Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kallon gets 8 month ban Thursday 8 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mohamed Kallon and Saadi Al Gheddafi have been banned for eight and three months respectively after failing dope tests.

The Inter striker (pictured) tested positive for nandrolone following the September 27 clash at Udinese.

While the Perugia man was found to have traces of the same substance in his system after the 0-0 draw with Reggina on October 5.

Kallon has always protested his innocence but was today told that he would face a lengthy suspension.

Inter are expected to appeal against the sentence which has ruled out the striker for the rest of the season.

Perugia won¡¦t be appealing against Gheddafi¡¦s punishment as the player himself admitted that the drug was in his body.

The midfielder, who hasn¡¦t played a single minute for Perugia this season, tested positive because of medication he was taking to rectify a back problem.

Parma¡¦s Manuele Blasi also tested non-negative for nandrolone this term but he is yet to appear in front of the relevant sporting authorities.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
KALLON LEGAL REPS: AN UNINTENTIONAL EPISODE
Thursday, 08 January 2004 20:35:25
MILAN - The Lega Calcio Disciplinary Commission has announced its decision to suspend Mohamed Kallon for eight months after the player tested positive in a drugs test carried out at the end of Udinese v Inter on 27 September 2003.

Inter lawyer Adriano Raffaelli and Kallon 's legal representative Pierfilippo Capello said: "The Disciplinary Commission has described the episode as unintentional doping, since it has passed a sentence which is incompatible with intentional doping.

"We will wait for the justification of the decision, which will be announced in the coming days. In order to reaffirm the perfect correctness of his actions and that he was not involved in any illicit practice whatsoever, the player will appeal to the Federal Appeals Commission."

inter.it

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAF REDUCES KALLON BAN
Monday, 09 February 2004 19:09:40
MILAN - After hearing Mohamed Kallon 's appeal, the CAF (Federal Appeals Commission) has reduced the Inter forward's suspension from eight to six months, as from 10 October 2003.

inter.it

=============

FACCHETTI: "THE RULING HAS MORAL VALUE"
Monday, 09 February 2004 20:16:18
MILAN - Commenting on the reduction of Mohamed Kallon 's antidoping suspension from eight to six month, Inter president Giacinto Facchetti said: "The CAF ruling has a moral value. Involuntariness has been recognised.

"The CONI Antidoping Attorney's appeal, that is to say, the accusation, has been rejected. Therefore, it has been definitively recognised by the Sports Judiciary that Kallon 's case was a non-intentional episode. For our club, this has always been the most important aspect of the whole matter."

inter.it

===============

KALLON: "MY GOOD FAITH PREVAILED"
Monday, 09 February 2004 21:01:58
MILAN - Few words and many training sessions, awaiting the end of his suspension. That date is now nearer for Nerazzurri striker Mohamed Kallon , who from 23 April will be newly available for selection after the CAF reduced his ban from six to eight months on Monday.

"In the end, the Sports Judiciary also recognised my good faith as a man, in defence of which I have always fought. As for everything else, the talking will be done on the pitch, like my entire career has shown. In this moment I just want to thank those who have helped me in this period: my family, my friends, the club."

inter.it

=================

Blasi and Kallon bans cut Monday 9 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma¡¦s Manuele Blasi and Mohamed Kallon of Inter have both had their doping suspensions reduced.

Blasi was originally handed a six-month stop after testing positive for nandrolone but the appeal court have today cut that by four weeks.

The former Under-21 international will now be eligible for selection for his club, and possibly his country, from March 18.

There is good news for Kallon too. He was given a massive eight month sentence but that has been modified to six.

The striker, who also had traces of nandrolone in his system, can return to the football fields after April 23.

Perugia¡¦s Saadi Al Gheddafi also tested positive for the banned substance this season but he¡¦s now served his punishment.

The midfielder, yet to play for the club, was given a three month suspension that expired on Friday.

channel4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts