Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The South Korean keeper was off the line before the spanish guy made the run up the penalty should have been retaken shoking referrieing.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
REFS ARE A PURE JOKE!

Lav

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I just saw the replay of the game on Telefuturo here in NY and off the line?? The guy was at the top of the 6 meter line even before the Spanish player took the shot...unbelievable. That should have been a re-kick.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The keeper wasn't off line
He was too far from the line to be off line

This world cup has ended for me:mad:

I'm so happy they don't have tv on board aircrafts!!!!So there's no chance I'll see any more of this

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Just to add an argument in for the refferee.... The Spanish player taking the peno didn't have "one fluid motion" twards his strike of the shot. He hesitated for a second after begining his run. That is also breaking the "rules."

So what is the ref supposed to do? Give a retake to the Spanish player who also tried to cheat? It's all a part of the game for those who know... Everybody looks for advantages. The ref's job sucks.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Super Croat....you are 100% right. He did hesitate and not have one fluid motion...but, there was a Brazilian player that was a master at that and they never called a re-kick for him...Socrates. When he went to take a penalty, he would come up to the ball, raise his leg, and hesitate just slightly..nothing was ever called on him...

I guess both cheated...but I wonder what the rule would be in that situation though...goalie way out...player hesitates..is it a re-kick??

·
Registered
404 Posts
You guys shouldn't talk about hesitations ... Suker was in his own leauge when it came to hesitating while taking a penalty ;) :tongue:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'd say that even though the reffing has been dodgy in the World Cup, you have to appretiate how competitive it has become. Pretty much any team can beat any other team on any given day.

The technical ability's, physical game and tactic's of teams from Asia, Africa and the Concacaf have come a long way from the days when they didn't stand a chance in a game with European ccountry's and "the big two" from South America. The rest of the World seems to have caught up. The USA and Korea have played some very nice soccer in this WC. Most European teams have been very disapointing in their approach to these games and don't really deserve to have gone any farther than they have.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Il_Genio said:
You guys shouldn't talk about hesitations ... Suker was in his own leauge when it came to hesitating while taking a penalty ;) :tongue:
Suker hesistates in his run up, not the shot. He stutter steps his second stride, but moves fluidly when he strikes. The Spaniard stuttered while shooting, which isn't a big deal anyway, but could be called to be retaken.

The keeper was a meter out :rolleyes:

·
©
7,230 Posts
Super Croat...I think this is the first and only time I will say this but I agree.:tongue:

So I guess you do know more than just hating Dinamo.:tongue:

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
dinamo11 said:
Super Croat...I think this is the first and only time I will say this but I agree.:tongue:

So I guess you do know more than just hating Dinamo.:tongue:
JEBES DINAMO!

·
©
7,230 Posts
Man a few days ago I was watching a tape from 1990 which showed BBB cheering "Hajduk, Hajduk" and the Torcida were doing it the other way around.

Then you look at it now days and the fan's are killing each other.:(

I guess it was different back then because of obvious reasons but still...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I was at that game in 1990 in Split,but in the meantime Canjuga happened and I've lost my all respect for Dinamo.
Although,if Dinamo plays in EU I would cheer for them.
But then again,Canjuga,Caki>>>>>>>

1 - 20 of 48 Posts