Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keane - I love Leeds

Robbie Keane has vowed to fight for his place at Leeds United ad ignore the rising level of speculation which sees a move away from Elland Road as inevitable.

"I love Leeds, it's a good club, and I feel at home here. I've heard the speculation loads of times before. Every club I've been at in the last three or four years, after I've been there about six to eight months, there are rumours I'm going here, there and everywhere.

"But just to clarify, and get everything out of the way, I'm happy at Leeds. I've always said that, and I'm willing to keep fighting for my place. It's been a long time since I celebrated with a cartwheel after scoring a goal in the Premiership, and it was nice to get half an hour on the pitch," added Keane.

"I know I haven't started a game for a while, and I've not played as many matches as I would like to, but I'm not the manager so there's not a lot I can do about that. Of course there is frustration in not starting, particularly as I know I'm playing well for Ireland and playing well for Leeds when I come.

"Obviously, no-one wants to be on the bench. As a footballer you want to be playing football. That's your job, but the last couple of months I haven't been playing. But I feel good and I feel sharp, and I will just have to keep doing what I'm doing. Hopefully my goal yesterday, and what I did when I came on, will maybe get me a start."

----------------------------------

He's got sooo much talent he needs to start somewhere. And sometimes people CAN'T perform if they're just subbed in for 20 minutes or so. Well I hope for his sake that Leeds sells off some forwards and he can start next season, (I think he should start now but thats not going to happen) otherwise he should definetely leave. But the question is who is going to get sold? Will it be Keane himself? Who knows.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
hmm...i m still hoping that the spurs buy him... :D:D:D but seems unlikely though... :(

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
No way u guy's are getting him!!!:devil:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts