Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they both super talented and play in same role
in the come years, i think they can play very well together for brazil.. gonna b the best attacking midfielder pair

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I just think Alex should be there, but Diego when we have Alex, Kaka and :star: Ronaldinho :star:

but he would be a great bench option to use.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:howler: i dont follow brazilian football, there is no tv coverage of it in my area, so i have no clue how diego and alex are :confused:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Liternit:

Diego is the best #10 we have produced since Zico my friend. Wait till this guy gets more experienced. He needs to take of his ego though... if he does this guy is going very very far.... much more than Kaka;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd put just one of them. Ronnie and Kaka are world class and I think they should battle for a spot, Alex comes third. Diego? Not NT material yet, he has to develop a lot.

I'd consider putting two of them together only if I used one attacker, but I think we have great options for the attack so we don't need to do it....Rivaldo, Adriano, Luís Fabiano and others which we forgot about, like Denílson and França.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Denilson is not a foward, but it would not be bad to play with a single striker and Kaka, Alex and Ronaldinho to help him.

But it sure would sweet Ronaldo - LF - Alex - Ronaldinho

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Denilson always played as a forward in the Brazilian NT. I think he plays for Betis in the left-mid, though.

And yeah Ze, this is my typical post: I look for balance and think about a TEAM, not a bunch of individuals thinking that they can work together well just because they are talented. Thank God Luxemburgo, Felipão and Parreira all agree with me, never using two playmakers who can't play in the flanks together with two forwards in the NT. Your concept of football is more similar to Zagallo, who had Petkovic, Alex, Denilson and Edilson and couldn't make them work well in Flamengo.

I don't get why it's so hard for you guys to get the concept that to break "retrancas", we need to play in the flanks.

It's a physical thing: two objects can't occupy the same place. If the other team put a lot of players in the middle it's almost impossible to make one-two plays through it, no matter how talented the AMs and forwards are. If you play through the flanks, you make the field to work bigger, opening up spaces (they have to mark in a much larger field).

If two playmakers in the center worked 20 years ago, it doesn't work today. Physical condition is changed, any team who can mark can give us problems, even without any talent.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Rob more is less :p

Denilson was never a foward, not in SPFC, not in the NT and for sure not in Betis. And saying Kaka and Ronaldinho would not work is crazy, they have total different roles. Ronaldinho has some great passing vision while Kaka´s vision still pretty poor in my opinion.

If we play with only one striker Kaka would probably play great ala Rivaldo. Then you would have Ronaldinho in one side and Alex on the other making the plays

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Denílson was a forward in the NT with Felipão, he was Rivaldo's sub. Of course he plays more as a winger.

I just don't think it's very smart to put Kaká upfront if you have options like Denílson, LF and Adriano. Same would apply to Alex, Zé Roberto is obvioulsy not as talented, but he's much quicker than him, can mark better and know how to play wide open, unlike Alex.

We have talent in every position, there's no need to improvise.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
thanks liternit for saving some of my brain cells with Bobby;) :cool:
not a problem hommie :cap: but freaking run! Rob will probably post a 3 page essay on why Denilson is a matador :tongue:

Ps. Rob jk be cool :)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Denílson was a forward in the NT with Felipão, he was Rivaldo's sub. Of course he plays more as a winger.

I just don't think it's very smart to put Kaká upfront if you have options like Denílson, LF and Adriano. Same would apply to Alex, Zé Roberto is obvioulsy not as talented, but he's much quicker than him, can mark better and know how to play wide open, unlike Alex.

We have talent in every position, there's no need to improvise.
You said it your self he played more like a winger, just because he came in for Rivaldo does not make him a striker/foward

Kaka would school Denilson when it comes to scoring, he was agreat assister in SPFC but since he left he lost that. (he did give a great pass for Betis goal against RM) Plus if you have watched Milan you would see that when Rui and Kaka play they both trackback and defende pretty well.

Kaka will have much more discipline after joining Milan and would be not only good on attack but also defending. Very few have as good as shot as Kaka and Denilson is far from having a shot. Out of those 3 you mentioned only LF has a better shot than Kaka, but then we would be playing with 2 strikers and not 1.

I still would like to see Ronaldo and LF, even though they both play the same style I think LF is more of a fighter and that would suit well with Ronaldo.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Liternit:

I'm GAVIOES... the other that have to run from me:tongue: ;) :cool:

"neo tenho medo de morrer,
eu dou porrada pra valer,
eu amo essa torcida e o nome dela eu vou dizer

como e que e,
como e que e,
GA VI OES FIEL
TIMAO EO, TIMAO EO, TIMAO EO":tongue:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
:eek: :rolleyes: :fero: :devil: :devil: :devil:
What a load of BOLLOCKS

for the gringos:

BAMBI: the typical fan that goes to Morumbi stadium in an Audi, pays R$ 30.00 for parking, puts loads of gel in his hair, paints his finger nails, puts loads of perfume to go to a stadium, complains all the time about his team, and after the game chucks some house bombs at other fans and runs away to his male mate:eek: :tongue: :eek: :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Btw... he "supports" Sao Paulo.. but only wears the shirt when they win.... which has not been much lately..... and they also like to be called the "real madrid of morumbi" UUHHUHUH KINKY:rolleyes: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Liternit said:
You said it your self he played more like a winger, just because he came in for Rivaldo does not make him a striker/foward

Kaka would school Denilson when it comes to scoring, he was agreat assister in SPFC but since he left he lost that. (he did give a great pass for Betis goal against RM) Plus if you have watched Milan you would see that when Rui and Kaka play they both trackback and defende pretty well.

Kaka will have much more discipline after joining Milan and would be not only good on attack but also defending. Very few have as good as shot as Kaka and Denilson is far from having a shot. Out of those 3 you mentioned only LF has a better shot than Kaka, but then we would be playing with 2 strikers and not 1.

I still would like to see Ronaldo and LF, even though they both play the same style I think LF is more of a fighter and that would suit well with Ronaldo.
Denilson is a attacker who plays in the wing, like Claudio Lopez. He can also play as wing in the midfield, like Zé Roberto, of course, but I like him better more upfront.

Kaká is a smarter player and also a better finisher. As a striker, of course he's better than Denilson (I never said that Denilson was a striker). But in my team I would prefer a lone striker, Ronaldo, and Denilson on the wing than Kaká coming from behind. But it's not a bad option using Kaká in the same way he's being used in Milan (I just disagree with him playing together with Ronnie AND two center-forwards).

About the defending aspect, it makes no difference. I'd not choose Kaká instead of Denilson basing on Denilson's defensive abilities. They would only have to press the oponent's deffense, that's all.

And sorry if my posts are very long, I have a very different way of seeing football than most brazilians (I'm not European-wanna-be, but I usually agree more with the posters in the international boards than with you guys here) so I have to explain eveything here. If you see my posts in the other forums, they usually aren't that long.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Bobby Cock,

Man, don't want to make fun of you or anything. But you should definilty consult what is a LEFT WINGER??

Cause you say that ROBINHO is a left winger. I checked with all the Santos fans and they all sort of looked at me weird (my uncle included) ANd now you can to tell me that Denilson is an ATTACKER THAT FALLS ON THE LEFT?? What are you on dude?

Denilson is the typical left winger. Gil is a left winger. Eder was a Left winger. Tato was a left winger, Daniel Carvalho is a left winger.....

And Kaka is not a center forward... he acn be a forward but he IS NOT a striker.

And about european view you can point them out.... i know european footy mentality pretty well;)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Instead of asking your uncle, ask Leão which position Robinho plays. PVC and Tostão, the best commentators in Brazilian TV (at least in the tactical aspect) already said that they see Santos playing in the 4-2-3-1, instead of the usual 4-2-2-2, like everyone says. I follow Leão since he coached Atlético in 97 and he always use this system. Robinho in Santos is a "ponteiro mais recuado", that's all.

I didn't say that Denílson is an attacker who falls on the left, you must be crazy. I said he was a left-winger in the Brazilian NT, and left-wingers are attackers, NOT STRIKERS keep in mind. Exactly like Gil, Eder, Tato and Daniel Carvalho in the NT (in Inter he plays more on the center-left, like a playmaker coming from behind). Aren't they counted as attackers? Or do you count Gil as a midfielder? Same would apply to Denílson, he's a attacker, but NOT A STRIKER.

And Kaka is not a center forward... he acn be a forward but he IS NOT a striker.
Exactly, and what I said is that I prefer Luís Fabiano upfront than him playing out of his position.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts