Xtratime Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EXCLUSIVE Kaladze joy at second player gong

Thursday 27th June 2002

AC Milan defender Kakha Kaladze expressed his delight after he was voted Georgian Player of the Year for the second time on Wednesday.

"I am very happy that I have now won the award twice," he told onefootball.com. "Last season was the best of my career so far."

Kaladze polled 160 votes in a ballot cast among Georgian football writers and commentators, beating Freiburg's Alexander Iashvili into second place. Midfielder Levan Kobiashvili, also at Freiburg, was third.

Kaladze's achievement is all the more remarkable in view of the traumatic year he has experienced outside of football. His brother Levan was kidnapped a year ago and he has refused to play for Georgia until he is released.

He added: "Every day I have contact with the Georgian internal affairs minister Koba Narchemashvili. I hope that I will see my brother very soon and I want to return to the national team."

Kaladze began his career with FC Samtredia before joining Dinamo Tbilisi and then Dynamo Kyiv. He moved to the Rossoneri for £10 million in January 2001 after impressing for Dynamo in the Champions' League and to date has made 47 Serie A appearances, scoring seven goals.
This guy is a personal favorite, so congrats to picking up a little hardware. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Forza KaXa KaLadZe!!

he deserved it .

i wonder if his brother Levan is still alive :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts