Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekends game was a massive blow to our hopes of retaining the Scudetto......but we have to keep on fighting. We are Juventus....and that means NEVER DIE - NEVER GIVE UP! We must fight while there is life in us!

The victory against Inter will give us a morale boost and we should win by a comfortable margin (and I feel we will)

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Good news for this match: Montero will not play.

Bad new: I don't know what is in Lippi's head right now. It was said that Maresca was magnificent against Inter, hence he must play.

Whatever, I want Miccoli to play as well. I wouldn't rely on Del Piero even after he scored, cause he plays much better when he comes in as a sub. I don't know much about NEdved's form, but from Roma match I can say it was terrible.

Whatever, we must kick Reggina's ass. And victory is not only thing I need. I want beautiful, persuadive triumph.

FORZA JUVE!:cool: :strong:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Maresca was magnificent v Inter

I havent seen an Italian midfielder play like that since... will I dont know when...

juve to win 3-1

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Deano said:
Maresca was magnificent v Inter

I havent seen an Italian midfielder play like that since... will I dont know when...

juve to win 3-1
Well knowing Lippi, he'll be benched until the Coppa Italia final 1st leg, while Tacchinardi and Conte and Camoransei continue to play.

Good news for this match: Montero will not play.
:howler:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
right now, i think maresca and appiah should both be starting. i dont see any reason for tacchinardi and conte playing anymore. we conceed goals with or without an anchor so why not just utilise our best in midfield.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juve have Trez doubt Friday 13 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet may miss the Reggina game on Sunday. While Monaco¡¦s Sebastien Squillaci is eyeing a move to Juventus.

The French international picked up a thigh strain in last night¡¦s penalty shoot-out victory against Inter and he¡¦ll undergo tests today.

Trezeguet did finish the match but he was visibly struggling in the second period of extra time with a problem.

Croatian international Igor Tudor also limped off the field on Thursday. He was replaced just seconds after scoring the goal that made it 1-1.

Meanwhile, the highly rated Squillaci is still being linked with a move to the Italian champions in the summer.

The 23-year-old defender was recently watched by the Juventus triad of Antonio Giraudo, Roberto Bettega and Luciano Moggi.

"I was aware of their presence in the crowd but I didn¡¦t meet them," stated Squillaci, whose grandfather was born in Reggio Calabria.

"I know that Juventus have been looking at me for some time and that is very satisfying.

"But that hasn¡¦t changed my life. I need to just do my best for Monaco right now even if I would love to play in Italy."

channel4

=============

match preview: juventus - reggina...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/juv-reg.html

·
Registered
295 Posts
CUG said:
right now, i think maresca and appiah should both be starting. i dont see any reason for tacchinardi and conte playing anymore. we conceed goals with or without an anchor so why not just utilise our best in midfield.
I think that tacchinardi is better than appiah. Tacchinardi defence is better than appiah and both of them are not good in attack. So, we must play mersca with Tacc (or appiah) to add more creativity and attacking options.

I hope to see this line-up:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trez

Del piero Ned Micco

Meresca
Tacc

Zamb Ferrara Legro Thuram

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefere Conte to play in the italian cup as a sub.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Gianluca said:
Trez,Tudor,Camo and Montero won't play
then play:

Di Vaio instead of Trez

Micco instead of camo

Ferrara and Legro in the defence

------------

why camo won't play ?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
CaeSer said:
then play:

Di Vaio instead of Trez

Micco instead of camo

Ferrara and Legro in the defence

------------

why camo won't play ?
Injured...

What if we try DP and Miccoli at front?!Ferrara is a must,he was the best player in the defence Thursday.

Buffon
Zambrotta-Legro-Ferrara-Thuram
Appiah-Conte-Maresca
Nedved
DP-Miccoli

?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Id like to say congrats Tunisia. Inshallah at least one of these players will jon us this summer.

Hatem
Trabelsi
Ajax

Zied
Jaziri
Gazientspor

Both good players but my fav was a young winger from Morocco

Jaouao
Zairi
Sochaux

I think we can pull off a big win it depends. The star players have to play well. I would like Miccoli an DP to start. DV and DP just dont click. 3-1 to us.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
...........................BUFFON
THURAM...........LEGRO.......FERRARA.........ZAMB

MARESCA...............TACH................APPIAH

...........................NEDVED

DIVAIO........................................DEL PIERO

It would be nice to see Enzo where I have Tach and Miccoli where I have Enzo, but its not going to happen. Miccoli might also get the start as it has been mentioned that DP does better off the bench. I dont realy care as long as we FN win and play a good game!
FORZA JUVE!

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
Deka said:
...........................BUFFON
THURAM...........LEGRO.......FERRARA.........ZAMB

MARESCA...............TACH................APPIAH

...........................NEDVED

DIVAIO........................................DEL PIERO

It would be nice to see Enzo where I have Tach and Miccoli where I have Enzo, but its not going to happen. Miccoli might also get the start as it has been mentioned that DP does better off the bench. I dont realy care as long as we FN win and play a good game!
FORZA JUVE!
All is good, but shouldn't the wingers' positions be switched?

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
Juventus are in 3rd place with 20 games, won 13, tied 4, lost 3, scored 42, conceded 25(!), GD +17 and 43 points to their tally.

Reggina are 14th with 20 games, won 4, tied 9, lost 7, scored 18 conceded 30, GD -12 and 21 points.

After losing to Roma, and then this whole story of Juve not generating profits for 2003...things are looking down for Juve FC. Encouraged by their deserved Coppa Italia semi-final victory over Inter just a few days ago, Lippi will surely have some brand new ideas for this match, especially given the fact that Reggina are a little weakened Sunday night: they're missing Baiocco who's suspended, and acc. to Gazzetta, Di Michele is doubtful, while Nakamura is with his NT preparing for Asian WC preliminary qualifiers. Juve will have to watchout for ex-Parma hopeful, Emiliano Bonazzoli, despite him not being on target recently.

It took the Calabrese two PKs to beat Empoli last week, after they were on the 3 game losing streak. IMO, however, that win is only significant for their battle 'della salvezza'. So aside from Nakamura being their most dangerous man, I'd say beware of Cozza, Bonazzoli, that prancing Brazilian - Mozart......and this 22 year old called Stefano Dell'Acqua- scored a couple goals this season, looks a little promising. Stellone isn't the same 'Serie B hero' he was at Napoli.

JUVE:

The big change that most of the Juventini are eager too see is the introduction of MARESCA as a starter and KEY PLAYER for the team. He ran his ass off at the San Siro Thursday night, and really played his heart out. Miccoli also, contrary to the Roma match, was actually troubling their defence. In addition to Lippi playing his cards right (the introduction of DP and Nedved later on in the match), the 'second string' Juve lineup was able to construct attacks and maintain possession, but the only problem was.....yup, you guessed right: That cursed defense of ours which has conceded only five goals less than 14th placed Reggina!!!!!!!!! I can't decide whether to say Montero's suspension for this match is a *good* thing or bad, since given the stats his absence at the back shouldn't make much of a difference!! So who do we expect to do the dirty work at the back? Good ol' vintage 37 years Ciro Ferrara I mean no disrespect to the Calabrese here, but thank God this is *only* Reggina and not any other team. Iuliano is doubtful, while Birindelli is still out for a week or two....should be returning soon. Maybe Tudor will play at the back, though he did limp off the San Siro soon after he scored.

Midfield - I said it before I'll say it again! I don't wanna see Conte play anymore!!!!!! MARESCA MARESCA MARESCAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And sacrifice Tacchi FOR ONCE, let's enjoy the Appiah-Maresca partnership.....maybe Lippi can even field Maresca left wing which is the position he was training for this year! Nedved on the left is outta the question, and the main reason he struggled to fit in with Juve during the 1st half of 2001/02 season. Pessotto right wing...NO WAY. His presence was VERY unfelt in that position, Thursday night, hence his substitution. There's talk of Camoranesi being doubtful...a few question marks surrounding his status, anyone know anything? Appiah COULD play there, but I think Lippi prefers him as THE Davids replacement.

Up front, same as last week, I'm guessing Lippi will field DV-Trez and later on introduce Miccoli and DP.

here are the probable lineups from Channel 4:

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Thuram, Ferrara, Tudor, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Tacchinardi, Conte; Nedved; Del Piero, Trezeguet

Reggina (probable): Belardi; Comotto, Torrisi, Franceschini; Mesto, Mozart, Tedesco, Falsini; Cozza; Stellone, Bonazzoli

my prediction: JUVE 3-1 Reggina

1 - 20 of 108 Posts