Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040126/ap_on_re_mi_ea/us_iraq_weapons&cid=540&ncid=716

The administration was hoping that preliminary evidence in Kay's reports would support their claim that Iraq had WMDs, even if his first reports suggested nothing other than the possibility of Iraq having taken steps recently to attempt to restart their weapons programs.

But as his investigation continued, it became clearer that there was nothing to be found, other than that evidence of Iraq maybe trying to rebuild their WMD stockpiles.

Democrats are no doubt jumping on this like hungry animals, but will still be interesting to see how this will play out besides obvious fodder for the upcoming campaign.

·
Nasty Woman
22,583 Posts
Tim said:

Democrats are no doubt jumping on this like hungry animals, but will still be interesting to see how this will play out besides obvious fodder for the upcoming campaign.
the Democrats can't get themselves organized enough to jump on anything, (and I'm speaking as one). They have pathetic media campaigns and come off as hand-wringing pansys.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are very right. They just can't get it together, and I am really starting to wonder whether they'll be even able to get it together once they have chosen a presidential nominee.

The candidates are still trying too hard to please as many people as possible, and thus they are too vague and seem to change their platform--if you can call it that--based on poll results.

Dean and Lieberman seem to be the only two who have the balls to stand by what they believe in, but many people seem to favor Kerry only because he's now supposed to be the front runner, the media is doing a good job of targeting Dean, and Lieberman can't get anything going.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
liberman's problem is that he looks like a walking corpse

dean well the media massacre's him, and his ranting speech made him look bad, but he is recovering, this morning the CNN guy had him live and dean was asked about it and he said "well we needed a pep talk, i wasnt counting on you guys not showing the crowd" supposedly the crowd was going nuts but all the focus was on the screaming and it cost him big

kerry is the most "presidential" guy of them all, he has the air and quality, but so so boring, i mean senator kennedy nearly busted a nut after introdcuing kerry and then up he steps and yawn kills it.

but i think kerry has the best shot of winning, he has the mix of the qualities that alot of independenats and some moderate republicans would vote for

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Isnt it intresting that saadam the brutal dicatotr who had an iron ifst on his country gave away money for porgrams and never checked up on them

daid kay is a moron if he think people will buy this, blaming the cia is a novel idea, esp when cheney berated them for not getting the right info for war.

bush was decived? please bush made the cia find something, anything, and then made it 1000X bigger then what it was.

we have a true failure of intelligence, its not without reason that the administration does not wish an independednt investigation, they didnt want one when they outed a cia agent, and when they opened one up ashcroft was in charge.
even the 9/11 report they want to hide

THIS ADMINISTRATION IS TOO FISHY, smells worse then a hooker spreading after a busy nite.

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well apparently now, according to London's "Mail on Sunday", the Bush administration could actually turn it around and blame Britain for the bad intelligence. Now wouldn't that be a hot one for Tony Blair. He risked his career to support the war and if this actually does happen (perhaps Bush would not end up doing it directly, but some sort of House/Senate committee), shows how much being a loyal ally is worth...

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
The squirrel has done his job. Apparently, in a Newsweek poll, 55% of the respondents think that Iraq had WMD up to the time just before the war and 49% think that Saddam had a direct hand in Sept. 11. No word on whether or not they conducted the poll amongst 4th graders or adults however...

:D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
RIO said:
No word on whether or not they conducted the poll amongst 4th graders or adults however...

its funny cause its so true, and its so sad.

tim,

:howler: :howler: :howler: ....... loving it.

though i think the cartoon fails to adaquetly depict janets nose. we all know its far thinner :smileani:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
According to Bill Clinton he also had the same information available during his presidency, that Iraq had WMDs. So I'm not surprised that Bush had this data too. Don't forget that Iraq had previously used them already on his own people and neighbouring countries. The more likely theory is that there were indeed nuclear programs started in 2000 and these together with WMDs were transported to Syria so that they couldn't be found.

Shouldn't Tenet lose his job over this failure?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts