Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****, **** ,**** are benfica mad i know youre all probably celebrating but i cant beleieve it is that ****ing twat heynckes mad i mean even if he was to go we could have got a lot of money for him but for ****ing free.
I so badly hope pinto goes and and is the best player in euro 2000 and it would serve heynckes right if pinto went to sporting.
Heynckes is a ****ing prick and if he gets a foreigner to replace him i will want to ****ing kill him!!!!!!
In fact I want to kill the ****ing prick now!!!

[This message has been edited by SLB (edited 04-06-2000).]

·
Registered
595 Posts
unbelievable...
This reminds me of Artur Jorge's remodelations. But then Benfica had been champion with Toni, while last year they didn't win anything.
I know it must be hard for JVP fans, but calm down, life goes on. Let's just see how Benfica will play.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What the ****, I can't believe what I just read!! JVA and this coach are a bunch of morons. I am at a loss for words!!!! All that comes to mind are vular adjectives which fit the personalities of the men responsible for this travesty! I hope he goes to Spain or Italy and kicks ASS!!!!!!

VIVA o JOAO PINTO FOREVER!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Are you serious???

I know that a lot of people don't like him, but what the heck. I can't believe it. :(

Soon Benfica won't have any players in the national team...

I am not liking this.

I just saw it on the news...unbelievable.
Now I am pissed off :( :(

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When JVA came to power at benfica one of his main manifestos was Pinto was inegotiable and critisced damasio for trying to sell him for 4 million contos, o.k 4 million contos might have been acceptable for him to leave but for ****ing free, are we so rich that we can let a man worth 2 million contos go for free.
One of his other manifestos was that he wanted the core of the team to be based on the national team that now leaves one and no doubt if JVA or heynckes have the chance they will be trying to free transfer gomes or hey why stop at free transfer why doesnt JVA pay sporting to have Nuno gomes I mean we are rolling in it after all.
O.k JVP hasnt been his past self and although i still wouldnt agree with it i would gave minded less if he was sold but free transfer!!
Heynckes makes souness look like a world class manager.
and JVA makes a ****ing fish look clever.

I am speechless I have a lump in my throat and my eyes are all watery, yes benfica will go on after pinto but pinto was a symbol of the current benfica team and will remain in the history of benfica and i will always remember the day he scored a hat-rick and Benfica beat sporting 6-3.

[This message has been edited by SLB (edited 04-06-2000).]

·
Registered
313 Posts
I agree with SLB. If this had happened 2 Nuno Gomes i think i would cry. Joao Pinto was a symbol of SLBenfica and all of a sudden they Kick him out.. WTF is going at Benfica... I unfortunatly i am not in portugal but if i was and i saw JVA or Heynckes i would shoot them... JVa and Heynckes LEAVE AND JOAO PINTO COMES BACK!!!

VIVA O BENFICA
VIVA O GLORIOSO

·
International
5,629 Posts
Are you people mad?? Who would buy JVP at his current contract???

You don't think Benfica tried to make a buck on their investment...There are no takers for JVP at his current salary, and he of course would not take a pay cut to stay so they cut him and his draining salary! BRAVO BENFICA!

I can understand if he played well in the last two years to deserve what he's been getting paid, but the fact still remains that Benfica has won nothing since the "golden boy" has arrived and he's been atrocious this past year....so please let's look at this from a realistic view, and not from a brain washed view that claims he's the best Portuguese player. HE's NOT!

WHy should a JVP make more than a FIGO???

Does that make any sense????

BRAVO HEYNCKES AND JVA!

ps Heynckes told JVP at the beginning of the season that Benfica needed at least 10 goals from him....HE DELIVERS 3!

·
Registered
646 Posts
There is a serious case of flawed logic here.

You can't just cut players in football and get out of paying their contract.

Unless there is a specific clause Benfica still have to pay out ALL the wages owed to JVP until 2004.

IF there is a clause there will be a buyout penalty. Benfica will have to buy out his contract at say $4m. Of course JVA could go down the Souness route and operate illegally by just not paying him.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Santa, I don't like repeating myself, but in this case since you did, I will tell you again....THE CONTRACT WAS MUTUALLY RESCINDED.

This means, no buy-out clause, no transfer fee, no salary guarantees, no NOTHING!

JVP is FREE as is BENFICA!

It was the only way to get rid of his salary, if he didn't take a paycut, which apparently didn't want.

GREAT FINANCIAL DECISION BY BENFICA!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Redeagle are u JVA in disguise r u one of his a million brothers or cousins or has he paid u?
How the hell can u justufy a player worth 1 to 2 millon contos being free transfered, being sold i could just about agree with although i would still strongly disagree but to free transfer him is just stupid.
Yes he did have high wages but no more than bossio, rojas and chano put together but i see they are still staying.
Many european clubs have shown interest in him and only just over a year ago he was wanted by coruna, not that much time ago.
P.S the contract being mutally rescinded means he is still getting money.
I personally cant see the point of throwing 1 to 2 million contos away but if u and JVA can. keep working on that maths.
P.P.S In englands current squad they have a player called nick barmby who used to be good like pinto but he lost his form for the last 3 or 4 years but he has returned to excellent form and is likely to earn a starting place, so if he can i really couldnt see why pinto couldnt.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Couldn't agree more with you SLB. Also in england Shearer clashed with Guillet, shearer form clearly suffered. Once guillet left in disgrace shearer was reinvigorated and scored 30 goals. I believe pinto and heynckes never got on and heynckes (and possibly JVA) resented pinto's popularity and influence. It's obvious heynckes went to JVA and said it's him or me, i think it's more about personalities than money.

when heynckes goes in the next year you're gonna regret this.

·
International
5,629 Posts
SLB, you're a Benfiquista and you are clearly in love with JVP so I'll take it easy.

First you sound like a Portista and a Sportinguista always pointing out the negatives of our great club. But that's neither here or there.

If JVA could have sold Pinto he would have. The man may be many things but he's not that stupid. THERE WERE NO TAKERS FOR JVP TO BUY HIS EXPENSIVE CONTRACT!

Secondly, BENFICA WILL NOT CONTINUE TO PAY HIS WAGES. IT's part of the MUTUAL RESCINDING agreement.

Thirdly, I do hope he regains his form and soon, particularly in EURO. He was a great player for Benfica, but in the last two years he has not delivered the goods to justify his salary!

Fourth, don't let your love for a player blind you to the realities of the club. Not having his salary allows for flexibility in getting young talent.

Lastly, I wish I was getting paid for defending Benfica in this decision, I just think the club is more important than the player, maybe you should write JVA for my cause. :)

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O.k firstly by rescinding his contract benfica will stop paying his wages but will have paid pinto a lump sum otherwise he wouldnt have agreed to being free transfers.
Secondly I very much doubt that heynckes will get a young portuguese talent and he probably wont get a young talent full stop but correct me at the start of the season if I am wrong.
Thirdly no pinto is not bigger than the club but no player who has served a club for 8 years desreves the treatment he has got.
Fourth yes JVA is that stupid, he could have easily found a buyer for jvp I believe that clubs would have paid in between 1 and 2 million contos for him probably nearer to one though but clubs would still have paid.
Fifth this thing about his wage is totally been blown out of propoertion yes he does have high wages but if he went to spain or italy his wages would be relitavely low compared to what they earn.
6 if it was the case that no body would buy him why didnt they wait until after the euro as then if he had had a good euro clubs would have been interested in him.
7 Coruna last year were prepared to offer 1 million contos plus pauleta for pinto, now pinto may have dropped in value but nor that much.
8 our club has been great but with jva in charge it is almost impossible to be great, I hope i am wrong next season but we will see.

·
International
5,629 Posts
BENFICA4EVA, my sentiments exactly!

VIVA O BENFICA!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts