Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all football fans
i am a 25 years old student who is doing a paper about the link between politics and football.

if any of you could help me by telling me about "red" left wing teams and supporters in your country,or even give me their supporters sites adresess i would aprriceate it a lot.

thank you very much.

·
Registered
396 Posts
One thing everyone should know is that aek this year should have been relegated to 4th division because of they VERY BIG debts... but instead the government introduce a rule that nobody has heard of saying that they can apply for the state to pay of it or something like that... no ones really knows what its about...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
artho 44 has been around for ever and we are not the only club to use it buddy, Aris used it as well this year, and their players did not get payed AT ALL while ours on the other hand did.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
moskal said:
if any of you could help me by telling me about "red" left wing teams and supporters in your country,or even give me their supporters sites adresess i would aprriceate it a lot.
Unlike other countries, fan groups in Greece are rather apolitical. The only ones who have some kind of repuation and a political agenda is a very small minotiry of Panathinaikos fan groups who are openly extreme right-wing. But even them are unimportant and isolated.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
One thing everyone should know is that aek this year should have been relegated to 4th division because of they VERY BIG debts... but instead the government introduce a rule that nobody has heard of saying that they can apply for the state to pay of it or something like that... no ones really knows what its about...
Sorry i forgot, Aris aswell is in the same position as aek
..and the relevance of this to the thread is? :notlist:

moskal as AMOROSO pointed out the fan groups in Greece are mainly apolitical and don't model themselves on the Ultra/Hincha groups of Spain & Italy. At the top of my head I can say the following applies:

AEK - Some Original 21 left-wing although it must be stressed that this doesn't apply to all involved. They have friendships with BAL 99 (livorno) and Commando Ultra 84 (marseille) who as you may know are far-left. Also there's the GETTO club who are right wing.

Aris- Super 3 are mainly left wing. Ierolohites (Gate 1) are mostly right wing.

PAOK, PAnathinaikos, Olympiakos - Gates 4, 13 and 7 respectively are apolitical but there are some right and left wing groups amongst them.

PAS Giannina (3rd Division)- Blue Vayeros (left wing)

kalamata (2nd Division) - Bulldogs (right wing)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts