Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All our goalies are having a hrad time these days, from Cavallero to Saja (who once they said to be our best), Saja joined Brescia but he failed a big time there, now he plays in Spain with Valladolid and I dont expect alot from him. Burgos and Cavallero are not better than Saja, even they are worse, each of them recevied a dozen of goals this season and most of the time they are on the bench lately. Also Roa and Bonano are not doing great. I didnt hear about Franco but I think he is best of them in Spain.:rollani:

Only Abbondanzieri deserves to wear the Arg colors.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Well last year Cavellero was the best goalie in la liga, he conceded the least amount of goals. This season his team Celta have been awful and like the rest of his teammates, he has to share the blame for their poor performances.

Leo Franco of Mallorca was very impressive over the past two years in Spain but his form has dipped this season.

Saja, too early to tell still. I really like Caballero (goalkeeper in the olympic qualifiers) and of course Abbondanzieri

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Abbondanzieri should be given the chance this time.

Costanzo should realize that he is a GK not a defender:rolleyes:, I dont know why he go few steps from his goal...

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
El Pato won a survery made by clarin for the NT GK position, Abbondanzieri got 7,395 votes. Cavallero had 2,015 votes while Saja got 1,982 then came Costanzo with 1,961 votes.

Thats interesting, maybe 10 days ago Abbondanzieri declared thats his aim in 2004 to win a call from Bielsa, also he said that he can be good enough for the WC 2006. Now comes the fans and they said their word, I hope Bielsa will listen to them.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Sounds like u r describing all of River's goalies..That does not at all sound lke Abbondanzieri.

Loco said:
Abbondanzieri is all media hype. He has slow reflexes and often finds himself out of possition.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
czar said:
Well last year Cavellero was the best goalie in la liga, he conceded the least amount of goals. This season his team Celta have been awful and like the rest of his teammates, he has to share the blame for their poor performances.

Leo Franco of Mallorca was very impressive over the past two years in Spain but his form has dipped this season.

Saja, too early to tell still. I really like Caballero (goalkeeper in the olympic qualifiers) and of course Abbondanzieri
The problem with Cavellero is that he doesn't get to play as regulary as he's used to. Their coach is playing diffrent keepers depending on if it's a cup or the league. Very questionable if you ask me.

Franco has been awfull. And now I'm being friendly...

Bonano has been playing very well for Murcia and is proberly their best and most important player.

I'm intressted in Saja. I think he can develop into the best argentine keeper in la Liga. He just needs time to addapt to Europe. A keeper doesn't turn bad over night.

Abbondanzieri is good and I'm found of him, but I doubt that he's the best suited one for the NT. I won't even comment Costanzo...:rolleyes: :tongue: ;)

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Everyone knows that the best Argentine keeper is Angel Comizzo, tho some may argue that he's too old. If age is the issue here, we shouldn't go for an old fossil.

Now, out of all the keepers that were mentioned (Abbondanzieri, Cavallero, Franco, Constanzo, and Saja) Abbondanzieri is the oldest (31) which doesn't bother me at all. What bothes me is his lack of talent and poor possitioning, specially on conrner kicks.

He's all hype. Why won't you bosteros get it thru your thick skulls?

PS - Saja plays for Rayo Vallecano, one of the worse teams in the Spanish 2nd Div. He's certainly not a choice for our NT.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lucifuga said:
Where is Bonano at the moment?
He plays with Real Murcia.

Even us cant agree on any of those names:rolleyes: But I will stuck with El Pato, he has been great in Liberta and also against AC:stuckup:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok lets get it back since its an important thing, at least for me.
In Ole's poll (these days) I saw GK named Montoya leading the names for NT GK position!!! I would like who is this guy, where he plays and how old is he?????

Roberto Abbondanzieri (844)
29.4%

Pablo Cavallero (62)
2.2%

Franco Costanzo (374)
13%

Leonardo Franco (49)
1.7%

Carlos Navarro Montoya (962)
33.4%

Juan Carlos Olave (342)
11.9%

Otro (242)
8.4%

Its interesting to see un-known name to lead his poll!!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Forget Pato Abbondancieri. He's a good keeper but remember he has had years and years to develop and is now at his peak. He won't be for too much longer and at 31 is too old to be considered Argentina's 1st choice. Would be a good squad member but that's it.

Costanzo IMO is the future of the NT. He could develop into a top keeper, along with Saja, if they both develop well enough. Those two are the main men as far as I am concerned. I hope Sebastian Saja gets a lucky break as far as his career goes also, because he's a quality keeper

·
Registered
943 Posts
Delantero said:
Forget Pato Abbondancieri. He's a good keeper but remember he has had years and years to develop and is now at his peak. He won't be for too much longer and at 31 is too old to be considered Argentina's 1st choice.
So you never heard of Jorge Campos? :pp He's 37 and wants to play (at least) 3 more years. I think he's at Puebla at the moment and even a NT member.

31 isn't that much.

·
Registered
633 Posts
lucifuga said:
So you never heard of Jorge Campos? :pp He's 37 and wants to play (at least) 3 more years. I think he's at Puebla at the moment and even a NT member.

31 isn't that much.
For every Campos there is an Oli Kahn ;)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Batigol9 said:
Ok lets get it back since its an important thing, at least for me.
In Ole's poll (these days) I saw GK named Montoya leading the names for NT GK position!!! I would like who is this guy, where he plays and how old is he?????

Carlos Fernando Navarro Montoya, known as "el mono", is a former boca jrs. GK. he was a symbol of boca during his long time with the team. in fact, he is still a symbol for the xeneises. i cant remember exactly, but i think he played for us from 1988 to 1996.
he is an excellent GK, with some priviliged reflexes and a lot of talent.
so now you are wandering why the hell he was never called up to the NT???
very simple. he was born in Colombia. he nationalized argie but he had played two matchs with a youth NT of Colombia (U21 i think). Basile wanted to take him to the WC 1994, but FIFA didnt allowed him. He fight for several years against FIFA to let him play, but... you know how much FIFA likes Argentina.
according to him, FIFA has now given him the OK to play for the argie NT. Now with 38 years.
Now he is playing at independiente and he is performing very well, at the point that many people is asking him for the NT.
the bad thing is that at the time of the WC2006 he will be 40.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
batigold said:
He fight for several years against FIFA to let him play, but... you know how much FIFA likes Argentina.
That's because Grondona takes it up the rear from Blatter - which he enjoys.

About el Mono, well his career hilight is geting bit in the ass by a German Shepherd in the Libertadores Cup, when once again Boca tainted Argentine futbol.

No way no how Montoya will ever wear the albiceleste. Tho he may feel Argentine, he's not! Oh, did I mention that he's old and worthless?

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
jjajajjaa, Loco, you r hilarious.
Navarro Montoya by him self is way more talented than all the river plates gkeepers of the last years. pathetic.

but wait... angel david...:D

...comizzo, he had a really good last season with river.

:howler:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts