Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we remembered Zidane the season before Juventus bought him, he was playing for Bordeaux (is it so? Don't know its Boudeaux or Marseille). Then they lost in the UEFA cup final . Thereafter Juve signed him quite cheaply, compared to some transfers nowadays.

Currently Dortmund looks set to go to the UEFA cup final. No matter whether they win or not, they have an interesting playmaker in their squad. He's Tomas Rosicky. He is a really good player. Great dribbling skills, good pace, good passing plus guile in it, a team player. Juve has been linked with Veron recently, but maybe its better not to go for him. Buy a player that is more promising than established. Go check out Rosicky. He might be what Juve can employ. The next Juventus playmaker?

Currently, the transfers that are related to Juventus seemed to be about players who are less known but very promising and very importantly, less costly. This could be the direction that Juventus is taking. Buy in promising talents and not or less of the big names. Promising ones cost less and can be developed into stars. Hope van Buyton can become a really great Juve player.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Zidane indeed played for les Girondins de Bordeaux. Everyone had this name on their lips back then in France. Yup, already! ;)

He had a tremendous season with the French club, but unfortunately, when their time came, they were not up to the task and got destroyed by Bayern Munich. Then came the EURO96 in England where French people had great expectations on their NT which was led by the two Juventus stars, the established Deschamps and the young talent Zidane, promised to the Italian #1 club who had just won the Champion's League. A transfer fee of $ 6-7m had been agreed on between Moggi and Bordeaux's official whose name I just forgot ( well that was bad business... for Bordeaux! :D ). France was eliminated in the semis against Czech Republic but Zizou impressed.

That was just for the record since I've know Zidane way before he joined Juve.

Tomas Rosicky is a great player indeed, cc. Not that unknown btw. I'm sure he could partner Nedved pretty well in midfield and I'm for his transfer. However, his name has never been mentioned before and I don't think juve's officials are really considering him and perhaps we should also ask the interested what he thinks about it. Borussia is a great club, not as great as Juve, but still a great club and maybe he has no intention to move away from Germany.

But the arrival of a midfielder implies that we get back to last Zidane's era tactics (3-5-2) whereas Lippi is busy trying to develop a tactical scheme without true playmaker and with wingers.

It's one thing or another, eh! ;)

I don't want to see Veron landing in the summer but I'm making myself no worries as quite frankly it just appears to me as an umpteenth stupid rumour, nothing more.

Oh and about Van Buyten, I know him very well for sharing the same nationality and believe me, althought he has some undeniable qualities (he's good at heading and marking) he's not Juve material. Too slow, too clumsy and some awful passing. Just ask kcII, he wouldn't be an improvement.

Ciao. :)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I really don't see Rosicky beeing cheaper then any of Riquelme or D'Allesandro. Quite a bit more expensive probably.
He was the most expensive bundesliga player ever when Dortmund bought him, and he's been performing great for them. Since Dortmund is back in the european top they will try to hold onto Rosicky for as long as they possibly can.

About Juve's formation next season a 3-5-2 formation would be logic in a few reasons. First of all, there aren't many quality fullbacks in your team. Pessotto does the job and Zenoni has some quality, but neither are great. And the rest is best unmentioned.
A 3-man defence consisting of Thuram-Tudor-Iuliano/Fresi/Ferrara/whoever is pretty solid. I think Zambrotta would come to his right (no pun intended) to, as his hardwork comes to beter use and his lack of finesse isn't exposed as much.
A question would be where to put Nedved. I don't think he would get to play in the hole, as a proper "playmaker" will get bought for this position. Maybe he could get a place as centralmidfielder?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Na man. Rosicky 4 Juve! Won't happen, & I don't want it 2 happen! He's around Piero's height so he'll get ****ed in Serie A. If we need someone in the Playmaker role he should be tall and not a some poofy tich:D don't matter about his skill and ****! Check Ortega(He is no. 1 at dribbling) when he was at Samp. The midget was shown no mercy and found it very hard 2 shine! Zidane(magicmonk) on the other hand could hold his own in his hectic role because of his big presence! Italy is rough and so is the footie in Argentina! I wanna see Riquelme without a doubt hes got the skill and strength to match and is a good passer but everyone can pass a flippin ball if they're pro. Man needs to be strong not a *****:cool: The other kid,D'Allesandro has great skill also but is 2 little.:cool:
EZ

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Most definitely, Tommy. :)

Rosicky would cost us as many bucks as D'Alessandro (last estimation was $ 16m) and possibly Riquelme too. Although it calmed down a bit, there still crisis raging out there in Argentina and club presidents are probably resigned to see their pearls leaving in the summer in quest of fame and loads of money.

The most likely UEFA final for Borussia will be Rosicky's opportunity to show himself in front of the whole world and his already high market value is likely to inflate. And the way transfer fees are becoming undecent these days among European giants in general and in Italy (Mutu's example is revealing) in particular, we can expect everything...

Onto the tactical issue...

The 3-5-2 has my preference too. But since Lippi has started with totally changing the way Juve played under Zidane's era, and that those changes might have costed us a lot, kinda test bigger than life, I expect him to continue in this very way, What looked liked experimental tactical schemes this season will most probably be our definitive one's next year.

All our strategy will depend on this summer transfers.

If we can get some decent leftback (Coco-Zauri-Chivu), the 4men backline could be great (Thuram is amazing as a rightback). Meaning we could have an attractive (and probaly world's best) backline with the likes of Thuram-Nesta/Canna-Tudor-Coco/Chivu/Zauri with some valuable cover: Ferrara, Iuliano, Pessotto, Zenoni, Fresi.

In midfield, Nedved has well settled in that central free role, he's been easily our MVP of this seond part of the season. I doubt Lippi would risk to break the chemistry after struggling that much to make him fit in his plans as he was lousy on the left, like it was first intended. I have no clue how he would react in central midfield behind a true playmaker, but frankly I don't think that's the backbone of our problems. A guy like Doni on the left (even if it's not his usual position) would be great, Vicente even better but Doni is way more likely. Zambrotta has to improve on the right flank, I know he can do it. I hope Davids will stay because we need such a fighter in central defensive midfield, he's unique.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
If i had to choose from rosicky, riquelme and d'allessandro, i would choose rosicky for many reasons.

1. he is cheaper than the other two, riquelme and d'allessandro are very highly rated and them being argentine means big bucks.
2. with nedved being at the club, we would have better chance of signing him.
3. barcelona and the other big clubs want the other two players which means that their prices will only increase.
4. he has experience in europe and has proven that he can play great at the top level in germany, europe and for his national team.

for all those reasons i believe he should be the man.

buffon
thuram nesta tudor coco
zambrotta davids nedved
rosicky
trez del piero

brilliant team for me.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
CUG, yes, I would pick Rosicky too. He is a cheaper player ...and not only because of his price. Also he has already proven himself in Europe and has recommended himself as an extremely talented playmaker. He has a bright future, and I would to see his brightness shining in Juve team.
And about your line-up, well it might be good on a paper, but still after seeing Nedved playing on the flank at the beginning of the season, and I want to see it again as it was disgusting and horrible. Nedved is 100% central player...well maybe not 100 but at least 80%.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
CUG said:
1. he is cheaper than the other two, riquelme and d'allessandro are very highly rated and them being argentine means big bucks.
So I guess you disagree with my previous post...
Argentina is in crisis while Rosicky, whose contract with Borussia Dortmund is quite expensive, will have all the time in the world to showoff in the UEFA Cup final for those who don't know him yet.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nyuka: What do you mean with Nedved is a central player?? He can play central, yes, but it was on the left he was playing at Lazio and he did pretty good there I'd say. True that he was crap on the left in Juve, but that will change if he get's time and a new chance there.

About Rosicky's price, I think we had allready got past that. As steph said, Dortmund has a much greater economy then both Boca and River. They don't have the need to sell their best players to survive. They are after a couple of years in the shadow of Bayern back in the european top with a young and very competitive team. You bet they arn't satisfied with that. No way that they want to sell one of their keyplayers for years to come. There was a rumour a couple of months ago that Inter wanted to buy Rosicky for $ 40 m. Now I know that this is a complete bull rumour, but it gives a hint about Rosicky's potential.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i think that get Rosicky is not very difficult.his salary is very low, as i know much lower than koller,the clumsy ,slow crap.juventus can use high wage to cajole him and the worst result is that Dortmund has to raise his salary and the climate of the team won't be good:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
actually juventus has good relation with Dortmund :depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
enola, Nedved was given enough time to adapt, but he failed to prove himself as a flank player. But in central midfield he looks pretty good.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nyuka: Yes in Juve your right, but when Nedved played in Lazio he was the best leftmidfielder in the league so I don't see why you call him a 80% centralplayer. It's on the left he has made his current reputation.
It's like calling Giggs an attacker.

Even if Nedved failed on the left in Juve, you can't deny that he is a great leftmidfielder? It's not that he lost all his ability to play there the minute he came to Juve, it's just that he hasn't found the form he had there when he played in Lazio.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Enole, please, don't tell that u didn't understand what I ment here.
I was talking about his game in Juventus, and Juve's type of game is not the same as Lazio's.
So in Juventus the role of central midfielder suits him more rather than a flank player.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's Rosicky's biography as provided by uefa.com:

==============================================
Tomás Rosicky
BV Borussia Dortmund outbid rivals FC Bayern München to pay AC Sparta Praha €13.3m for one of the most highly-rated youngsters in Europe. For one so young, he shows remarkable maturity and composure and allied to his speed, creativity and technical ability, he looks sure to be a star in the Bundesliga for the length of his five-and-a-half year contract. International caps and club honours came his way soon after breaking into the Sparta team. He was a surprise call up to the squad for the 2000 UEFA European Championships and despite coming up against the cream of European football he looked very much at home. It put clubs in England, France, Spain and Italy on his trail but most interest came from the Bundesliga and with Sparta's history of selling players to Germany it was no surprise when Dortmund unveiled him as their new star.

Since his 1st transfer fee was 13.3m pounds from Prague, perhaps his next transfer price might be 22m pounds if he shone brilliantly for Dormund before changing clubs. But i think a negotiation for 18m pounds might be good.

Anyway, we're just speculating groundlessly here and having fun with some fantasies of which footballers we like and who we can dream of playing in a Juve shirt. It's always a great mystery as to who Juve will really buy. We fans almost never seem to guess right. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nyuka: Your probably right about Nedved in Juve, but when you said that Nedved is more of a central player then left I thought you meant generally and not just in Juve.

And I still don't think Dortmund will let Rosicky go for anything else then a superbid. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
nedved can play the left role again at juve. he failed there due to lippi not playing an attacking midfielder in the middle. nedved had veron at lazio and he could work well cuz he new that he had help to attack etc...at juve, he had tacchinardi and tudor in the middle. it just didnt suit neddy at all playing on the left. there was no drive or attacking football for him to run onto etc...

if we get rosicky who plays with him in the NT team and they link up well, he can perform well again. not to mention that if we do get a player like coco, we can revert back to a 3 man defence and maybe have the team looking like this:

thuram nesta tudor
zambrotta davids nedved coco
rosicky
trez DP

that way, neddy is still in the middle and attacking while davids defends.

even if rosicky costs the same as riquelme and d'allessandro, at least we know he has proven himself at all levels. he would be the smarter the choice between the three!

and river plate and boca can ask for as much as they want, they know that Barcelona, real madrid, lazio, milan and juve will pay as much as they can which is a lot for all those clubs to get those players. they rated like gods already and they havent even played at the highest levels of football.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
CUG, save your energy trying to convince us with your arguments! A name has been thrown into the discussion, this is just the wish of a supporter and probably not likely to ever happen. But somehow you keep on searching for more reasons to buy him, as if we were Moggi! :D;)

centrocampista said:
Anyway, we're just speculating groundlessly here and having fun with some fantasies of which footballers we like and who we can dream of playing in a Juve shirt. It's always a great mystery as to who Juve will really buy. We fans almost never seem to guess right. :rolleyes:
Respect to you, cc ! You summarized my thoughts better anyone else! ;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh oh.....The following rumour is posted on Calciomercato.com.
So we're not day dreaming here???
Rassegna Stampa

10:22 09/04 La Juventus punta su Rosicky (Corriere dello Sport)

Il club bianconero si e' fortemente interessato al talentuoso centrocampista ceko Rosicky: si tratta. Il Borussia vorrebbe 30 milioni di Euro, se il prezzo scende si puo' fare.
(Corriere dello Sport)

Hee Hee :tongue:

But then, what about Maresca? Can he be an intern to another playmaker until a few more years later or what? Or can he play in the centre defensive mid position like he did versus deportivo in Turin?

What then about AC Milan's young Italian unsettled playmaker, Andrea Pirlo? He can dish out assists beautifully, an aggressive dribbler and very good in set pieces (he just scored a beauty of a free kick 1 or 2 games back in serie a). Won't he also be good for Juventus as he's currently the U21 captain? What's more, he's Italian.
:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts