Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty cool isn`t it. She is 11 years old, and in Pyeongchang 2018, we can say that our biggest (and maybe only) hope for medal has been many years basic school student.
In january he beaten several Free-style skiers who participated in Sochi olympic!
http://www.youtube.com/user/sildaru

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
I hope she and her family ignores all this bullshit talk about the Olympics. I can already see this success-starved country putting unrealistic hopes on her regarding the Olympics. While in reality for freestylers is just one competition among many. X Games is where it's at, takes place every year too so anybody who's really good should succeed there at some point.

And it's a bit scary that so much talk and expectations about such a young athlete, even in mass media now. But it's cool what their family has done, I watched the docu in Eesti Lood and they're a bit like the Kostelic family, a father with his two kids traveling around, living in the sport and creating great opportunities for them. Both Kelly and her brother seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts