peter Ridsdale as acclaimed Gary Kelly's decision to follow Niall Quinn's lead by donating the proceeds of his Testimonial tussle with Celtic to cancer research,

"Gary is an outstanding footballer who has played for Leeds for over ten years and is also an established Irish international. Football consistently gets a lot of bad press but this is a good news story and I'm delighted to announce that as part of Gary's testimonial we can announce this match against Glasgow Celtic."

Kelly was delighted to hear that his request to Parkhead had been granted: "It's great that the game is against Celtic who I supported as a boy and I just hope that the fans of Leeds and Celtic come along and support us on the night."

"It was always in my mind to stay at Leeds as long as I could and the club have been brilliant in granting me this testimonial.

"As a lot of people know I lost my sister to cancer a few years ago and this is a nice tribute to her and a small way of hopefully finding a way to find a cure for the disease

"I'd also like to thank Niall for his support and advice, he's been brilliant. I must also thank the manager of Celtic, Martin O'Neill.

-------------------------

Thats nice, another fine Irish lad. And what a great match, Leeds vs Celtic, should be very entertaining. Here's to you Gary!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah, I posted an artice about this in the Leeds Forum. Good on ya Gary! A real champ for Club and Country...:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts