Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
I am totally shocked, and that's an understatement! :eek:

----------------------------

Team manager **** McCarthy announced at a news conference that the 30-year-old midfielder was a "disruptive influence", would be going home and would not take part in the World Cup

"I cannot and will not tolerate being spoken to with that level of abuse being thrown at me so I sent him home," McCarthy said. "I am sad to lose him. As a player his is absolutely brillant. He is one of the best in the world."

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Holy crap!

That can't be true, is it? What was Keane's problem?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here's how I could describe the situation (all of which is rumour and innuendo btw)

Keane has women trouble (rumours abound about all sorts of goings on but let us not go there)
He throws a load of wobblers starting at the airport, continuing on the training ground etc
The lads had a clear the air meeting this morning and he went off one one again saying he'd be better off at home
**** told him to bugger off home then, and the players burst into applause
FIFA wont replace him so we're a man down.

very Dutch

its like sept 11 all over again around here (and I am NOT kidding)
If I was Keane I would'nt be planning any trips home for a while.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Friggin skirt, the root of all evil.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
What, he wanted to bring his groupies to asia with him?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holland and Kinsella will play midfield (as they have done on many occasions when Keane has not bothered to play). They're OK I'm not overly worried. Healy is supposed to come into the squad if the FAI can persuade FIFA that Keane's knee injury would have kept him out anyway (long shot). Healy is a very good player and was always gonna step into Keane's shoes in the near future anyway. This World Cup was just too soon for him (he's 21)

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Ireland might as well ask Holland to replace them now. Mac Carthy shall pay for this. There are rumours that a group is trying to get the irish president/government to intervene and start peace talks, but knowing Keano, he'll say feck all I'm not coming back. Ireland will have to prepare for a miserable world cup, and wait another 1000 years to be able to qualify again for any international tournament.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the mood here in Ireland is that Keane can go and jump. As for another thousand years till we qualify. Its only 94 since our last world cup.

McCarthy will lose nothing from this as he was put in an impossible situation and proved himself to be the boss, and a strong boss at that.

Come on the boys in Green, we're a united squad again.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
If it wasn't for Keane you wouldn't even be in the tournament. Maybe the Irish wish to think otherwise and believe that they'll still manage to go far without their inspirational captain, but to the neutral football fans, they know that Ireland are fecked without Keane. Hopefully for you, Duff can do some good though.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Kyo said:
Ireland might as well ask Holland to replace them now. Mac Carthy shall pay for this. There are rumours that a group is trying to get the irish president/government to intervene and start peace talks, but knowing Keano, he'll say feck all I'm not coming back. Ireland will have to prepare for a miserable world cup, and wait another 1000 years to be able to qualify again for any international tournament.
We've played quite a few exhibitions without Keane and have played just fine thank you very much. **** did the right thing, a team with Keane's disruptive influence WOULD be Holland. We'll play better without him then with him in stiring up trouble. We have a lot of young talent we'll be in quite a few tournaments in a row i'd imagine. Ireland will be Ireland in this WC and Ireland will be Ireland after the WC. Keane can go F%$k himself and play for his presious Man U. To hell with Keane. That reminds me I've gotta change my avatar.

----------------------

**** McCarthy has confirmed that he sent Roy Keane packing and that his captain will leave Saipan on a flight at 4:45 am tomorrow local time. "I could no longer tolerate the level of abuse aimed at me" said McCarthy in an obvious reference to comments by Keane. He added that Keane had become "a disruptive influence".

"I acknowledge his ability as a footballer but there was an uneasy feeling around the hotel for the last few days," he continued. It is understood that there was a slanging match at a players meeting earlier today and crossed words were exchanged amongst the squad and at a clear the air meeting between the player and manager.

"I've been a friend of Roy's for many years but he crossed the line this time", Niall Quinn said following the news that his colleague had been sent home by McCarthy.

Alan Kelly the goalkeeper who had the much publicised spat with Keane said: "I am as close as anyone to Roy but there are things that happen in football...some of them you can forgive but this was too much.

"He crossed the line that should never be crossed...." Steve Staunton the Republic of Ireland's most capped player said.

-----------------------------

No dissention there everyone seems to agree with ***** decision. United we stand again. Well Matt lad I hope your ready for this. Kinsella I know will be rock solid. But we need Matt for his attacking flair, I hope he'll be up for the task. He's shown that he can in exhibitions hopfully the moment doesn't get him too much.

Well wasn't this a rude awakening with my morning tea.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BULL****!! Keane may have produced huge performances in qualification but so did many others. He missed a few games and he did'nt even travel to Tehran but was remarkbaly fit for ManYoo the following saturday. Its insulting to the likes of Given, Carr, Duff, Quinn, McAteer, Robbie Keane, Stan and all the rest that somehow they did'nt contribute. He probably inhibited many (younger) players by his constant screaming and bitching.

I was at most of our qualiying games (home and away) so I'm probably better informed on how we got there than you.

His main contribution to the squad in Saipan was to call **** an english c*nt. Charming lad

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
LOL, okay then. If you insist in defending your precious national team, I can't help it. Let's see how far you'll get in the WC, then come talk to me again. I just hope that I won't be doing an "I told you so" on you after the first first round of the WC :D
I'm busy reading the other forums btw... football fans all over the world are laughing at the Irish team now, comments like "An Ireland without Keane? BWAHAHAHAHA", "taking out Keane is taking out the equivalent of Zidane, Beckham, Figo out of their respective squads" and reply from irishman "Far worse than that" flying all over the place ROFLMAO!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This took some guts from McCarthy eh?

Well, since even the veterans and usually calmer people like Quinn and Staunton agree that Keane crossed the line I think its obvious it was the right decision.

Keane confirmed one more time something he has been confirming for ages now: he is a c*nt.

And in my opinion McCarthy should come out and told him he is not welcomed in the NT ever again, so he won't have the chance to "quit" International football. When you f*ck up your team prior to the WC and you're the captain and supposed example, you don't deserve respect.

All of a sudden I like Ireland more now.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
What odds his mooted "I'll come and play for youse when I'm knackered and finished with real football" move to Celtic?

I feel really sorry for Colin Healy, he could have been there now if Terry Keane had buggered off home the first time.
The worst thing is that this moves Carsley one step closer to a starting spot. :shudder:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Of course my national team is precious to me!!! I'm fierce proud of my country and Roy Keane has disgraced my country.

I could'nt give a flying **** what other people in other countries think or way on internet forums to be perfectly honest. We'll do all right you'll see. If Keane had stayed we would have been a shambles. Just check out what the other players are saying.

We go to the quarter final in 90 when Keane was still a spoilt little pup and still liveing in his Mayfield slum. Now he's just a spoilt big pup with a pregnent mistress and a very angry Mrs Keane

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Kyo said:
If it wasn't for Keane you wouldn't even be in the tournament. Maybe the Irish wish to think otherwise and believe that they'll still manage to go far without their inspirational captain, but to the neutral football fans, they know that Ireland are fecked without Keane. Hopefully for you, Duff can do some good though.
Yeah he's quite an inspiration all right, doesn't show up for games, practices, insults the coach. Yeah he's a real leader. And you might want to look at some of our recent exhibitions sans Keane. An Irish fan knows what our team is capable of, a nuetral fan doesn't know sh!t. Watch the WC you'll see. We're Irish we're made of tougher stuff than that. We're not going to fold like a deck of cards at the first sign of trouble like some other teams. Now Duff is going to be an inspiration, extremely talented, he's a hard worker and he's got a solid head on his shoulders. Quinn is an inspiration, Kelly and Staunton are inspirations.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Well, we'll see. It's definitely the right decision I do not argue that. But all I'm saying is that Ireland IMO are fecked now. We'll see if your team proves me wrong. I'd hate to see you losing your first 2 matches and be virtually down and out before the first round has even ended and then come back and read these brave comments from you and think "I told you so....". Have a good WC.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts