Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really do believe that this kid, Kaka will be something. He's already, at what? 21 years of age, a phenomena. He's already a starter for Brasil's NT, the World Champions. He surprised and puzzled everyone by walking straight into the starting line up of Milan, the European Champions! He's scoring with the regularity that a striker would be proud of, let alone a midfielder! (8 goals in 15 Serie A games!!! making him our 2nd leading scorer this season!!). He's setting up and creating a lot of great chances for his teammates. Watching him is a like a joy, or rather an anthem to football, the way the beautiful game should be played. He's got the mental toughness of a veteran. In Italy, for the past week or so, the talk in everyone's mind, not only Milanisti, has been to compare Kaka with the Divine Codino, Baggio as to whether Kaka is better than Baggio at his age was.

Some italian pundits and medias have even gone as far as comparing him and his immediate amazing impact with that of a certain Michel Platini, le Roi Michel aka Michel Platini. It might be a bit early for these comparaisons, but still, it's not everyday, that the Italian medias and pundits go crazy about a youngster. The last time a youngster had such an amazing and immediate impact for Milan, was a certain shy, blond Ukrainian, by the name of Andriy Shevchenko, now known as Sheva or for the intimes, Venti di Passione or simply Lo Tzar.

Kaka has the talent, the physical attributes, the mental toughness, the class of the very best, the shot and accuracy of a striker, the maturity of a veteran despite his very young age. Put all these together and you obtain, a super player, almost the prototype of the modern player-type. I strongly believe and everything is pointing towards that direction that, if he can continue at this pace while keeping his feet on the ground, he has everything to become, not only the most dominant midfielder, but also the very best and most complete player in the world in 2-3 years time. I'm absolutely positively certain that he can become that super champion and become the leader, of not only Milan's midfield for years to come, but for Brasil as well.

The first time I saw him, was during a Copa do Brasil 1/2 final in 2001 between Sao Paulo and Corinthians and I was struck literally by this dangly lad's natural class and vision on the ball and his capacity to read the game and create havoc with his runs with the ball at his feet. Not to mention his powerful and pin-point shooting. Today, I'm truly delighted that he's ours. And he will be ours for years to come. :)

FORZA SMOKING BIANCO!!:proud::star:
FACCI SOGNARE KAKA!!!:cool:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
of course he can be .....the kid is one of the best players in Italy already....there are others who will be considered as well though...anyone got the Kaka goal he scored in the CONCACAF cup....where he made two defenders run into each other.....CLASSIC.....find it if you never have seen it

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,487 Posts
I really do believe that this kid, Kaka will be something. He's already, at what? 21 years of age, a phenomena.
Kaka is a great talent but don't overhype him too much. R. Gaucho is the next big thing in football.

·
Super Moderator
13,636 Posts
He reminds me a lot to the great Raí (Sócrates' brother), from Sao Paulo and PSG, remember him?
He also scored a lot of goals, long shots, and physical strenght...
Perfect sort of player for Serie A.

Kaká can become a great player. Don't know if the Best player of the world, but hopefully he could, one day, become as good a player like Del Piero.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
In about one year (maybe even sooner), people all around will be comparing Ronaldinho Gaucho wil Kaka. It's sort of unavoidable, I guess, with both of them making their marks on international football. Kaka's imminent conquest of a starting position in the Brazilian Team (technically he is not a starter yet, but IMO it's a matter of time and will happen naturally) further suggests that comparison.

It's undeniable that Kaka has both the talent AND the work-ethic to succeed big time in Italy. He's tactically quite committed (going against the stereotype so commonly associated with Brazilian players) and his adaptation to Serie A has been simply remarkable so far.

However, in terms of pure skill, I must say that Ronaldinho Gaucho has the most refined touch on the ball since Romario (the 'Baixinho' said so himself!!). And considering that he's no slouch in the "work-rate" department either... I personally get the impression that Ronnie will be bigger. ;)

Of course, I've been wrong before... :mute: ...And Kaka has been developing so quickly that he may yet prove me wrong and become the world's best player, which wouldn't bother me at all. :proud: :cool:

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
kaiserh said:
:howler: :howler: :howler:
Depends on if we talk Del Piero of taday or the one before his injury which was phenomenal...

Kaka's performances have been a bit up and down from what I seen, but his contribution have been almost only on the up side.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
van said:
hopefully he could, one day, become as good a player like Del Piero.
:howler:

This would be an insult to Kaka!Really! Del Piero is a good player, but whom has always chocked up in the big occasions and scoring and making an impact only against the low teams...:rollani:

Del Piero has the talent, but not the mental strength and kind of desire and ability to elevate himself to the level of the true greats, those who make things happen in the key moments of key games in big tournaments. Del Piero, has been a complete failure at that level. While Kaka, well, he's slowly showing signs of true greatness.

Good point toug Van about Kaka being a similar player than Rai. In fact, Rai is the model or the idol of Kaka's youth as he has said it himself a few times. I remember Rai, a great player, but apparently, mentally weak, unfortunately as he had all the talent and ingredients to become a true great as well.

As to Ronaldinho VS Kaka, I agree with Garrincha, that if we speak about pure and natural talent, then Ronaldinho is more blessed in that compartiment than Kaka. Both of them will be huge and I'm truly delighted that we have, at least, one of them...mind you, I would not mind Ronaldinho join us in the near future neither...;)

FORZA SMOKING BIANCO!!!:proud::star:

Cheers.:)

·
Super Moderator
13,636 Posts
I don't see what's wrong in thinking that Kaká can become as good as Del Piero honestly.
There're not exactly the same type of players -Kaká doesn't have the technique of Del Piero, and Del Piero isn't as strong and fast as Kaká - but the comparision isn't one to laugh at in my oppinion.

Sure, prior to the injuries Del Piero was a machine, unstoppable, but where does it look that Kaká is heading? Isn't he being extremely impressive? Isn't he scoring a lot, and very impressive goals? Important goals? Isn't he just 21? Isn't he playing a sort of segunda punta role now, in a way similar to Del Piero's?

As for Rai, Payman, I didn't know Kaká admired him. I did too as I enjoyed that Sao Paulo 92/93 of Santana a lot.

And as for Ronaldinho, well that depends on Ronaldinho pretty much. If he keeps his level, I'm sure that in two years we´ll say that the best player odf the world is him or Totti. He¡s just phenomenal.

But that doesn't mean that Kaká isn't a potential best player of the world. He obvioulsy is, just like, guess who? Alex Del Piero has been.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I just cant get it when ppl mock Del Pierro. True, he was not that consistent thruput his career and he was sort of unlucky to have Baggio and now Totti to compete in the NT! But he is one of teh finest italian players of teh last 10 years and he doesnt deserve anything from what he gets here.

Dont be so disprespectful and bias.

·
Super Moderator
13,636 Posts
bono said:
I just cant get it when ppl mock Del Pierro. True, he was not that consistent thruput his career and he was sort of unlucky to have Baggio and now Totti to compete in the NT! But he is one of teh finest italian players of teh last 10 years and he doesnt deserve anything from what he gets here.

Dont be so disprespectful and bias.
Who's mocking Del Piero, bono?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts