Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You know what Juve's real problem is. It is not Capello or Ibrahimovic, at least not more than the whole board of directors (the triad).

The real problem is that they don't have a players like mancini who used to supply other players with balls, they don't have a player like baggio or simply like Totti. Yeah, they have a Del Piero but he is not someone that can have great games in and out. At least, i have been following him and don't think that he is capable of that. But i have to admit that his communication with other players is superb.
Totti will not come with Juventus, so we are not left with much choice. We need a playmaker or a forward that can feed the striker(s).

Now it is the job of moggi and company to fix this problem. And this is the reason why we are knocked out of the champions league.
Who could sub Nedved, Camoranesi, or Trezeguet? Who could sub Viera?

Juventus has to invest, especially in a playmaker.

Nedved today wanted to win that match, and i wouldn't care if they all got sent off as long as they wanted the win that match as much as nedved.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
what we need is an out and out playmaker...maybe rosicky would be a good aquisition?? he's been trying to find a way out of dortmund and nedved plays for juve so it could definitely be an ideal transfer for him?

riquelme? or even aimar maybe as abstar said?

or maybe even that aguero kid if he turns out to be a solid long term investment..bottom line is we have no creativity in the midfield and we need a model playmaker to fill that role

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Gerrard would be good given your system. Aimar would be good if you were willing to move to a 4-3-1-2 system.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Riquelme/Aimar/Cassano if you could get him fit and playing well....

Also you had Miccoli and let him go just because you benched him so mch and when he did play you expect him to be sharp. Miccoli is exactly the type of player you need... quick, explosive, big shot from anywhere and good assist player.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The only reason we don't have any of those players you are talking about is because Capello didn't buy any of them. He has had money to invest in the team and has molded it to his own tactics.. this is his team and no one else.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Mirza said:
Gerrard might come to Juve,that would be real nice
That wont happen. No reason why Liverpoo would let him go. But if he does join Juve, that could be deadly.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Cassano is great, but he's very similar to Ibrahimovic in the point that he also misses a lot, and he is a support striker, not a midfielder.

I like Van der Vaart. Aimar would also be interesting.

Riquelme may be very slow to Italian football.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
1. playmaker is required as many have mentioned. a player like gerrard isnt enough, we need to replace Zidane, after so many seasons, we still miss that creative player.
2. pace, pace and pace...we lack so much pace in the team. Marchionni is the first addition, others are needed.
3. Need to tighten up that defence again. Thuram needs to be replaced and we need to find a good right back.
4. Coach- we just need capello to start making this team play football OR we need to replace him.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
eringi said:
The only reason we don't have any of those players you are talking about is because Capello didn't buy any of them. He has had money to invest in the team and has molded it to his own tactics.. this is his team and no one else.
hopefully even Capello realizes you have to score a goal to advance in the CL knockout rounds.

Shots in the Arsenal matches:
Juve - Arsenal
on target: 1 and 3 to 8 and 7
shots wide: 2 and 3 to 5 and 2

so in 2 matches, we had 4 shots on target, 5 wide, NINE TOTAL. Pathetic. It calls for improvement in attack, as ball possession wasnt the problem when we couldnt create a decent number of chances in 180 minutes of play.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
Cassano is great, but he's very similar to Ibrahimovic in the point that he also misses a lot

Cassano is different with Zlatan, he isn"t misses a lot.... he is similar with Totti. Cassano can play attaking midfielder,Support striker,Even if One-top striker. Simply more versatile
Are you remember most of roma fans said after 03/04 "Cassano will be overtake Totti in 2 years"

Cassano,Requelme are will be answer.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deano said:
Riquelme/Aimar/Cassano if you could get him fit and playing well....

Also you had Miccoli and let him go just because you benched him so mch and when he did play you expect him to be sharp. Miccoli is exactly the type of player you need... quick, explosive, big shot from anywhere and good assist player.
thats absolutley true. I never wanted Miccoli to leave. I also like mutu when he plays for Romania, somone did say that he is more of a free role there and i think thats how he should be used. He would be much better in Del Pieros position.

We may use the wings to attack but with Nedved aging i don't know how long it might be. I think that somone like Riquelme would be nice to have in the center.

If Chelsea want Nedved, then we should perhaps take Robben. If Chelsea feels that Robben is that important to them, then perhaps we can get Duff who then should be pretty cheap since he is not a first team player.
I have always liked duff because he plays strong and makes good runs down the line.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh wait, i almost forgot, Liverani would also be something that we are looking for.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AS_Roma83 said:
VDV from Hamburg could work, hes pretty creative and has great technique, like Del
Piero
i like VanDerVaart, but i am not sure how he would adapt to Serie A (he could be great, but i just cant imagine it). I question his defensive qualities though. But then again, i am one of those people that believes that in order to have the best attack, you need to have the best defense.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i doubt chelsea would swap robben for nedved, maybe 2 years ago but not now considering neddy is nearing the end.

we cant expect to have a player like duff on the left, a right winger whether it be camo or marchionni as well as a playmaker and emerson and vieira. that just wont work for the team, especially with trezeguet who needs a support striker.

Once again, it comes down to what capello wants. if he is going to stick with this 4 flat midfield, then we need a left winger like duff, vicente, robben or who ever else.

but if a playmaker is to come in, then zambrotta needs to take that left wing alone.

unless vieira or emerson leave, then maybe something can be changed, but that wont happen imo.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
RoBi said:
i like VanDerVaart, but i am not sure how he would adapt to Serie A (he could be great, but i just cant imagine it). I question his defensive qualities though. But then again, i am one of those people that believes that in order to have the best attack, you need to have the best defense.
Well say a 4-3-3 is the formation.

Camoranesi---Emerson--Vieira

-------Ibrahimovich------Van Der Vaart
--------------------Trez

Who knows though, i figure he can just play with Trez up front if Del Piero is no longer playing.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now that i am thinking more about this i think liverani would be perfect instead of Vieira.

.............TRNSF1.........Trezeguet............

Trnsf2........Trnsf3....Emerson...........Marchioni..

Zambrotta......Canna.......Kovac......Chiellini....

.........................Buffon.............................

TRSF1 = Cassano, Ibrahimovic or Del Piero

TRSF2 = Stankovic, Duff, Seedorf or Nedved

TRSF3 = Liverani, Riquelme, De Rossi or Viera

basically = first choice, second choice, thirdchoice or original players

1 - 20 of 30 Posts