Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday away in Astana at 6pm

Tuesday 20:45 at home against the Czechs

Will Turkey do us a favour and win twice so we can get rid of this manager?

Doel: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Jeroen Zoet (PSV).

Verdediging: Jeffrey Bruma (PSV), Virgil van Dijk (Southampton), Daryl Janmaat (Newcastle United), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Karim Rekik (Olympique Marseille), Jairo Riedewald (Ajax), Kenny Tete (Ajax).

Middenveld: Ibrahim Afellay (Stoke City), Vurnon Anita (Newcastle United), Daley Blind (Manchester United), Riechedly Bazoer (Ajax), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray), Georginio Wijnaldum (Newcastle United).

Aanval: Memphis Depay (Manchester United), Bas Dost (VfL Wolfsburg), Anwar El Ghazi (Ajax), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Jeremain Lens (Sunderland), Robin van Persie (Fenerbahçe), Eljero Elia (Feyenoord)

Rekikikik

Janmaat is injured and won't play.

Hope that Van Dijk will start and do well.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tight 0-1 victory?

Go Turkey in any case

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Well, it's pretty much over for Danny and the NT.

Shame, cause I really wanted to see his next squad. I heard he was going to call up a couple of really talented U15's from the Ajax academy. :D

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
Had he called up the Ajax U15s from the beginning the Dutch would have qualified already :stuckup:

Let's face it, the team is in decline, Guus is too old and Danny a shit coach. Might as well make use of this failure to shake things up and build up a team for a new cycle.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
If you're going to rebuild, at least do it the non-biased way. Guys like Van Beek and Karsdorp deserve to be called over any Riedewald or Tete. :stuckup:

Not to even mention Lex. :D

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
Honestly, I'd take any one out of those four before Bruma and Van Dijk (and Blind in defense). Tete, Karsdorp, Van Beek, De Vrij, BMI, Riedewald, Willems. Seems like a good defensive line up for the next 10 years.

You just had to mention Lexie :D Add Kramer to it while you're at it.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Yeah, I don't rate Bruma highly either. Van Dijk probably deserves a shot, but not over Van Beek IMO. Looking at those names, at least on paper Holland's defensive future looks pretty bright.

And yeah, Lex is a cripple, I don't rate Kramer highly either. If Acha would get a fair shot, he'd be a good shout one day. :hopeful:

Will be interesting to see who becomes the new coach though. Big task ahead with a much tougher group and qualifying process. Koeman has pretty much ruled himself out. Really don't know who they'll push forward.

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
Haven't watched a lot of Feyenoord lately but how is Achahbar doing? Always liked how he played. And why is Kongolo so little mentioned lately, is he injured or something? In general you guys have promising players right now, which is only help Dutch football.

While I do not believe they will go for it, I would love to see them go for Bielsa, I'm a big fan of his style and he is someone suited for the rebuilding that is going to happen (I could see Robben, RvP and Sneijder all bowing out). As far as Dutch coaches go the coaches of the top 3 are either not willing to give up their positions or want to go to England, the older managers don't want to or lack the quality (Rijkaard, Advocaat)...so I'd go with Seedorf, because **** it why not :D Rate him far more than Blind in any case and he might be the most intelligent football player NL has had in the past decades. He ha the mind of a tactician in any case.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
The only Dutch coach who has the credentials to be the NT manager is Koeman. I doubt they'd appoint a foreigner.

Blind must go after they fail to qualify mid week

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Even with a shit coach is still an achievement to not even qualify in this group with the new rules. I don't think any of the teams in our group will progress at the Euros after the first round.

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Even with a shit coach is still an achievement to not even qualify in this group with the new rules. I don't think any of the teams in our group will progress at the Euros after the first round.
16 of the 24 sides in Euro 2016 will qualify for the knock-out stages of the tournament though. Iceland with some luck in the draw or Turkey with some fire in their belly could go through.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Haven't watched a lot of Feyenoord lately but how is Achahbar doing? Always liked how he played. And why is Kongolo so little mentioned lately, is he injured or something? In general you guys have promising players right now, which is only help Dutch football.

While I do not believe they will go for it, I would love to see them go for Bielsa, I'm a big fan of his style and he is someone suited for the rebuilding that is going to happen (I could see Robben, RvP and Sneijder all bowing out). As far as Dutch coaches go the coaches of the top 3 are either not willing to give up their positions or want to go to England, the older managers don't want to or lack the quality (Rijkaard, Advocaat)...so I'd go with Seedorf, because **** it why not :D Rate him far more than Blind in any case and he might be the most intelligent football player NL has had in the past decades. He ha the mind of a tactician in any case.
Terence is actually doing well, but not in his natural position of centre back. He's being played as left back this season and while he's improving a lot in that position and showing his versatility, I'm not sure it's positive for his NT chances in the long run.

Acha hasn't played at all this season. :thmbdown: Shows you Gio doesn't quite know what he's doing so far, although he's improving as manager as well.

Bielsa btw would be great and Holland still have the reputation to lure such a manager, but the KNVB seems determined to keep it Dutch and in that case I really don't see who? Seedorf was a great player and an excellent leader, but can he handle the pressure or will they just use him up?

16 of the 24 sides in Euro 2016 will qualify for the knock-out stages of the tournament though. Iceland with some luck in the draw or Turkey with some fire in their belly could go through.
Yep, means that 4 of the 6 third placed teams from round 1 move on to the 1/8 finals as well.

Back to the retarded WC system of the early 90's. :D

·
Registered
59,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Achahbar is in the stands. That's what we got him to extend his contract for :neutral:

Kongolo has been doing a Tete at LB :D defensively solid but not so great going forward

Know too little about Seedorf and tactics to be able to form an opinion. Wonder who we could get. From the 88 generation, only Ronald Koeman is an international class manager. The rest has failed (Gullit, van Basten or Erwin Koeman) or disappeared (Rijkaard).
Maybe Ajax fans will be happy to see Frank de Boer become NT coach. Bosz despite using more realistic tactics this season :thumbsup: isn't a big name. Then again, the KNVB went off and appointed Blind of all people.

I wouldn't mind having a foreigner. Belgian, German, really wouldn't mind. As if van Gaal or van Marwijk made their sides play "the Dutch way". At the end of the day, it's about results and the players are skilful enough to not have to play like Sunderland or the old style Wimbledon. We won't have to worry about that.

·
A i nogomet
1,360 Posts
Thanks for the information guys :thumbsup:

Yeah, Seedorf would be a gamble , but I really do not see any established Dutch coach good enough to be the obvious choice. And I would not particularly like to see De Boer try being bondscoach before a stint abroad, he needs to broaden his horizons. A foreign coach sounds good, but who comes to mind? Bielsa? Ancelotti? Convince Hitzfeld to come out of retirement? Eric Gerets? :D

1 - 20 of 56 Posts