Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kanu has warned England that Argentina are full of tricks, after the Nigerian ace left the field bruised from Diego Simeone's elbow last week.
The Nigerian ace was substituted midway through the second half of Nigeria's 1-0 defeat to the South Americans on Sunday morning with a rib injury, which he maintains was sustained by Simeone's elbow.
The combative Lazio midfielder is famed for his tactic of pushing the rules of the game to the very limit, and was the man who David Beckham kicked following a heavy challenge, which led to the England star being red-carded in France 98.
Kanu has warned England that Argentina are full of dirty tricks ahead of Friday's Group F showdown in Sapporo.
"My injury is down to an elbow from Simeone which, in my opinion, was completely unnecessary," he said. "Argentina have some very good players but as they proved against us they also have physical strength and power.
"For me it was so frustrating to have to go off, but Argentina are very experienced and clever.
"They tackle hard and they use tricks on opponents. England will have to be aware of that.
"I think they know all about Simeone by now. It's sad that hard play does appear to be part of Argentina's game."
However, he also warned England that their opponents were more than capable with the ball as well, and added: "It will be very hard for any side to overcome Argentina if they display the kind of form they showed against ourselves."

culled from Teamtalk.com

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
271 Posts
Football is a physical game, not some sissy sport. If you cant stand the heat, get off the pitch, like Kanu.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIFA will deal with Simeone

Your boys were too rough. Had Kanu not been injured, we have drawn that game. Had it been a clash, that would have been OK but it was an off-the-ball incident with Simeone elbowing him in the ribs for no apparent reason.

Do not worry, FIFA will deal with it after they have watched the videos

Typical Argentina

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
It's a good thing Kanu didn't notice the switchblade knives, razor blades, and baseball bats the Argentines were hiding in their underwear. He might really have been frightened.

:rolleyes:

Kanu did not play well from minute 1 of the match. Even the American announcers noticed his poor condition and were predicting from very early in the match that he would have to come out. Now to blame his problems on Simeone is really tacky.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sore losers

If our boys were too rough, yours were too stupid!

Kanu's injury problems started in the 8th minute when he injured himself trying to reach around Veron to get the ball. I didn't know he was so fragile:confused: Chalk it up to poor coaching as to why he was kept in the game for so long.

As a futbol professional, I'm surprised Kanu would make excuses for a game in which Nigeria was completely dominated.

That said, your goalkeeping and defence's aerial ability might get you to the second round.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Yes, Leg, a player has to be pretty awful for an American to notice ;) :D

P.S. how are you getting along? I mean an Argentina supporter living in England? Do you have to live a secret life?

·
Registered
271 Posts
P.S. how are you getting along? I mean an Argentina supporter living in England? Do you have to live a secret life?
heh, don't worry about me, I'm tucked away in a secure bunker and I'm only getting several death threats a day now...;)

But seriously, if I went into a pub wearing my argentina shirt I'd probably be beaten to pulp or at best I'd be chucked out. I can only wear the shirt indoors :( and I can't tell anyone I'm a supporter except the most trustworthy and open minded people. So I guess, in a way, I am living a secret life.....Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but dont wanna risk injury - I think theres a couple of other fans in this forum from the UK and I'd like to hear their experiences.....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
leg100 said:
heh, don't worry about me, I'm tucked away in a secure bunker and I'm only getting several death threats a day now...;)

But seriously, if I went into a pub wearing my argentina shirt I'd probably be beaten to pulp or at best I'd be chucked out. I can only wear the shirt indoors :( and I can't tell anyone I'm a supporter except the most trustworthy and open minded people. So I guess, in a way, I am living a secret life.....Perhaps I'm over-reacting, but dont wanna risk injury - I think theres a couple of other fans in this forum from the UK and I'd like to hear their experiences.....
I guess you,ll hear mine soon :D..lucky me there is no championships starting in september and ending next may ..that helps....hate to experince such thing :D

To the Nigerian dude, man, you are making your self a big joke in here....have mercy on yourself.....

by the way, Kanu looks like a rod, he gets broken with every manly interfering.....keep him in his home, thats wiser for you and him

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Re: FIFA will deal with Simeone

ayoakinfe said:
Your boys were too rough. Had Kanu not been injured, we have drawn that game.

you dont have any idea of ehat you are saying. i believe that whether kanu got injured or not, you would have lost anyway. but we ll never know.
you may have tied the match, or even you may have won it. but to state you would have drawn with kanu in the pitch the 90 minutes, its insane.
moreover, its not like if kanu were maradona, he doesnt have that influence in a team.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
ayoakinfe said:
Kanu has warned England that Argentina are full of tricks, after the Nigerian ace left the field bruised from Diego Simeone's elbow last week.
The Nigerian ace was substituted midway through the second half of Nigeria's 1-0 defeat to the South Americans on Sunday morning with a rib injury, which he maintains was sustained by Simeone's elbow.
The combative Lazio midfielder is famed for his tactic of pushing the rules of the game to the very limit, and was the man who David Beckham kicked following a heavy challenge, which led to the England star being red-carded in France 98.
Kanu has warned England that Argentina are full of dirty tricks ahead of Friday's Group F showdown in Sapporo.
"My injury is down to an elbow from Simeone which, in my opinion, was completely unnecessary," he said. "Argentina have some very good players but as they proved against us they also have physical strength and power.
"For me it was so frustrating to have to go off, but Argentina are very experienced and clever.
"They tackle hard and they use tricks on opponents. England will have to be aware of that.
"I think they know all about Simeone by now. It's sad that hard play does appear to be part of Argentina's game."
However, he also warned England that their opponents were more than capable with the ball as well, and added: "It will be very hard for any side to overcome Argentina if they display the kind of form they showed against ourselves."

Yeahhhh way to go Cholo :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :cool: :cool: :)

Take them away one by one.

Ho ho, why does Kano claim that the elbow was completely unnecessary!!!!!! As far as I understand then it was the elbow that made him pi*s off. I guess the elbow worked just fine :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
What a laughable silly little point Kanu is bringing up, he sounds like a cry baby. Kanu was irrelevant in the match right from the kick off.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
What a cry baby, sore loser...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts