Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who weren't able to watch the game (England - Ukraine)last night. Sergei Kandaurov was magnificent, why he doesn't play like that for Benfica we'll never know.

Everyone is going on about McManaman exploiting the space (but he was practiocally non-exsistant), but Kandaurov on the other hand, exploited the english midfield and defence.

Although Ukraine were unlucky not to score, they had there fair share. Kandaurov linked up brilliantly with rebrov and shevchenko, and came close on few occasions himself. Kandaurov you did us proud.

f_rog - long live Benfica

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Forca Benfica :)

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I have to disagree that kandourov was good because I didnt even realise he was playing.
I also found it funny that the english go on about how they are this footballing loving nation but yet a country of nearly 60 million leave nearly 20,000 seats empty in the second from last game in apparently the most famous stadium in the world and 10 to 15 minutes before the game there couldnt have been more than 20,000 people there!
I think shevchenko had an o.k game but rebrov was non-existent although ukraine were unlucky in the first half they deserved what they got in the second as england could have had 2 or 3 more. Although i was quite happy to see how much space they left and how beckham didnt back track as wing back and if they do that against portugal figo will absolutely slaughter them.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been to Wembley several times, I saw both Portugal vs England matches (1-1 and 0-3), and the parking at Wembley is hurrendous, the tube gets overcrowded, everyone just wants to beat the rush so thats why they all leave early.

The last time I went to Wembley, it took me an hour just to get out of the car park, the queues were that bad.

So you can either leave 15 mins early and get out the car park in no time or wait till the end and sit in traffic for an hour.

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Hey dani snap I also went to both the england portugal games and I also went on wednesday to see ukraine v england as it was one of the last games at wembley and it would be really hard to get tickets for the germany game and although i agree that wembley is a ****hole and the public transport is horrendous with only 2 stations and limited parking for 80,000 people the train i went on was 3 quarters empty as was most other trains and so public transport cant really be used as an excuse.
Although the public transport is and was a nightmare to get out of match that shouldnt really affect the attendance's for a country that claims that it loves football more than anyone else. And for people who say that they have to get to work next day and that they cant afford to wait 30 - 60 minutes getting out of wembley, if they leave say 2 minutes before the end of the game so that they avoid the rush they shouldnt have any problems with delays.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts