Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From goal.com
Juventus-Liverpool-Heysel Situation

This episode has nothing to do with Serie A per se, but it is still worth a mention. Granted that the Juve supporters’ gesture towards the friendship sign by the Reds supporters was over the top and frankly wrong, the Bianconeri have every right not to forget and maybe not even to forgive what happened 20 years ago at Heysel. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion but the Liverpool fans should not expect Juventus to just accept their friendship gesture when hypocritically enough they do not forget nor forgive the Hillsborough disaster. Many Reds fans expected the Old Lady’s counterparts to just accept their apology but the fact is that if you do not follow your own suggestions then you cannot be taken seriously. Liverpool need to take a leaf out of their own book; if they cannot forgive and forget, why should Juve fans do so?

i couldn't agree more with this. If ur not prepared to forgive others for their actions why should u expect others to forgive u

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I've read that the juve fanatic supporters the "ultras" want revenge lets hope this doesnt happen

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hope nothing happens, it would tarnish italian football because people have short memories and Heysel being the catayst would not even be mentioned in most of the world press.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Many Liverpool fans arent travelling because of safety fears.....there wont be many there tonite!

Cicco - I dont think your post was a good idea, it reads quite provocatively especially as I doubt you can remember the incident.
20 years is a long time and although the tradedgy should never be forgotten - I think its about time it was forgiven....lifes too short!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Nico said:
Many Liverpool fans arent travelling because of safety fears.....there wont be many there tonite!

omg :frownani: :frownani:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when the incident occured i was only a bambino, but even all the way over here in Australia, many people in the italian community have been talking about it since the two teams have been drawn. I don't want violence to occur, but what i'm trying to say is that the incident hurt italians both physically and mentally and, a simple apology by the liverpool fans last week is not enough to heal wounds.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
ciccio, there are several threads started on XT with regards to this topic so there is no need to open a new thread again.

If you have any query, please send me a PM. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.