Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the fish is taken in! :) The "Corriere dello Sport" reports the news as official:
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/28322/Juve-Stendardo+ok,+caccia+a+Behrami
Lazio, in exchange, has asked for the half owning of Claudio Marchisio or Davide Lanzafame, both on loan from Juventus.
From the article, it is also written that Lazio are interested in Andrea Russotto, a product from Lazio youth team, who was forced by GEA to emigrate to the Swiss League at Bellinzona and now plays for Treviso. Hopefully his heart is still biancoceleste and could come back home.
Also, in the same report, Cobolli Gigli is thinking about taking Behrami to Juventus, a move that could be good for Lazio too, since Behrami going to play abroad may mean Lazio getting almost nothing from his move out.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
No way Juve, we want the previously mentioned 12 million for Stendardo! :D

Seriously, whatever we get for this guy will be welcome, excluding Nocerino . :)

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
What happened to the good old days when half our team was Argentinian. We used to actually win then.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Must be belated April fools. Everything we were to give you for him is too much.
Haha, it seems that the opinion of Juventus fans is not so different from Lazio ones about Guglielmo! :)

Anyway, seeing that Juventus will play in the Champions Cup next season, thus needing a big squad, I can see some reasons for Stendardo to stay.
And if Lotito and Sabatini manage to get the half owning of either
Marchisio or Lanzafame, I will be glad, even if half owning with Juventus looks more like a kind of loan than a real owning, since we all know who between Juventus and Lazio will offer more, if it comes to make a blind offer.

And Glen, we have still to make up for you giving us Kovacevic, you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I personally think that Stendardo was not that bad, He's not worst than Cribari, maybe sometimes better because this guy have a lot more spirit and passion than Cribari. The only thing he lacks only the speed, he couldn't chase player with pace, however it was happened when we lacked of fit defender, and he was playing with lil' bit injured so he became slower than he actually was. One thing that great from him was his header, he can score goals with it and since he's gone we conceded many goals from header like yesterday's game vs palermo.
SO i think Juventus decision to keep him is not bad at all considering they need depth for changing tactics and to cover so many games in CL next season. And maybe someday, if he become Juventus first team, I think he can be chosen in national team also..
Good luck Stendardo!! I wish you success where ever you play!!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
He lacks a lot more than speed, though...Stendardo was good for a stretch of 8 or 9 games last spring, scoring a couple of nice goals in the process. Other than that his limitations have been showing constantly. Plus he proved to be trouble in the dressing room.

An ok defender to have as a reserve, but the Italian national team would have to be pretty desperate to consider him.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
From Datasport.it http://www.datasport.it/leggi.aspx?id=5041041

Lazio: la Juventus chiede Stendardo

(AGM-DS) - 25/05/2008 11.06.43 - (AGM-DS) - Milano, 25 maggio - Continuano le trattative sull’asse Juventus-Lazio. La permanenza di Delio Rossi sulla panchina biancoceleste dà il via libera a Guglielmo Stendardo, attualmente in prestito alla squadra bianconera, con diritto di riscatto fissato a 12 milioni di euro. La cifra però verrà ridiscussa, con la Juventus pronta a offrire Lanzafame più 4 milioni di euro, mentre la Lazio chiederebbe Marchionni. In difesa invece spunta la pista Pratali.

(M. Bordignon, DTS)

---

Practically the article says that with Rossi remaining on Lazio bench, Stendardo's days at the Biancoceleste club are over. Juventus don't want to pay the price agreed for Stendardo's sale (12 million euro) and offered Lazio 4 millions + Lanzafame, whereas Lazio want Marchionni. I would take Lanzafame over marchionni, but maybe our management has still to read what Marchionni's agent has already said: "Marchionni doesn't want to go to Lazio". So...

On the other side, from goal.com

Marchisio is rated as one of the peninsula’s best up-and-coming midfielders, and he has impressed for the Italy Under-21s in the Toulon Tournament so far, scoring a stunning 30-yard half-volley to win the game against Turkey on Friday evening.

However the 22-year-old is highly likely to be sold by Juventus this summer, and Lazio have been strong linked with making a move.

“I have read and heard rumours that the Biancocelesti are interested in me,” Marchisio told the Corriere dello Sport.

“The first thing I thought was that if a great club like Lazio are chasing me then I must be playing well.

“Then I was just really proud because I can only be proud to be on the Aquile’s shopping list.

“I know that Delio Rossi is a very prepared Coach tactically and it would be great to play in his side.

“I have had a good season at Empoli and it would be a big step up to play in Rome.”

Marchisio made 26 appearances in Serie A this past season on loan at Empoli, however he could not prevent them from being relegated to Serie B.

---

Maybe our managers (there are still managers at Lazio???) have mistaken Marchionni for Marchisio...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts