Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gullits appointment couldn't convince him. It's now official, Kees Van Wonderen will be playing his last season at the club after 9 years in Rotterdam :(

He has been a great servant to the club. First coming here as a midfielder from NAC, then transforming into probably Feyenoords most important defender in the last few seasons. Kees also has 5 caps for Holland.

He imo has chosen the right time to retire since he has shown some signs here and there that his legs may have gone and he has injury problems but he still is one of Feyenoords betters though (tells you how bad some are :eek: ) but I don't want to remember him like Frank de Boer will now if he continues for too long :eek:

Kees will be dearly missed and we'll definitely have to get 2 new central defenders in the squad since I expect Gerard de Nooijer to also retire soon and Van der Berg to probably go to Excelsior or some club like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
he's been a great servant to feyenoord, but his time is well up by now. perhaps his retirement is overdue, coz it says more about the lack of quality in the feyenoord team then what a great player van wonderen is when he's still playing in the starting line-up and is a key player at the age of 35.
all the best to him though in his future endeavours :)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Great servant to his club. Was for many years a very ordinary player, but then then suddenly made it to the Dutch national team.
I think he was even invited to return to the Dutch side just this year, but declined Advocaat.
But at 35, I think it's a smart decision to call it a day.

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:howler:

but more importantly...

Van Wonderen wordt scout voor eerste elftal

BRON: Algemeen Dagblad

Kees van Wonderen zal voor de rest van het seizoen naast zijn rol als trainer van de B1 scouting voor versterking van het eerste elftal op zich nemen. Hij neemt daarmee een deel van de taken van Mark Wotte op zich. Hij zal rapporteren aan hoofdscout Beukers. Van Wonderen bevestigt dit in het Algemeen Dagblad. Van Wonderen zal aan het einde van het seizoen stoppen als trainer, omdat hij daarin geen toekomst voor zich ziet weggelegd. Hij wil nu ervaren of hij een rol als scout voor Feyenoord wel ziet zitten.

good old Keesie :thumbsup: probably the most underrated player we've had in the last decade. Really noticed how long it's taken for our defence to have any sort of shape or form since he's left.

Hopefully he'll have found his rhytmn better in this task. He'll be scouting for players for next season almost for sure as Chris Woerts said in this weeks sportweek that even if we sell Loovens, Ono and Jaja in the winterbreak, the money will be almost surely be spent in the summer at the earliest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts