Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Even though I'm sure they are just average players, I would have preferred keeping Locatelli and Cutrone in the squad. They played for the shirt and could motivate the rest to do the same. And especially since their replacements are maybe worst.

Also, we should have kept Bonucci and Higuain and showed some big club discipline.

Donna
Duarte Bonnuci Roma
Conti Locatelli Bennacer Theo
Paqueta/Hakan
Cutrone Higuain

And, yes we will lose this 100% and we'll do amateurish mistake on the way to losing yet again vs the cheaters.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Tempted to skip this one. We all know what will happen if we miraculously play well and are on the verge of a result.
Yeah me too. I'll most likely watch in the end, but will be be doing work or something while I do it.

Mostly curious about the tactical moves for now, and if we improve or show anything. I am really not expecting anything better than a two-goal difference defeat.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
It has gotten to the degree you dont even wanna watch your biggiest game of the season? Damn.

Hows Romagnoli doing this season?

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Our biggest match of the season will be when we secure permanence in Serie A, looks like.

Romagnoli has been below his level, like everybody in defense except Donnarumma. But he is still a pretty damn good defender all things considered, a lot better than any other CB we have. Most of the times when a ball is cleared from the box, it's him.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Permanence as in guranteed to avoid relegation? Tad melodramatic are we? :D

I ask about Roma because with Donna mainly only two I consider top level players. But I know a keeper does his thing no matter what, but curious to see how a quality CB functions or stands with team in disarray and coaching changes, a position that needs confidence and stability more then anyone else (just look at Bon looking stellar with safety net team unit compared to before with you).

Been too lazy to watch other Serie A teams besides couple Inter games, but kept up in terms of media circus. And I have to be honest and say I dont recall ever seeing a player get such a bizarre negative media and fan focus as much as Suso is lately with you. Odder still since he is an alright technical creative player still, not exactly a Sturaro or Borini.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Dude don't bring up Suso please. :D We all know our positions about him. He has been below his level this season, or in one of his common poor patches of form, but still relatively productive compared to the rest. However he's a polarizing guy and people don't like his style, and it's easy to see why too, so stats and arguments don't matter. Most fans just have it for him.

As for Serie B, it's half joking, but really only half. On paper of course this squad under Pioli (or Giampaolo really) should be more than enough to secure a top ten finish at the very least. The play has been improving a bit under Pioli. The play under Giampaolo was simply not first division football most of the time.

We're trapped in the spiral of lack of confidence. It's still early, but if we don't start winning games soon the whole vibe will be worse and worse and the crisis of confidence and the fans etc will hit a bottom. These things acquire their own dynamic and it's safe to say we're clicking several boxes, especially in the mental aspect. Better squads under better managers have collapsed.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Even though I'm sure they are just average players, I would have preferred keeping Locatelli and Cutrone in the squad. They played for the shirt and could motivate the rest to do the same. And especially since their replacements are maybe worst.

Also, we should have kept Bonucci and Higuain and showed some big club discipline.

Donna
Duarte Bonnuci Roma
Conti Locatelli Bennacer Theo
Paqueta/Hakan
Cutrone Higuain

And, yes we will lose this 100% and we'll do amateurish mistake on the way to losing yet again vs the cheaters.
Zoo, it’s water under the bridge. There will be many players that we shouldn’t let go like T Silva

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
BTW, Liverpool vs. City at 5.30 CEU time, while Juventus vs. Milan at 8.45 CEU time , well done Serie A, you don't need Asian viewers.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
What is disappointing is that this is one of the easiest games of the season for Juve ffs

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
It's Lazio all over again. We started surprisingly strong, creating chances and missing them. Like Lazio, Juve would come back to punish us.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
It's Lazio all over again. We started surprisingly strong, creating chances and missing them. Like Lazio, Juve would come back to punish us.
100%, and probably because of our reckless left back...

·
Registered
24,061 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Considering the opponent and place, probably the best half of the season. But as usual no goals yet. Piatek had a golden chance on a header.
But as we know Juve will probably score a couple past us in the start of the second half

21 - 40 of 73 Posts