·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can make it!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Liverpool... That is not an easy draw but it is not the hardest draw around.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
the other games:
Milan - Inter
Chelsea - Bayern
Lyon - PSV

I am satisfied with that draw. Luckily its not Chelsea.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Liverpool was inconsistant during this season .. lets hope they will not be in their day when we face them

on paper we are better

the winner will play with either Che or Bayren

i am sure that the winner from AC Vs Inter will reach the final because both Lyon and Eindhoven are weak

FORZA JUVE

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Liverpool vs Juve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inter vs AC MILan!!!!!!

Chelsea vs Bayern!!!!!!!!

Lyon vs PSV!!

·
1st Tier Poster
50,405 Posts
You have much more quality in your squad, that's for sure. Liverpool hasn't exactly been an impressive team in the last couple of years.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
CaeSer said:
Liverpool was inconsistant during this season .. lets hope they will not be in their day when we face them
Yep, we should not underestimate them.

There are other things I will not say about Liverpool.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
What a gift for Juve :pp ,here comes world war 3. :howler:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Glad it's not AC or Chelsea.

If we win, we'll face either Bayern Munchen or Chelsea in the semis.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
What bearing does this have on the Heysel disaster? The two sides haven't met since that happened.

If I was a liverpool fan I wouldn't travel to Turin out of a mark of respect.

Alot of liverpool fans I talk to don't even know what the Heysel disaster is, seems to have been forgotten, which is very sad.

There must be a core of Juve fans who would advise against Liverpool support travelling to Turin for their own safety, i'm sure it's still alive in the mind of juve fans who are old enough to remember it.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I didn´t want to remind of that, Simba did. Well, I am sure the british media will warm it up again. I am too young to remember that tragedy and I was not interesting in football at this time. I saw pictures of it years later and was shocked.

@schumy:"here comes world war 3." No need for such a statement. :(

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quarter-finals 1st leg - 05 & 06 April 2005
Quarter-finals 2nd leg - 12 & 13 April 2005

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
is it already known when which game exactly will be played?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
If we win we will play the winner out of Bayern and Chelsea :nervous:. I think we can do it against Liverpool but the next round will be difficult. So theres no chance of playing Chelsea in the final with Mutu.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
is it already known when which game exactly will be played?
I am certain it's already decided. I just can't find the info.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Matchday 9 - Tuesday, 05 April

Liverpool 20:45 Juventus
Milan 20:45 Internazionale

Matchday 9 - Wednesday, 06 April
Chelsea 20:45 Bayern
Lyon 20:45 PSV

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
gray said:
Matchday 9 - Tuesday, 05 April

Liverpool 20:45 Juventus
Milan 20:45 Internazionale

Matchday 9 - Wednesday, 06 April
Chelsea 20:45 Bayern
Lyon 20:45 PSV
Thanks for that info Gray. :thumbsup:

It'll be the other way round in the return leg. I need to ask my colleagues to swap the shifts with me for 5 April. :tongue:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
It's a very good draw on several levels. Liverpool can be a very good team on their day, but personally I rate them the second "weakest" in the draw. We ought to advance.

Second, it is superb for our scudetto ambitions that Milan and Inter play eachother. Those games will be larger than life in Milano, and it could well be significant for their serieA preparations.

Another cool part is that Chelsea gets a tough cracker. Bayern is traditionally a beast against English teams.

Exciting to say the least!

As for the Heysel memorandum. I would REALLY hope the two sets of supporters got together on commermorating that night, and that the atmosphere will be exceptional in the best of ways.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i really dont like facing english teams, we havent been great the last few games we played against them.

but liverpool are not exactly the toughest team so that is a good thing. but in saying that, they wouldnt be there if they werent good.

another concern, if we do win of course, is the chance of facing bayern again. beating them twice 1-0, and now playing them again will be very tough and you would expect them to really come at us hard.

but yeah, could have been worse and i think moggi and capello will be happy with the draw.

1 - 20 of 661 Posts