Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a small festival here in Antwerp last night. It had an incredible program: South San Gabriel, Sandy Dillon, Alex Chilton (ex-Big Star) and our very own Traktor :cool: :D. The band that stole the show however was a Norvegian band I (and almost anybody there) had ever heard of: Kaizers Orchestra. Six stylishly dressed Norvegians who turned out to be completely insane. Their organist with a gassmask, 2 guitarists who once in a while put away their guitar to ritmly smash the living jesus out of 2 oil gallons, a singer who's English was awfull and music that held the middle between gypsy music and the dirtiest and loudest punksongs, all sung in Norvegian (I presume :). The result was the poshiest theatre room in Antwerp going through the roof :D

So a question to the Norvegian (or Scandinavian) posters here, where can I get some info on this incredible band?

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Sounds like a cool band - gypsy and punk - wouldn't mind checking that out....

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
They were really hyped here a few months ago. Pretty big in Norway from what i gathered, but never hit it in sweden, despite playing live on one of swedens biggest morning show (imagine them with gassmasks hitting on oildrums and all that coming on at 9.30 in the morning just after the weatherforecast, with the hosts and guests trying to put on a brave face when all they wonder is "WTF is this all about then" ).

I never got to see them live though. Supposed to be really good just as gOD experienced.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Always missed out on this topic. Too bad that I didn't made a topic already about them when I read something about them just before Lowlands and saw them during the highlights of it. They looked cool on stage and also their music was a mixture of a lot of things. I could only find one CD from them in the shops though, so that's also the CD I've in my collection now. It's something called Ompa till vor.

Much more I don't know about them though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts