Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KELLER SEALS GERMAN SWITCH
Saturday 15 Jan 2005

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Kasey Keller has completed a switch to Bundesliga side Borussia Moenchengladbach.

KASEY KELLER The 35-year-old American international has signed an 18-month contract with Borussia, who are managed by former Holland boss Dick Advocaat.

Keller told the club's official website: "I'm looking forward to a new chapter in my career. The Bundesliga is among the best three leagues in Europe; the stadiums are always full and football plays a big role in Germany.

"I naturally spoke a lot with Dick Advocaat and also with my agent. Borussia is a club with great tradition, just like my old team Tottenham."

"I've already played with Christian Ziege. I spoke to him by telephone and we talked about Borussia."

Keller had been at White Hart Lane since the summer of 2001 and was loaned out to Southampton earlier this season, having lost his starting spot to Paul Robinson.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Well, he has been doing well on the NT, I hope he does well for the German Club. Although, he is getting old, but most goalkeepers last along time since they aren't real football players. :cool:

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Good for Kasey. He's still a high quality goalkeeper, who deserved a better chance than he was given at Tottenham with Robinson. He should be able to do the job in Germany.

Any details given for the contract?

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isaac said:
Good for Kasey. He's still a high quality goalkeeper, who deserved a better chance than he was given at Tottenham with Robinson. He should be able to do the job in Germany.

Any details given for the contract?
He was given an 18 month contract personal terms only.

I thought Spurs treated him well. Face it he had a bad year last year and Robinson is the future and has been playing well. They sent him out on loan to Southampton where he didnt play well either and wasnt offered a contract. Spurs gave him a release to play in the German league.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Ah hes at the end of his run

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BLAQUEST said:
Ah hes at the end of his run
I watched his match this weekend on FSW, there was a shot that was going wide nad he scurried over to guide it out and he fell over. I guess to him it looked like it might go in so he started to crawl on his knees to cover it but never got there. Looked kind of sad. Now Im not sure it was because of rust, but he should think about calling it quits and comming home to train young lads.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Keller , Friedel r declining..howard is a mess :yuck:

Brad , Cronin , and Kiki are next to take over! Pass da torch!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts