Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you open to read a topic here, you should be able to listen to some music, like those cards we get for Christmas or our birthday. We should ask administrators if they can add this great feature…
In this very case, Juventus-Lazio, the soundtrack while reading this topic could be “Mission: Impossible”, since a few of our best players will miss the visit to the Old Lady.

Since last time we went there, the Old Lady has changed home, no more visits to the Stadio delle Alpi, one of our favourite “Fields of Victory” (soundtrack here: “Chariots of Fire”). How to forget “El Cholo” Simeone’s header who makes road for the scudetto in 2000 or Fiore (also known as “Old Lady serial killer”)? Moreover, on that pitch we won our last trophy in 2004.

A few months ago in Rome it ended with an undeserved loss for the Eagles, whose defenders really looked more like Will Coyotes outran by the Beep Beep Del Piero, but the team played bravely (soundtrack: “What have I done to deserve this?”).

Now it is time to play at the Stadio Olimpico, familiar name but different city (soundtrack: “Arrivederci Roma”), against a team who need just one point to play in the preliminary round of the Champions Cup. Ledesma, Dabo and Zauri are banned (Ousmane also for the next match against Palermo), Behrami still injured, but Siviglia is back after the suspension, so let’s see which team Rossi is going to field, by now guessing it is like playing roulette, but I would go for

Ballotta

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Radu - Kolarov

Mudingayi - Baronio - Mutarelli

Pandev - Bianchi - Rocchi.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
When you open to read a topic here, you should be able to listen to some music, like those cards we get for Christmas or our birthday. We should ask administrators if they can add this great feature…
In this very case, Juventus-Lazio, the soundtrack while reading this topic could be “Mission: Impossible”, since a few of our best players will miss the visit to the Old Lady.
When I opened this thread I was listening to The Corrs; What Can I do to Make you Love Me?

Appropriate in Juventus' case then... :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
My soundtrack was the Italian classic "Juve, Juve, vaffanculo!" :)

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
Baronio lives!!!?? HE LIIIVESS???

The result of our games arent vital anymore, only extra treat one wants is a repeat performance from Ale from last time :shades:

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Baronio is available for transfer, if you're interested. :lala:

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And Rocchi got injured... He will miss both Juventus and Palermo games. Pandev and Bianchi are not fully fit, and during yesterday's training game, ledesma got a light injury (not that matters really since he's banned, but anyway...). Now, let's hope that someone will not get injured while getting up stairs on the aeroplane to Turin, or while tieing the safelty belt.

Anyway, the probable line-up now seems

Ballotta

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Cribari - Radu

Mudingayi - Baronio - Mutarelli

Mauri

Pandev - Bianchi

And Lotito should take the lads to Lourdes or Fatima as place for the next pre-season trainings. Who knows, maybe some miracles could happen, like turning Firmani into a football player. Or is it too much even for such places? :)

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I hope we can at least injure some rube player as we have no chance to get even a point with this line-up...

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Kill me, kill me now...
With such performanaces we actually deserve to be in the relegation struggle for as long as possible. Absolute disgrace, no one is even trying...

·
Administrator
53,192 Posts
You want to save your secret weapon Baronio for the next game? Him off for Vignaroli.

Bianchi scores btw.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Was it a coincidence we actually started trying once Baronio came off? :) At least we didn't embarass ourselves further.

We haven't won since the derby and we are by far the leaders in the red cards chart. Not good to say the least.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Everyone was dreadful but Mudingayi's passing is appalling, yes. Even Mutarelli looks like a gifted passer comapred to him.

·
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
10,622 Posts
Sigh.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Humiliating performance. If we keep going like this we'll end the season just barely above the relegation zone, the lowest place in years. And quite unnecessary as these poor results are mainly a matter of mentality. It's obvious the players don't care anymore, but why bother showing up at all then? Just stay home and play the youth team. We'd probably still lose, but at least they might show some spirit and willingness to play football.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I hope all players get the heaviest possible fines for not trying.
Knowing Lotito he will probably claim we were superb and the ref robbed us, though...

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
There's no shame in losing to Juve but to do it in such fashion is embarrassing. Crap performance all around.

Why is Baronio still on our books? The guy is a pathetic excuse of a footballer. He should find some other sport.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Baronio is not merely on our books, he was our highest earner until Rocchi got his new contract recently. I wonder if we are the only team in the world where for a time the highest earning player was at the same time the worst player. If only the guy had the dignity to pack his bags and leave...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Going out for shopping saved me from watching this game. As you said, a defeat was to be expected, especially since a few of our best players were not available, but a defeat of these proportions and the way it has materialized, that is really too much. From what I have read, it seems that our players played (better, not played) in the first half like they did in Parma and Catania. But this time they had to face Juventus and it was 4-0. I hope Rossi slammed them in the interval, and still more after the game. Moreover, I hope Lotito will buy a very good defender for next season. Radu is good as central defender, but Siviglia and Cribari are not top 6 stuff.

Ratings from goal.com

LAZIO
Marco Ballotta: 4.0 – The oldest player in the Serie A certainly looked his age as he was beaten five times this afternoon.

Stefan Radu: 5.0 - The youngster managed to make some forward runs in the second half but was run ragged by Juventus’ forwards.

Sanchez Cribari: 4.0 - There was a lack of communication at the back for Lazio this afternoon and he was made to look stupid by Del Piero and Trezeguet on more than one occasion.

Lorenzo Di Silvestri: 4.0 - He gave the Juventus forwards far too much space and was a liability on set pieces.

Sebastiano Siviglia: 6.0 - Scored a goal and then was sent off which capped off a rollercoaster type afternoon for the defender.

Gaby Mundangayi: 5.5 - Was invisible for long stretches of the match and was overrun in the midfield by Zanetti and Sissoko.

Roberto Baronio: 5.0 - Was anonymous for long stretches of the first half and was substituted.

Massimo Mutarelli: 5.5 - Did not have any space to operate in as Juventus controlled the midfield all afternoon.

Stefano Mauri 6.5 - Set up Bianchi’s goal with a cushioned header back across the face of goal but it was too little, too late for Lazio at that point.

Goran Pandev: 6.0 - It was evident that the pride of Macedonia wasn’t at full strength and was a non factor in the match.

Rolando Bianchi: 7.0 - Forced a good save out of Buffon in the first half and then beat him with a cheeky chip shot in the second.

SUBS
Fabio Vigaroli (46”) 7.0,
Aleksander Kolarov (78”) NA,
Igli Tare (84”) NA

---

To the unlucky Lazio fans who have seen the match: really Mauri and Vignaroli were that good? or is it the usual crap from goal.com?

FORZA LAZIO

1 - 20 of 33 Posts