Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The best performance for a very long time? I can't remember the last time we played this good. Wow!

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
@zoo Still think that? You been easily the better team so far.

We have a knack of making difficult for us all season. Just predictable and mundane possession football that goes nowhere most of the time, but gets narrow wins anyways.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Krunic is so much better than Kessie.

Juve will win but it's still nice to see a good performance.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Yes Osman. I have no doubt we will lose here. Have seen this a milion times. We couldn't win last season when you had nothing to play for and we were in a better form.

Expecting our game to drop significantly in the second half.

Kudos to Krunic for fighting, but him and Bennacer are on a yellow.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Ok we are getting dangerously overconfident right now. Krunic and Paqueta losing the ball trying to be too smart.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
What an awful game.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Now we are just needlessly throwing the ball away and we know what that usually leads to..

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Of course they score after Bonaventura missed an easy pass to put Leao through on goal.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Paqueta is tired...well we gave it a brave fight but their bench js dybala and douglas costa ffs!!

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
It's not even worth watching us lose every time vs these cheaters. At least it wasn't from a nonexistent penalty this time.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
4 points off relegation zone, gents!

Well spend the rest of the season like this, commending the good effort, while losing the game.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I think our improved form will be rewarded soon. Still some very avoidable mistakes(simple passing mistakes) needs to be ironed out.
Piatek have to be more clinical and again some of his ball control and passes are not up to standard. Still he looks more dangerous now.
Hakan is playing all right and hits target more often form both set pieces and shot outside the box.
Conti played a good game.
Paqueta should focus on his strenght which is his passing game. He is not able to dribble and run past players as he is not explosive enough.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Please where are the statisticians? This is our worst start since when? 1899? Or if we discount the "worst start after 7 matches" is this the "worst 5 matches after the worst 7 matches of the start of a season?"

·
Registered
12,153 Posts
Three questions

Did you approach Spalletti and pick Pioli over him, or did he reject you?

Do you guys still think it was Gatusso's and Juve's fault you didn't win scudetto in last however many seasons, or have you realized it's been the mgmt and poor transfers/squads?

Do you still think you can attract & sign WC players like Verratti, etc.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
We could have win it.
I am so surprised by the stats. Even Ronaldo was so frustrated that he left the stadium early

Many would have thought it will be walk in the park for Juve but no.
We played with a high defensive line. Conti was pleasantly not so shitty.

Ismael, what can I say about this young lad.
He is growing to be a word class player. Hope he continue on this path and it’s worthwhile that the management ponder and build the team around him.
Indeed GM is clueless putting him on the bench.

We lost but we don’t get humiliated as some of us predicted. Let build on from this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Just watched the replay. Fucking heart broken. This was there for the taking. We played well and arguably created better chances.

We need to replace the whole attack basically. Suso and Hakan way too inconsistent, but above all Piatek simply needs to take those easy chances like the one in the first hand. That is is job. You get a cross alone five meters from goal, fucking score it.

Of course then Juve score from a non-chance.

Again, it's encouraging to see the improvement, very clear by now that we are a lot better under Pioli. Bennacer looks extremely promising, Paqueta finally had a good game (even if both made bad mistakes at some points, both too casual with the ball), Krunic looks very decent, even Conti looked okay.

More importantly we looked like a football team -- something that has happened a lot more often under Pioli than under Giampaolo.

But if we don't win, we're fucked. And to win you need to score. And to score you need attacking players in form. Right now not a single Milan attacker look like they can score a goal. We have an alarmingly low number of goals from open play this season.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
4 points off relegation zone, gents!

Well spend the rest of the season like this, commending the good effort, while losing the game.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk
Well since Pioli is here.

When GP were just wondering wtf is that formation.

Also, we spent a lot of time fighting over Suso.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
aaahhhh **** I hate these games vs Juve and Inter

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
One of these days someone here will have the courage to call out Romagnoli. This was the second game in a row he caused us goals and we lost. That's apart from some inconsistent performances in some matches. Agreed he has been one of the few, two or three, who had been above average in this miserable campaign and cannot be expected to cover up for everyone at the back.

Conti had quite a great game. Surprised everyone with that performance.

Why must we play Piatek all the time? It's the same as playing Suso all the time because you feel he's the only "creator". Piatek has been poor and would continue on this path.

Suso, well, was just Suso last night. Nothing worthy to remember. Oh, yeah, sorry, he did that one trick cross that Piatek missed. Then disappeared for the rest of the night. Zilch.

Paqueta. When MG advised him to be less Brazilian, he complained and a lot of Milan backed him up. Last night we saw how useless those flashy tricks were. He killed many potential attacks and counters holding the ball attempting to be flashy and flamboyant, exposing the team to dangerous situations when he was dispossessed. But he was okay on the average.

Theo had a solid game. Improved his defending while at the same time bombing forward at every opportunity. Very good indeed.

Bennacer. Excellent game. Fast, tenacious, tireless. Misplaced some passes though and I noticed he has the tendency of doing that. But all in all had a great game.

Krunic. I don't know what to make of this guy. Certainly our midfield play improved with him instead of Kessie, but he has weakness of choosing the wrong pass/opinion especially on the final third. He should be given more playing time though.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Yeah Romagnoli has regressed a bit, but still okay in my book. Should have done better in their goal, but also Dybala still had a lot to do, I at least didn’t expect him to shoot so well with the right. The goal is on Roma, though, no question.

Can’t disagree about the others. The main one frustrating me tonight is Piatek though. His movement etc have looked better for sure under Pioli, but he simply needs to score the easy chances or else, being the kibd of player he is, he is a liability.

It’s different to Suso or Paqueta for example. As long as they put someone in a goalscoring position at least once, they did at least the crucial part of their job. In Piatek’s case, finish those chances. The rest are bonus or minuses, but every player has a crucial task. Piatek’s job is literally the one trick: score those headers and crosses. At least the easy ones. He is not doing it and costing us points. Not sure Leao is a real alternative for now, but I’d probably try him next game.

IMO it’s more and more clear betting all on a striker with one good season was a mistake. Leao looks promosing but he has literally less than 10 career goals. It was clear that selling Cutrone and Silva and not replacing them, if Piatek got injured or in bad form, we’d risk a lot. We basically need to pray he finds form. So far one open play goal.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts