Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lecce are an aggressive team, who are effective in attack as few others can be but who, at the same time, concede a great deal in defence. Results so far have proven this attitude right, as the Puglia-based club are doing quite well and their stay in Serie A seems out of question. After losing Bojinov, one of this season’s revelations, during the transfer market in January, they found out how Konan and particularly Vucinic can be as powerful in attack as the Bulgarian forward, now in Florence, is, and they managed to maintain a respectable point average.

Precedents in Turin are clearly in favour of Juventus who, however, have to redeem last year’s match. The only win for the Salentini at Bianconeri’s home occurred on the last but one match in the past season, when Milan was already the Scudetto winners, when Lecce won at Delle Alpi by 3-4. It won’t be easy for Zeman’s squad to repeat that; next Sunday, they’ll have to face a Juventus moved by other motivations and they’ll also have to do without one of their most precious players: captain Christian Ledesma, a real point of reference in the midfield, who will be out due to injury.

http://www.juventus.com/uk/news/detail.aspx?lml_language_id=0&trs_id=1366000&ID=4608

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
It's funny how Milan fans "accuse" of us being all caught up in serieA at the expense of CL.... yet noone is commenting on our serieA campaign even if we're tied for the lead with 8 games to go.... and actually momentarily ahead by 2 points :).

Anyway.... I wish Zlatan would have gotten one of those in midweek.

Juventus- Lecce 3-1 at halftime.

0-1 Vucinic
1-1 Appiah :)eekani: - makes one wonder if Capello has suddenly lost all patience with Blasi doesn't it?)
2-1 Zlatan
3-1 Zlatan

Siena-Milan 0-0 at HT. Sheva had a valid goal turned down, Tudor has hit the bar and Dida has been forced into a few good saves.

Btw. Fiorentina's Delle Valle has been very vocal the last few days about fighting Juve to keep Chiellini, and saying that he and Moggi will meet shortly where he will also take Maresca and Miccoli permanently.

Perhaps Viola should focus more on staying in serieA.... Livorno-Fiorentina 2-0 at HT - which means that currently Fiorentina is equal with Siena for the 17th place that means a play-off game.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
I'm watching the game,and I got one thing to say,thank you Zeman! :thumbsup: :proud: :howler: Making our job ALOT easier.Knew it would happen,thats why I wasnt nervous at all wen we conceaded that goal early on(wich was a a messed up error from Thuram and co)Nice goal from Appiah(nice to see him play,saw Blasi moping on the bench:D),but listen to this,there was 5(!!!) Juve players alone with Sigicnano! :D talk about a messed up offside tactic of them :howler:

The same thing with both of Zlatans goal,abysmal defending of Lecce.But very good finishing of Zlatan.The first one (another messed up offside tactic gone wrong)he cuts in from left and does a player,and cooly puts it in.The other one, Nedved of the old shows up,fast break and passes it to Zlatan who immediately strikes it in the bottom corner.Very good finish.Though Lecce are very dangerous offensively as usual,ispecially Vucinic.Fast breaks and they can create chances easily,but many bad last passes of them,and the Juve D managing to put them offside, unlike the Lecce D :howler:

Cant enjoy this funny game anymore,the Milanisti of the household are going to watch the second of the Milan game,and I got to watch the first half of the Juve game(good thing I chose the first half instead of the second).The game is over anyways,Lecce must attack even more and risk their already fragile defence.Forza Siena! :thumbsup: Chiesa and our own Tudor has been close in scoring.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
Are you watching the game Glenny?

Nice goal of Pavel,thank you Zeman :kiss: :D

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I have a pretty worthless web feed.... well... I suppose it's mostly my internet connection that isn't too good. Either way - it's not good enough to use as a frame of reference for what's actually going on :groan: .

And speaking of :groan: ... Crespo scored for Milan. Not that it's a surprise, but still.

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
Enricooooooooooooooooo:D A nice goal,but a lucky one :D should be an own goal of Rui Costa.15 minutes left of the game.Couldn't Chiesa had scored wen its few minutes left :pp I just know Milan will score in the last minute.And we need these points badly,because we have a tough game against Inter coming up.

Hehe why dont you find a sportsbar where you can watch? I'm spoilt,get to watch 4 Serie A games a week ;)

·
Administrator
53,112 Posts
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D Siena-Milan 2-1,Cozza scored :eek: I'm still jumping up and down out of excitement :D Too bad you arent watching this Glen(the Milan game). and Zlatan just scored his third goal :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Ciao Trezeguet, Forza Zlatan!

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Glen said:
....and Zlatan claims his hattrick :D .

Five goals in two games. What's going on with him :) ?

goal from zlatan??? :shades: hahaha......only here they can show off... :tongue: poor lecce :frownani:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Wohoo 5-2 great win for Juve we should do this more often :D. Now that we are no longer in the CL we can concentrate on winning the Serie A now that we have a 3 point lead. :thmbup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts