Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cowards all of you....
All the past matches many of you would have opened the match thread way before the match days.

I have to shoulder the burden like how Suso has to carry the team.
No I am no one trick donkey
It has been my duty to open vs Jube matches for past few seasons. Record has been horrendous but who cares

We will stop their winning streak.
Piantek will score the winner. Ronaldo will be in Romagnoli pocket.

Forza Milan!!!
I have upload this photo to feel good

Asian Mojo. Missing DNA

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yeah, I see it vividly in my head - Suso will receive the ball. Feign right, shift left and...... turn right again to shootcross (or whatever are those things he does). The Juve defense would be caught unaware! Confusion! They expect him to shootcross on the left foot. Nah, good ol' Suso has another trick this time around. Right back to the right, and the ball flew past Bonucci, De Ligt. In my head I forgot who got the final touch. Maybe Piatek or a deflection from the Juve defense. Or maybe the shootcross didn't touch anyone, so anyway it's a Suso goal or assist. One more for the stat for future reference.

But there's talk of a 3-4-2-1 to bring back Rodriguez and Conti into the team.

-----------------Donna--------------
--Duarte - Romagnoli - Rodriguez--
-----Conti-Kessie-Bennacer-Theo---
------------Paqueta - Hakan-------------
--------------------Piatek---------------------

Looks intriguing. Certainly more solid defensively. But a little bit narrow. And the biggest problem, no room for the most talented player in the team, the savior! Look what happened last time we played without him. We lost, he wasn't there to bail us out. So we need to stick him somewhere even if we are playing this formation.

At the end of everything, Forza Milan!!

·
Administrator
11,236 Posts
Coach after coach use formations that have the CF isolated against every body from SPAL to Inter. What exactly is the point of putting the current form Piatek alone in a 4-3-3, 3-4-2-1 or any other like it? Hakan and Paqeuta will try shots which they will miss more often than not and Piatek loses the balls that do come his way immediately against 2 barely stretched opposition CDs.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where the heck is Rebic in the formation.
Drop the Kebab Bey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,036 Posts
I hate the new XT layout!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
3-4-2-1 might be better for us right now. More CBs, Caldara and Conti will get their preferred role.

3-4-2-1: Donnarumma; Duarte, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Calabria, Kessie, Paqueta, Theo; Suso, Calhanoglu; Piatek.

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
I have nothing in principle against 3 men defense... but any formation playing Rodriguez is unconvincing right now.

Just hope we don’t get battered here. Sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have nothing in principle against 3 men defense... but any formation playing Rodriguez is unconvincing right now.

Just hope we don’t get battered here. Sad state of affairs.
Theo would be on the same side to mitigate the disaster.

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
If we went with that formation I'd prefer to see:

Conti--Duarte--Musacchio--Romagnoli--Theo

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
Havent seen you much this season, does this guy ever play? Not sure why he isnt guaranteed starter either as LW or 2nd forward.

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
Which guy?

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
Mussachio all by himself in the center? I think that would be a bigger risk than RR on the left.
Haha we’re probably fucked either way aren’t we? I just dislike Rodriguez more these days. And at least Musacchio is a CB, I think Rodriguez’ main stint as stopper was when Wolfsburg got relegated.

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
Was supposed to quoted humantorch. I mean Rebic. Dont get likes of Hakan picked ahead for attack.

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
Hakan, sad as it sounds, has arguably been our best attacking player this season.

Basically played one extraordinary game (vs Lecce) and one one good one (I think the recent one vs Lazio though maybe it was a different one), but that’s more than all the rest.

Leao of course is the other one, but so far he’s shown only glimpses, missed a few chances, and Pioli seems to see him as a striker only and to prefer Piatek.

Also Rebic has got very little chances, but has been extremely poor each time.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Agree that Hakan has been playing some acceptable football. Also his freekicks (direct shot or delivery)have been better.
Rebic looked promising the very first game, then hardly looked like a pro football player since then. Last game against Lazio he was able to do basic stuff again though.

·
Super Moderator
13,201 Posts
I disagree about rebic the first game, there's a youtube video of all his touches in that game. It's pretty brutal. He did one very good move and a couple normal ones, the rest was insanely bad.

He indeed looked better vs. Lazio, but hardly making a claim for a starting spot IMO.

But yeah he should get a real chance at some point, it's all been as a sub in tough games so far.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Thing with Leao is that he's more skillful (note I didn't say talented. That's reserved for Suso ) than any of our forwards. But he's also too playful or naive/inexperienced. MG was benching him and we were complaining, now Pioli is doing the same. I'd still play him ahead of Piatek because Piatek brings virtually nothing if we aren't creating. And we don't create, so Leao would at least keep the opposition defense busy.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s why we should consider not playing Kebab and Suso.
Against superior opponent playing both. We basically has no counter attacking threat

Play Leao on the right as Theo will flank the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Tempted to skip this one. We all know what will happen if we miraculously play well and are on the verge of a result.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts