Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that Juventus's problem this season is the attack and a lack of solution for Nedved. I would also cite Capello's resistence for rotation as another issue.

If you look at our strikers: Del Piero, Zlatan, Trezeguet and Zalayeta. Basically I have concluded that Trezeguet is the only really reliable goal scorer and unfortunately he has had a very injury interupted season.

Del Piero has also been disturbed by injuries and his form until very late has been dissapointing to say the least.

Zalayeta has not had enough playing time for him to establish any momentum.

Zlatan, in my view, is extremely talented BUT you can see that he hasn't quite matured yet. He has a tendency to do too much with the ball and his cutting edge in front of goal has dissapointed me a little.

Juve under capello is based under solidity in defence and midfield. In such a system, you need cynical strikers who take full advantage of their opportunities.

It is interesting to see that Juve tends to play quite well when they play with 3 up-front. This seems to be the only system that has effectiveness when Nedved is either unavailable or having a bad day.

I suggest that against Real, we must play to our strengths and not play to Real's strengths. Real perhaps have a more creative midfield and they have good strikers too but their defence sucks and frankly, we did not exploit that weakness enough in the 1st game.

In the absence of Nedved, we should play like this in Turin:

----------------Buffon-------------

Zebina---Thuram---Canna----------
----------------------------Zambro
------Camo---Emerson---Blasi

----Ibrahimovic---------Del Piero----
--------------Trezeguet------------

Real's central defence does not cope well to an ariel threat and Trezeguet is ideal to exploit that (Zlatan for some reason does not score that often with his head). Del Piero's good form of late make me feel more comfident when he comes up against Salgado and in this system, I think it brings out DP's best as he likes playing forward on the left while using Zambro as the overlap.

Nedved could be ready to play against Real but I would rather have him come on in the second half.

JUVE HAVE TO LEARN TO PLAY FOOTBALL WITHOUT NEDVED AND WIN!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well I think about the three man attacking too. Probably we will need to attack from the start against Madrid. Bypass their midfield to their defence. We can make use of high balls to cause confusion between the defenders and see if any of our foxes out in the box can poaches any goals.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
we have no choice but to attack. we cant afford to score a goal in the last 10 mins of the game.

del piero, zlatan and trezeguet would be fine by me...especially if all find form in the game.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Now that looks like a line-up that could see us get through.

Don't forget that we have no Blasi (suspended) for wednesday night's clash. Tacchi will no doubt replace him.

·
Administrator
53,107 Posts
I would love to see that line-up too,and its quite likely we will.But the formation and tactic is secondary to what kind of attitude we will have,we have to want,and willing to risk attacking,pressuring up high.

Even if I feel that some people were quite harsh on Blasi after the Real game,I'm happy that he is suspended for the game and that Tacchi will be replacing him.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Catenaccio said:
I believe that Juventus's problem this season is the attack and a lack of solution for Nedved. I would also cite Capello's resistence for rotation as another issue.

If you look at our strikers: Del Piero, Zlatan, Trezeguet and Zalayeta. Basically I have concluded that Trezeguet is the only really reliable goal scorer and unfortunately he has had a very injury interupted season.
Couldn't be more off,dude :)

Our midfield is the problem. Even when Nedved was playing, there was no creation. The only time you can blame the strikers is when they don't put away their chances. Our strikers have had to fend for themselves lately. Can you take a guess at how many assists Nedved has had this season both in Serie A and the CL? A Whopping 2!
Compare this number to the monkey's assists at Roma and Kaka's at Milan... you'll find there's a problem.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Kthx.

Catennacio's notion that Trezeguet is our only reliable goalscorer is not groundless. Over the years I have seen that Del Piero's (honestly I am not picking on him for the sake of picking on him) finishing leaves more to be desired. He does disappoint in front of the goal especially in bigger games.

Zlatan - well he doesn't really have a great scoring record anyway.

Having said that, I fully concur with you that our mid-field lacks creativity - sometimes, á la lask weeks Charmatain game, it's painful to watch our mid-field. That doesn't mean we are not capable of creativity, becuase we are. Our game plan has to change, we need a faster tempo, upbeat approach to the game.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
kthx said:
Couldn't be more off,dude :)

Our midfield is the problem. Even when Nedved was playing, there was no creation. The only time you can blame the strikers is when they don't put away their chances. Our strikers have had to fend for themselves lately. Can you take a guess at how many assists Nedved has had this season both in Serie A and the CL? A Whopping 2!
Compare this number to the monkey's assists at Roma and Kaka's at Milan... you'll find there's a problem.

very true. but in all honesty, did anyone think this was not going to happen when capello joined and introduced the solid 4-4-2 with no attacking midfielder. At least with lippi, he used nedved behind the forwards. not very creative but we were able to score many goals.

And i believe the mistkae made by Capello was to not continue playing olivera from the start of the season. in pre-season, he was proving to play well. yes he may be inexperienced but he has creativeness in his game and the only way he'll gain experience is by playing.

i wouldnt mind giving him a go with emerson or even trying nedved in the middle with emerson and olivera on the left. something has to give...we wont win anything if the team stays as it is.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Catenaccio said:
when he comes up against Salgado and in this system, I think it brings out DP's best as he likes playing forward on the left while using Zambro as the overlap.
Salgado won't be available for this game... exploiting Salgado's absence should be key for this game. Another critical point will be to find a replacement for Zebina. His horrible form means Juve will concede a goal and if that happens, it's probably over.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Juve should win this game, just to make a statement about Serie A, but they're not going any further, not with this team. It would be a great injustice if they did. But then, ofcourse Rubentus is all about trickery, controversy and injustice so who knows...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Paris said:
Zlatan - well he doesn't really have a great scoring record anyway.
And we all know why yesterday... 2-3 clear chances.. and the shooting was high to the moon (LITERALLY!). If only he could shoot half as good as he could dribble. :sigh:

gba said:
Another critical point will be to find a replacement for Zebina. His horrible form means Juve will concede a goal and if that happens, it's probably over.
Sorry gba, but against Madrid... Zebina was AMAZING! :star:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
zlatan really needs to improve. he gets in the right positions and he can create for himself, if he can better his finishing, he could really be one of the best strikers out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts