Xtratime Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juventus have completed the signing of Manuele Blasi - even though the player will be allowed to stay on loan at Perugia for one more season.

The former Under-21 international was being chased by Inter but the Bianconeri made the Umbrian outfit an offer they couldn’t refuse.

Perugia have netted themselves £7m plus the signing of striker Nicola Amoruso and the loan of Fabrizio Miccoli – who only joined Juve this summer from Ternana.

Blasi had an excellent campaign last term in which he profited from the sale of Fabio Liverani who left to join Lazio.

The midfielder impressed so much that he went on to win Under-21 honours and was a regular starter in the Azzurrini’s ill-fated European Championships this summer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I kind of disagree with you guys. Blasi is still young and inexperienced. I've seen him play for the Italy Under-21 team, and he clearly lacked experience and wouldn't be able to lead a big team like Juventus. We need better midfielders like Viera. Anyway, I hope Blasi proves me wrong next season, and hope he has a good season and above all gain the much required experience of playing at the highest levels. Good luck Blasi !!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Anastacia, I think I see your point, I don't mind that they spend one more year in loan... what boders me is that until this moment Juventus has lost and will still be losing midfielders and haven't buy one decent midfielder!! (exept from Brigui).
Its time to wake up! we need to sign cuality players!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't worry, am sure Juve's management are doing their best in signing quality players. 'Big name' transfers are not as easy as others, they usually require alot of time, effort, and negotiations. Anyway, the deadline is on August 31, that's around 2 months from now. But I also say that we must sign as soon as possible; so that the newcomers would settle in well.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,503 Posts
Lets go after Zizou !!!! :lala:

C'mon guys...its not like we're a week from deadlines here...Give time to time and it will all work out !!!

;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
colocolo said:
Lets go after Zizou !!!! :lala:

;)
Ooops.....:D Not likely, man.....

Regarding Blasi, i've read somewhere that he's a left footed midfielder. And i think that this is good for Italy's future. Have we ever remembered these few years, whether Italy have a really good natural left footed midfielder, playing either in the left wing or inside left midfield position?

Non at all right? The very last guys to take up that position and done pretty well are Cristiano Doni and Stefano Fiore. But both are natural right footers who are also good with the left foot (so called either footed).

For Juventus, we have Edgar Davids and should he leave, Nedved can take over that position. But a player like Blasi, i believe in the near future, can turn out to be someone impressive. In the words of the Italians, protagonist.
:tongue:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts