Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?
Please discuss.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Always fear English sides. Plus a team that knocks Shaktar out can't be a bad team.

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
A bit better than that please M.G.

I know that M.G is a big fan of Bobby Zamora ( secretly)

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
The round of 16 ties will be played on 11 and 18 March with the winners progressing to the draw for the rest of the competition, which takes place in Nyon from 13.00CET on 19 March. The quarter-finals will be played on 1 and 8 April, the semis on 22 and 29 April and the Hamburg final on Wednesday 12 May.

And just for info; Serie A last round is on 16th of May.

And here are all the ties taking place in the next round:

Hamburger SV (GER) v RSC Anderlecht (BEL)
FC Rubin Kazan (RUS) v VfL Wolfsburg (GER)
Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) v Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR)
SL Benfica (POR) v Olympique de Marseille (FRA)
Panathinaikos FC (GRE) v R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) v Liverpool FC (ENG)
Juventus (ITA) v Fulham FC (ENG)
Valencia CF (ESP) v Werder Bremen (GER)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
i don't like english opponents but there's no reason why we shouldn't beat these dudes. COME ON?!?

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
How things change. Not that long ago, Juve fans would laugh at an opponent like Fulham. Now they are scared. Goes to show how far the English game has come and how far south the Italian game has gone.

I noticed that Italian teams struggle more against English opposition than Spanish opposition. Italian teams seem to struggle with their pace. But Spanish teams tend to cope better against English teams because they are obsessed with possession and slow build up play - effectively slowing the game down. Italian teams these days try to play more like English teams - i.e strength and power but with no pace and no patient build up....hence we always lose....unless we fundamentally alter our approach. (Younger faster players will also help no doubt).

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
English side or not, would be a disaster if we crashed to Fulham.

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts
I dont fear them, neither do I think English teams= loss just because we we were previously knocked out by an amazing Man U team or an Arsenal team who was prolly the best of their entire history quality wise. Fullham is a good midtable team, and we are in an pretty mediocre shape, but you dont automatically equate the above two teams with Fullham just because they play in same league.

·
Registered
42,725 Posts
What do you think?
Please discuss.
Mark Schwarzer will stand over Gianluigi Buffon's crumpled body, and a long cord will appear and descend from the sky, and upon closer inspection a microphone is attached to it. Nearer and nearer it approaches the two noted figures, until finally Schwarzer, with an authoritative grasp, reaches out to grab the mic. Lowering himself closer to his rival, mic in hand, he makes the deep, bold pronouncement, and in a voice to match, "I am your superior." Juventus vs. Fulham, second leg, Mark Schwarzer, penalty shoot-out hero.

Sorry lately I've been keen on these TNA [wrestling] crossover posts.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
Well they'll be a good test of how well our recovery is going.

I know our record recently against English opposition leaves a lot to be desired, but we're also not the same team we were back then, so there's no point really going by that record.

It'll all depend how we deal with their pace, and slowing the tempo to a rhythum that suits us better.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Administrator
52,887 Posts
イラ;7672115 said:
Mark Schwarzer will stand over Gianluigi Buffon's crumpled body, and a long cord will appear and descend from the sky, and upon closer inspection a microphone is attached to it. Nearer and nearer it approaches the two noted figures, until finally Schwarzer, with an authoritative grasp, reaches out to grab the mic. Lowering himself closer to his rival, mic in hand, he makes the deep, bold pronouncement, and in a voice to match, "I am your superior." Juventus vs. Fulham, second leg, Mark Schwarzer, penalty shoot-out hero.

Sorry lately I've been keen on these TNA [wrestling] crossover posts.
lol until the actual punchline :pp :D Need to work on that, make it more like The Rock kinda in your face putdowns :cool: not a typical fake wrestler amateur actor weak attempts to diss like most of those in that industry.

·
Registered
17,126 Posts
Haven't watched Fulham in a while but they sound like a pacey and organized side, the type that can trouble Juventus right now. The good news is this tie is a couple of weeks away and Juventus will gel more by then, and get Camoranesi in form again possibly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hope there will not be any trouble between the fans. Should be easy for us. Camo is back, Trezegol is back.

Del Piero - Trezeguet ....................... like like like like like like like like like

1 - 20 of 148 Posts