Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Norwegian footballer
(not sure whether it's the correct spelling, though)

Does any of you guys know where he is now? The club? Or any other info? I've lost track of him quite some time ago, and I'm wondering how he's doing now...

Thanx before!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, no, I don't think he's that young anymore at least! When I first saw him, he WAS a promising youth along with Flo (and you know how old Flo is now). It was the last qualifying match to Euro '96 (that is, the match was in Nov. 95) vs Holland. Yup, the game where Norway got trashed and failed to make it to Euro 96 :mad:
Ever since, I only managed to watch this guy in the national team and couldn't find info on him on the internet. That's because I'm not sure how to type his name actually. :eek: That is, the 'o' in the word 'Lokken'. It's the 'o' with diagonal line over it. So if I want to search that word on the internet, do I type 'Lokken', or 'Loekken'? Im still puzzled about some Nordic letters :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Karl-Petter Løken is the correct spelling. He is born in 1966 so he should be around 34 years old now. He won about 30 caps for Norway. He played in Rosenborg from 1985-1996 and is now a club president at his hometown club in the lower divisions. He also is co-commentator on Norwegian TV.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, for the info, Jan A! No wonder I see no more of him. Didn't know that he's already 34 now. Rather early a retirement, don't you think? Is it because of injury or something, or he simply retired?
Oh well, I guess I'll se no more of him in the future either! Unless I can receive Norwegian TV so the probability is 0!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts