Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Italian papers are saying that Denilson is close to sign for them. Let's see how he story goes....just hope they close the deal before or after the world cup....not during it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Let's hope this does not happen. Though Juve is my favorite italian team, I don't believe Denilson should play in Serie A. I fear for his health. his beautiful soccer will be matched every sunday only by the brutal tactics of Serie A defenders and midfielders like Gattuso, Fernando Couto, simeone to name a few. He should stay in spain or go to Germany.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I hope not. Ronaldinho Gaucho is my favorite player and has been linked with Inter before but to be honest maybe he shouldn't go because he is just like Denilson, his style of play suits him well with Spain. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i think its a huge mistake for any brasilian player to go to italy, unless their crap like emerson, lima, a.carlos.
but denilson should stay in spain it doesn't suit a skillfull player like him to play in the most brutal league in the world.
The same goes for ronaldinho, i dont know what the hell pinga is doing in the italian third division.
He should go and play in spain.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After Ronaldinho's display against Catalan NT, i think Barcelona should buy him quickly...otherwise his price will sky rocket in the WC........the star of the cup will be him or Zidane....nobody else can be the star in my book!

And after watching Barcelona in that pathetic semi final against Real Madrid, they urgently need a player like Ronaldinho Gaucho!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
hehe ze,
r u reading my mind or something?
thats exactly what i think, ronaldinho would form a great partnership with rivaldo and kluivert.
looks like ronaldinho is the next ronaldo and hopefully kaka is the next zico:D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ronaldinho would sadly go well with Barcelona but the thing is I don't want him to have any Argentina players like Saviola around him, it gives me a bitter taste in my mouth. :eek:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not so much romario.
:eek:

Kaka will never be a Zico!:( But he definitly will be a great thing to remember once he retires in about 15 years time!;) :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
RIvaldo a screw-up? he's been considered one of the best players for the past 2-3 years but this season he went trough alot of injuries and is now turning 30 years old, he's won several player awards, come on man cut the bullocks.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
La Liga Is More Violent Than Serie A

romario8 said:
i think its a huge mistake for any brasilian player to go to italy, unless their crap like emerson, lima, a.carlos.
but denilson should stay in spain it doesn't suit a skillfull player like him to play in the most brutal league in the world.
Y'know, I don't think Serie A is all that brutal. The defenses are tighter in Italy, and there's far less space to play in - that would be a challenge for Denilson, and might actually help him grow as a player. Denilson is vastly talented, but IMHO he needs to work on some skills he's just reasonable on, such as finishing and heading. Not to mention marking, something that even strikers must be familiar with in today's soccer.

But about Serie A: Since the defenses are so much tighter and more demanding, one rarely sees a truly vicious tackle in Italy. I mean, remember the tackle that broke Juninho Paulista's World Cup dreams in 1997? It was a vicious tackle from behind, delivered by a defender for whom that was a desperate measure: His team's defense was open and Juninho flew by, and that cowardly aggression was the only option that guy had to stop Juninho. In Serie A, on the other hand, we almost never see a forward sprinting past defenses, past the last man - because all defenses are solid and there's no space for it. There's ALWAYS a 'last man' in Italian soccer, so there's no need for a tackle from behind like the one that broke Juninho.

In Spain, on the other hand, defenses are much more relaxed, so sometimes an attacker will break free from the defenders, and a defender will tackle that forward viciously, as a desperate defensive effort. So, sadly, offensiveness creates the opportunity for violence; when your team has a solid defense, there's no need for anyone to tackle from behind; because there's coverage, there's always coverage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts