·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 20 - 23/1/05 (15.00)
Juventus-Brescia

Stadio Delle Alpi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus need a victory against troubled Brescia in order to stave off Milan’s challenge for the leadership, but there are clearly problems in Turin.

Fabio Capello’s side had made a strong defence the key to their success, but conceding six goals over their last three official games shows something has gone awry – especially when Gianfranco Zola is allowed to score a header in the final stages of their 1-1 draw at Cagliari.

Alessio Tacchinardi and Alessandro Birindelli are doubts for this game, while David Trezeguet could again squeeze Alessandro Del Piero out of the starting eleven.

Brescia are slipping towards the relegation zone and are now level on points with third-from-bottom Parma, so they’ll be more than happy to sneak a point at the Delle Alpi. Andrea Caracciolo should partner Giuseppe Sculli, though Luigi Dipasquale is an option after scoring his first Serie A goal in the 1-1 draw with Fiorentina. Omar Milanetto and Marius Stankevicius will work hard to clog up spaces in midfield and prevent Juve running the show.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet

Brescia (probable): Castellazzi; Martinez, Di Biagio, Adani; Stankevicius, Guana, Milanetto, Dallamano; Mannini, Sculli; Caracciolo

Ref: To follow...

With Alessio out, i´m worried to see Appiah in bech :scared: ....this seems to be an easy game, so expect a low score win...

And i´m hope Trez and Del Piero will start...am i dreaming? :googly:

·
Registered
780 Posts
i expect nothing less than 3 points. buff, I agree with you on starting with DP and Trezeguet. Zlatan should be rested and if the partnership is not clicking, then maybe he can come in some time in the second half.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I want to see Olivera in Blasi's spot again. We need to start creating more goals and the only way we are going to do that in this system is to try out new players.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I hope we play this:

--------------Buffon
--Zebina--Thuram--Cannavaro--Pessotto
Camoranesi--Emerson--Olivera--Nedved
-------Del Piero--Trezeguet

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
gray said:
I hope we play this:

--------------Buffon
You copped my formation. I posted that in the Juventuz forum gray. :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Juve should handle this.. Brescia is so poor this season. Maybe this can make way for Olivera. He could be a great midfielder. He has the all the technical skills needed for it. If he can adapt and improve his defensive game he could be a great center midfielder.

Forza Juve!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Andr3w said:
You copped my formation. I posted that in the Juventuz forum gray. :D
Ha, like I've ever needed you for anything :ass:

I think I posted that before you posted your formation at Juventuz anyway, though I can't be assed to check :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gray said:
I hope we play this:

--------------Buffon
Uhmm...where is Zambro??? :googly:

Probably this will the formation, with 3 changes: Zambro-Pessotto, Blasi-Olivera, Zlatan-Del Piero :depress:

I prefer Blasi than Olivera, at least in the central midfield...i see Olivera more a wing, he has the speed and the ball control that a wing need, and a good shoot...but i dont know like central midfield, if he play there, then Emerson has to take all the defensive responsabilitie, and, i think Emo is good helping attack, in fact, when Emerson turn to the attack Juve seems more organised in the front......i dont know....but i prefer Olivera in Camo or Nedved place....

And Blasi is getting better in each game...i hope he will turn in our own "Gattusso" or better...

Other thing...you couldn´t replace Zambro...maybe Zebina, but no Zambro..

·
Registered
418 Posts
buff said:
Uhmm...where is Zambro??? :googly:
Probably this will the formation, with 3 changes: Zambro-Pessotto, Blasi-Olivera, Zlatan-Del Piero :depress:
Ibra a riposo, largo a Trezeguet
Domenica per Juve-Brescia Capello potrebbe puntare sul francese in coppia con Del Piero, facendo rifiatare lo svedese. Zambrotta in dubbio, pronto Pessotto.

Contro il Brescia Capello potrebbe dunque decidere di far rifiatare Ibrahimovic schierando in campo Del Piero e Trezeguet dal primo minuto.

--------------------------------------

Basically, Zambrotta is in doubt and Zlatan is going to be rested.

buff said:
I prefer Blasi than Olivera, at least in the central midfield...i see Olivera more a wing, he has the speed and the ball control that a wing need, and a good shoot...but i dont know like central midfield, if he play there, then Emerson has to take all the defensive responsabilitie, and, i think Emo is good helping attack, in fact, when Emerson turn to the attack Juve seems more organised in the front......i dont know....but i prefer Olivera in Camo or Nedved place.
Blasi will play alongside Emerson, but I'd personally prefer having Olivera. Not that Olivera is a better player, but I'd want him there to compensate for the loss in attacking power down the left due to Zambrotta's absence).

IMO it'd be worth a try going and attacking Brescia; they're not that dangerous on the counter-attack, and their defensive record is none too impressive (we beat them 3-0 earlier this season)

I think we should be able to beat Brescia without having our 2 anchors in front of the defence, but I don't think Capello would be so adventurous, since he's been known to even field 3 defensive midfielders.

If we're up by 2 at the 60th minute, I can see Zalayeta coming on for Trezeguet, who's probably not 100% yet. Capello might rest Zlatan for the whole match, but we all know how much he loves Zlatan and how much he loves subbing Del Piero. If we have a comfortable lead though, I'd probably prefer to give Alex a confidence-boosting 90 minutes

·
Registered
61,330 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
About time...
yeah tell me bout it

Then again, if I were Capello, I wouldn't give him a rest all season.

Zlatan's like a box of chocolates...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gray said:
Basically, Zambrotta is in doubt and Zlatan is going to be rested.

Blasi will play alongside Emerson, but I'd personally prefer having Olivera. Not that Olivera is a better player, but I'd want him there to compensate for the loss in attacking power down the left due to Zambrotta's absence).
Will be a shame if Zambro wont play :(

So, Pessotto will start and we will lose some power in attack, in the left flank...difficult game for Nedved will be...

Olivera doesn´t solve our attacking problems..if Blasi could handle all the defensive work, Emerson could be our solution for the atacking....and remeber that our defense isn´t play so good, most of the goals we received were when Emerson-Blasi couple weren´t in the game....

And i prefer to win 1-0, than a 2-2 tie...anyway we need a victory...

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Here is my team for the match:

-------------Buffon

Birindelli---Tudor---Cannavaro---Zambrotta

----------Olivera------Emerson

---Kapo

----------Nedved

-------Ibrahimovic
-------------------Treze(Zala)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Nedved Kapo
Trezeguet DP

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Why are you willing to be so harsh on Zebina? He is better than Birindelli and Pessotto. Furthermore, most players work on confidence and we'd shoot ourselves in the foot taking that confidence away from him. Also bare in mind that he's a Capello's favourite.

Thuram is out of form? So, who do you suggest? Montero? Form is temporary, class is permanent.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nyuka said:
Last match we played 10 men cause Zebina was on the pitch. Thuram is out of form too.
In some parts we played with 9...(when Appiah went to the pitch).. :yuck:

I like Steph lineup..but i think it´s too ofensive for Capello...so i expect the usual defensive nor creative lineup...

I´m also expect that Del Piero make a great game, could be one of the last chances to prove that he still a great player...

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Steph! said:
Thuram is out of form? So, who do you suggest? Montero? Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Tudor might be good. He can be great... if he doesn't get injured.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nyuka said:
Tudor might be good. He can be great... if he doesn't get injured.
Both aren´t reliable, if we want a hard and strong defence, so we need to play with two Defensive Midfield, like Emerson-Blasi combination....but we are losing creativity, this is the price...

So you could use a Emerson-Olivera and have more offensive, but you will suffer in the back..or use a Emerson-Blasi partnership and have a strong midfield, a secure defense but a lack of creative offensive.....

What is your choice? :googly:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts