Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by Espen Andre Skjerve
More about
Juventus
Betis
Denilson

Italian champions Juventus are said to be interested in signing Real Betis winger Denilson this summer.

The Brazilian has stated that he would welcome a move to Italy, and that he has matured enough to succeed in the Serie A.

Juventus manager Marcello Lippi is keen to strengthen his squad this summer following the vote of confidence he received from the board after winning the Serie A title.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
just thinking about it, he exactely the type of player we need for that left side. great skills, fast, attacks good and scores.

i seriously hope we get him.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
______________BUFFON________________

CANNA___TUDOR___MONTERO___PLACENTE?

______________DAVIDS________________

___ZAMBRO_______________DENILSON___

______________NEDVED_______________

______TREZ/SALAS____DEL PIERO________

Not bad.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Hmm

I gotta admit I don't believe this rumour for a single second. Just remember that Denilson became the world's biggest transfer in 1997 (€30m) and that if failed to justify such a sum (if I wasn't that found of euphemisms, I'd say he was a flop), due to a lack of consistency and regularity (two shortcomings that work against him for a Juve move), even though this very season was probably his best of his European spell.

BUT... I'll put my doubts aside and let's assume we go for him. Then again, a 5men midfiled is the sine qua non condition. Otherwise, in our actual 4-3-1-2...

- X --- X --- X --- X -
- X ------ X ------ D -
---------- X -----------

We know he likes to move forward and dribbling. That results in lots of lost balls and counter-attacks. I can't see him participating much in our defensive display and I think we'd have many deserted room on his flank on which the opponents could easily manoeuvre. Too much space. Less possession in midfield and a playstyle somewhat passive. We must prevent the opponent to come in the last 25 (decisive) meters too easily and that scheme leaves no midfield cover on the flank. The 4men midfield with a trequartista wouldn't work thus should Denilson or someone else of his kind arrive. IMO.

--- X -- X -- X ---
------ X - X ------
-- X --- X --- D --

That would work from my perspective. Two defensive midfielders (just like in the French NT) would could warrant the essential defensive duties in case that offensive left winger losts the ball in an advanced position on the pitch. There's got to be a compromise between the different sectors of the team, in order to bring danger from everywhere (and the wings need to be developed in priority) without leaving the team in danger. A matter of good balance.

------------------- Buffon ----------------
------- Tudor -- Montero -- Canna ---
------------- Brighi ---- Davids ---------
Zambrotta ---- Nedved ---- Denilson
------- Trezeguet ----- Del Piero-------

This would be nice.

Ciao.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Juve Chase Denilson

05/22/2002. Juventus are reportedly considering a bid to sign Real Betis' Brazilian midfielder Denilson.

The left-winger has been one of the revelations of La Liga this season but has admitted in recent days that he would be open to a move to Italy.

He claimed he had 'matured' and was ready to go to 'a great Italian team.'

The Bianconeri would surely have to pay in excess of £20 million for the 24-year-old.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
That's what I thought. £ 20m is way too much. :wth:

Nothing justifies such a high market value. There are other gifted (and needless to say more regular) wingers around. Midfield is the #1 part to strenghten, but this is really not secure.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I like Denilson and all but he is not really suited to Italian League, I can't picture such a skillful player in this highly demanding tactical league.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
if we are getting him to play on th eleft in a 4-4-2 formation, then i agree with purchase. if we get a player like Placente, who is very good at left back and doesnt attack as much as say teh likes of Carlos, or Candela, Denilson on the left would be great and he should be allowed to attack as much as he wants.

But if we get a left back who is more attacking, then that left side could be left open and that could be a huge weakness in the team.

if we purchase Denilson thinking to use him upfront on the left, like in Stephanho's post, then i say forget about him. We have the likes of Salas and maybe Mutu next season if he joins to play in a 3 man attack.

but in the 4-4-2, Denilson could be very good as i think juve does lack skillful, dribbling players in the middle of the park.

Nedved, Davids, Zambro are all good and have heaps of different skills, but none actually have the skill of say a denilson, zidane, figo type player. thats what juve needs....more flare in their line up.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Cug, we totally disagree on this. I absolutely oppose the 4-4-2 with him. You think hiring a defensive-minded leftback would prevent us from exposing our left flank to the opponents? With such a scheme, the defence needs to play high, in order not to let the opponents get into your own half (and the last meters especially, the Danger Zone) easily everytime the ball would be lost by Denilson (and there would several one's). Allowing wingers such as Cafu or Figo is suicide. This I think that a 4-4-2 with Denilson automatically implies a leftback with some midfield skills, someone like Candela. But we don't have any. In a 3-5-2, the midfield is entirely covered with the two defensive midfielders.

-------- <DM1> -------- <DM2> --------
RW ---------------- P ----------------- LW

Anyway, this Denilson rumour is just bullsh!t. ;) Sorry, Nyuka!!!

Ciao.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Stephanho, don't apologise...actually I think it is bull**** too, but still, you know, I believe till the end:)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
juve 4 ever, we have been rumoured with to a million players, but so far, we havent bought one good player which we actually need.

the likes of Doni, Denilson, Placente and so on seem to look further away from a juve shirt each day.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
after watching him come on against Turkey, i think this guy is exactely what we need!!

coome on juve, buy him already!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts