Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't heard about this before. Has this been agreed already? I mean Karanka and Campo leaving.

MADRID, April 5 (DS) - Real Madrid have reportedly expressed their interest in Bayer Leverkusen Brazilian defender Lucio, German SID agency informed, referring to Spanish AS newspaper.
The Royal Club look for a substitution for Karanka and Ivan Campo, who will leave the club to join Athletic Bilbao and Mallorca respectively.
The Brazilian international's contract with Leverkusen side expires in June 2005.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
shubay,

I think its been pretty clear for a while that Karanka was leaving. Campo was still questionable, i say good riddence anyway. They can both leave. Karanka was never better then an adequate player, and Campo is a circus clown.

Not sure if Lucio would be a good choice for us, but lets see how things develop. We are running out of options.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Shubay, no one knows, because nothing has been oficially reported. The article just makes these assumptions based on what they think will happen, and although it's probable, there is no official confirmation as of yet.

I've seen enough of Lucio to know he's a remarkable defender. But he's just as renouned for his offensive prowess, as he is for defensive qualities, and that sort of worries me in a team like ours:eek: But surely better quality than the likes of Karanka:eek:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Will Lucio move to Real Madrid in the next season?

MADRID, April 7 (DS) - As it was previously reported, Madrid Real is interested in signing Bayer Leverkusen defender Lucio. And its not a secret any more that the Royal club has certain problems at the center defense which costs many goals to the club. Karanka and Ivan Campo will leave the club after the season and Hierro is getting slower as his age dictates.
Lucio is closer to wear Real shirt in the next season, reports Spanish Marca. Royal club officials made an official request to their colleagues from Leverkusen about the player.
At the first Real was interested in Roma's Walter Samuel but receiving a categorical refusal they fixed their eyes on the Brazilian defender.
Juan Figger, Lucio's agent, traveled to Munich on the last Monday to meet Real sporting director Jorge Valdano. They were discussing Lucio's move to the Royal club. The defender's contract with the likely Bundesliga winner expires on the June 30 in 2005. But there is a clause in his contract, which allows Lucio to leave Bayer if some bigger soccer club wants him in his squad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts