Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bianconeri bid for Obodo Sunday 21 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina midfielder Chris Obodo admits he is among a list of potential buys for Juventus, which also includes Christian Panucci.

“I am not one of those players who loses concentration when he’s at the centre of transfer talk,” stated the young Nigerian. “In fact, to hear a big club like Juve is interested in me can only push me on to do even better.”

Obodo first hit the Serie A scene as a teenager with Perugia, but has really matured at the Stadio Artemio Franchi this season with strong performances and three stunning goals – including a 40-yard lob against Lecce.

“I am very happy in Florence and settled in immediately,” he told ‘Tuttosport’. “That’s why I would only think of moving on at the end of the season. Mind you, if Juventus called me then I’d happily go to Turin for such a great club.”

The Bianconeri are reportedly looking at three big name January signings to ensure their second string squad is every bit as competitive as the preferred eleven.

The disappointing 2-0 Coppa Italia defeat at Atalanta rang alarm bells and Fabio Capello is said to be eyeing up Lazio’s Simone Inzaghi, Udinese striker Vincenzo Iaquinta – also a target for Milan – and his old friend Christian Panucci.

The Roma defender has followed Capello to Milan, Real Madrid and the Giallorossi, while he would certainly be available for a transfer following his row with Coach Gigi Del Neri. Panucci was frozen out of the squad for several weeks as punishment and, although the situation has been resolved, he does not form part of his plans.

Instead, Del Neri would be overjoyed to have his former Chievo prodigy Nicola Legrottaglie back in the squad and Juve are content with this straight swap loan deal.

Other players set to leave Turin are Igor Tudor, Mark Iuliano and perhaps Alessandro Birindelli if Marek Jankulovski makes the move from Udinese.

This maybe means they don't want Maresca back. But losing Obodo would be terrible!

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Are they willing to sacrifice the rest of Miccoli, Maresca, Chiellini's contracts (or any of them) for Obodo?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
They already sacrificed those contracts when they sold half of the rights to us. I don't know how big loss Obodo would be but swapping him + some money with the remaining half of Miccoli, Maresca and Chiellini would be reasonable.

·
Registered
626 Posts
thats too much ..u cant be seriously considering him for money and add on to the remaining halves of 3 players ......the remaining halves of the 3 players alone would cost 10m....i think juve will mostly offer the remaining halves without any extra player or money

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree with Niko - that's what we should do. This is actually good news for us, I believe, because it could secure those three players, who are probably all better than Obodo.
However, remember that we only own 50% of Obodo as well! Perugia still retain 50% of him.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
man Obodo would be a great buy for us :)

he is indeed a great player with great skills (reminds me of Okocha).

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Capello also knows how to play Panucci...a Obodo/Panucci buy would be great for Juve and if we are able to cement the other contracts everyone is happy...

i would have thought Juve would look to Chiellini possibly?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Don't sell anyone Fiorentina are on a very Positive path to the future,And things look that Promising.Juve are Juve but players have to realise going to the Bianconeri won't be easy so they should try and establish themselves at the Proud Viola.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
True - but from what i've read, Obodo is seeing black n white; he's taken by the prospect. If we are able to lose him in order to gain 3 key players, i wouldnt be upset.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Sadly Jah the big clubs have the pulling power for obvious reasons,I hope Obodo remains at la viola though. ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
It would be great for Obodo to stay at Juventus but if it means that for him to leave Fiorentina they get Maresca, Miccoli and to the one who it mostly pertains to Chiellini, than I would say sell him. The three aformentioned want to stay or could be convinced to stay and if Obodo wants to move to Juventus then let him.

·
6,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are rumors saying that Fantini will be sold to Perugia in January and we'll get full ownership of Obodo. That means he probably stays with us for a while, or we either get a shitload for him if he leaves for Juventus next season.

Fantini out, Corradi and Cruz in?

:)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Schumy said:
Sadly Jah the big clubs have the pulling power for obvious reasons,I hope Obodo remains at la viola though. ;)
and Obodo has been caught up in it! i don't blame him, he see's the glamour of Turin and wants it, but yeah i hope he stays @ Fiorentina. IN THE VERY LEAST if he has to go, we should get something very concrete out of it, like the 3 contracts or a substantial sum.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Sometimes going to a bigger club is'nt the best thing to do,Players feel the Pressure and experience far to little playing time.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Sportnetwork:

Arsenal and Middlesbrough have been given the green light to sign Christian Obodo after Perugia chief Alessandro Gaucci has confirmed they will consider selling their half of his registration.

Gaucci said: "Our Perugia coaches discovered Obodo and it does not surprise us that he is doing so well in Florence.

"In Europe there are not many players of his value. But the market will determine his price.

"We have an excellent relationship with Fiorentina and we're confident that a deal will be reached that all three parties will be happy with."

Personally I am not convinced that Fiorentina will sell, he is a star, but he has hinted that he would like to come to the premiership, so maybe, I would be amazed if he didn't go to Arsenal should he move though.

----

I don't know what to make of that, heh.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
IMO he should clearly remain at Fiorentina,La Viola are a great club and going to Juventus may not be in his best Interest's to be honest.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts